This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Are we allowed to say he isn't very good yet?

It would be better if you expanded on why he isn't very good though. Haven't seen him in action myself so it would be useful feedback.

Basically, from what I've seen.. he offers absolutely fuck all to the team that couldn't be offered by others.

We gave Ranger quite some time without complaints, and he hasn't delivered yet either (not given such a chance though).

The difference is though Ranger is only a kid, prior to this season he hadn't played a senior game and is still learning his trade. Best is 24, he has experience and should be hitting his prime soon.

It would be better if you expanded on why he isn't very good though. Haven't seen him in action myself so it would be useful feedback.

Basically, from what I've seen.. he offers absolutely fuck all to the team that couldn't be offered by others.

When we signed him he was described as having pace. Does he actually have any or were Hughton and his scouts wearing dark glasses on a rainy day?

When we signed him he was described as having pace. Does he actually have any or were Hughton and his scouts wearing dark glasses on a rainy day?

I admit I have a horrendous football memory.. but I'm yet to see it, afaik.

Doesn't look particualrly quick to me. If he is, he hasn't got the first clue how to use it - as was demonstrated today. Literally no movement whatsoever. A casual watcher would say he's a lazy fecker, but i honestly just think he's a bit clueless as to where the balls gonna go.

Alan Smith and kevin Nolan told Hughton that Best was quick.

Doesn't look particualrly quick to me. If he is, he hasn't got the first clue how to use it - as was demonstrated today. Literally no movement whatsoever. A casual watcher would say he's a lazy fecker, but i honestly just think he's a bit clueless as to where the balls gonna go.

Maybe that's because he's playing with another target man in Carroll? I've only seen highlights but I've seen them both go up for the same cross at the back post a couple of times now. Carroll is scoring goals but other than that he's looked pretty awful as well most of this season.

No, we have to wait for another 10 appearances where he looks off the pace, makes Smith look like a decent goalscorer and generally offers fuck all

No, we have to wait for another 10 appearances where he looks off the pace, makes Smith look like a decent goalscorer and generally offers f*** all

to be fair to the lad he seems a bit like harewood was when alongside carroll...ie a front runner having to feed off a front runner. strange that everyone will cut guthrie some slack when playing out wide when playing as the deeper striker is just as out of position for best,

No, we have to wait for another 10 appearances where he looks off the pace, makes Smith look like a decent goalscorer and generally offers f*** all

to be fair to the lad he seems a bit like harewood was when alongside carroll...ie a front runner having to feed off a front runner. strange that everyone will cut guthrie some slack when playing out wide when playing as the deeper striker is just as out of position for best,

Every aspect of Best's game looks poor.

First Ranger & now Guthrie being used to defend him as well. :dontknow:

Every aspect of Best's game looks poor.

First Ranger & now Guthrie being used to defend him as well. :dontknow:

good ball for the equaliser at swansea and a good ball today for an offside carroll.

my point re guthrie is valid.

I watched today, and he didn't seem up to much. Do we have an idea of how much we paid for him? If we get promoted, we ought to write that off as a sunk cost, sell him, and seek better alternatives.

thonk was the plan anyway. tactics relying on a big man to aim for up front, if carrolls trial was earlier we'd be relying on the injured ameobi or ranger.

Guest toonlass

Goal just like Given's f*** up at Coventry at Brammell Lane today.  :lol:

was it leon best ?

Might have been, did Best play in goal? Or I might be in the wrong thread, take your pick.

He's not half the player Harewood is, sadly.

It's now looking like a poor decision that we didn't get him signed up til end of season when we had the chance prior to him getting injured.  We wouldn't have wasted any money on Best and probably would have won more games in January.  I guess the idea of signing Beckford clouded Hughtons judgement.