This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

He's not half the player Harewood is, sadly.

It's now looking like a poor decision that we didn't get him signed up til end of season when we had the chance prior to him getting injured.  We wouldn't have wasted any money on Best and probably would have won more games in January.  I guess the idea of signing Beckford clouded Hughtons judgement.

It most certainly did. And Beckford is really struggling for goals in League One right now. Only scored in one game in his last eight or so since the transfer request.

Are we allowed to say he isn't very good yet?

No, we have to wait for another 10 appearances where he looks off the pace, makes Smith look like a decent goalscorer and generally offers f*** all

to be fair to the lad he seems a bit like harewood was when alongside carroll...ie a front runner having to feed off a front runner. strange that everyone will cut guthrie some slack when playing out wide when playing as the deeper striker is just as out of position for best,

Every aspect of Best's game looks poor.

First Ranger & now Guthrie being used to defend him as well. :dontknow:

good ball for the equaliser at swansea and a good ball today for an offside carroll.

my point re guthrie is valid.

Delayed far too long playing the ball over for Carroll.

Best is receiving the most recent scapegoat treatment from the same old sections of support who have thoroughly criticised Marlon Harewood - even though he wasn't THAT terrible in his time here, Scotty Parker and Titus Bramble too.

We didn't have one since Shola isn't featuring and Marlon fucked off, so I guess some people may be a little lost.

Best is receiving the most recent scapegoat treatment from the same old sections of support who have thoroughly criticised Marlon Harewood - even though he wasn't THAT terrible in his time here, Scotty Parker and Titus Bramble too.

We didn't have one since Shola isn't featuring and Marlon fucked off, so I guess some people may be a little lost.

Couple of questions.

Do you think Best has played well for us so far? how many goals do you think he will score for us come end of season? and would you be happy with him starting for us next season if we are promoted?

I've seen Best stick some decent crosses in so far.  Perhaps he should be given a chance on the wing?

Ahead of who?

Should have clarified, as cover I mean.  No more Guthrie on the right for example.

We didn't have one since Shola isn't featuring and Marlon f***ed off, so I guess some people may be a little lost.

Time will tell ,imho i have seen him in 2 full games and coming on as sub but in that time i havent seen anything to convince me he is premiership material if we go up and yes a coupleof good crosses but in front of goal nowt at all and thats my main concern as he doesnt look like some one who looks like wanting to hit the back of the net ,Carrol atm looks hungry and getting on to crosses as he is in the right place and the right time .

We didn't have one since Shola isn't featuring and Marlon f***ed off, so I guess some people may be a little lost.

Couple of questions.

Do you think Best has played well for us so far? how many goals do you think he will score for us come end of season? and would you be happy with him starting for us next season if we are promoted?

He's not been as good as our other strikers but he's not exactly had a lot of game time - especially since in two or three of our games we performed shite as a team anyway.

He'll score probably 3 or 4 max. However, is he really going to be 1st choice given the form Carroll and Lovenkrandz have been showing as of late.

No, not unless he starts gelling some time before the end of the season.

BUT...if he provides a bit of cover up front for the remainder of this season, someone else who if Carroll is out, can be our target man, and aid us in our bid for promotion then that's all I'm bothered about. Besides even if he does prove to be a poor signing, how many others has Hughton made out of those so far?

Scapegoating in football is common but at Newcastle, we seem to not be happy unless at least one player is getting both barrels despite how the team is performing.

Scapegoating in football is common but at Newcastle, we seem to not be happy unless at least one player is getting both barrels despite how the team is performing.

Aye I suppose it does happen everywhere, you're definitely right about us though.

He unfortunately isn't better than Shola, Lovenkrands and doesn't fit out system as well as Carroll. In fact, he's been showing even less ability than Ranger. I'm quite confused as to why he's here.

That said, he looked like a player in the few games I saw him play for Coventry, and our team most certainly isn't ideal for strikers.

That's a fair point actually, we never seem to present our strikers with that many chances. It makes Carroll's run of goalscoring more notable as he's still not getting lots of chances but he's putting them away when eventually gets decent service.

Couple of questions.

He's not been as good as our other strikers but he's not exactly had a lot of game time - especially since in two or three of our games we performed shite as a team anyway.

He'll score probably 3 or 4 max. However, is he really going to be 1st choice given the form Carroll and Lovenkrandz have been showing as of late.

BUT...if he provides a bit of cover up front for the remainder of this season, someone else who if Carroll is out, can be our target man, and aid us in our bid for promotion then that's all I'm bothered about. Besides even if he does prove to be a poor signing, how many others has Hughton made out of those so far?

Cool, thanks for the reply.  Your right in that he hasn't had much time, perhaps he will pick up when he does get round to scoring.

As for Hughton and poor signings, I think he has done alright actually.  Routledge was very good signing.  Williamson seems a very good signing.  Harewood was decent loan signing.  van Aanholt seemed decent enough cover - decent loan signing.  Fitz Hall? - not seen enough of him but I've not heard terrible things - seems ok loan signing.  Pancrate has been poor, but again has had very little opportunities.  Best has not done great so far, but also not had enough chances or long enough run at it.  Re-signing Lovenkrands was a good signing.

Overall it looks like 5 decent signings, 1 average and 2 looking like they maybe poor.

Think he's done well really considering how much in fee's and wage's these are probably costing.

Couple of questions.

He's not been as good as our other strikers but he's not exactly had a lot of game time - especially since in two or three of our games we performed s**** as a team anyway.

Cool, thanks for the reply.  Your right in that he hasn't had much time, perhaps he will pick up when he does get round to scoring.

As for Hughton and poor signings, I think he has done alright actually.  Routledge was very good signing.  Williamson seems a very good signing.  Harewood was decent loan signing.  van Aanholt seemed decent enough cover - decent loan signing.  Fitz Hall? - not seen enough of him but I've not heard terrible things - seems ok loan signing.  Pancrate has been poor, but again has had very little opportunities.  Best has not done great so far, but also not had enough chances or long enough run at it.  Re-signing Lovenkrands was a good signing.

Overall it looks like 4 decent signings, 1 average and 2 looking like they maybe poor.

Think he's done well really considering how much in fee's and wage's these are probably costing.

:thup:

I've seen Best stick some decent crosses in so far.  Perhaps he should be given a chance on the wing?

Ahead of who?

Should have clarified, as cover I mean.  No more Guthrie on the right for example.

Any further comments Ronaldo sir? do you think him on the right instead of Guthrie would be worth a punt?

What exactly is Best being made a scapegoat for here, other than his own poor form?

What exactly is Best being made a scapegoat for here, other than his own poor form?

I think his point is that even when we are top of the league and playing well, there is always a group of fans getting on at least one players back and at the moment it's Best.  He doesn't deserve praise for his form so far, but perhaps it's a bit too soon to get on his back like.

Ahead of who?

Any further comments Ronaldo sir? do you think him on the right instead of Guthrie would be worth a punt?

Perhaps. But he has the same problems Guthrie has, cannot really beat a man and doesn't appear to be quick either.

We have 2 natural wingers in the entire squad, it most certainly needs to be addressed in the summer.

Ahead of who?

Perhaps. But he has the same problems Guthrie has, cannot really beat a man and doesn't appear to be quick either.

We have 2 natural wingers in the entire squad, it most certainly needs to be addressed in the summer.

Certainly agree it needs to be addressed in the summer.  I can only assume K.Lua Lua is just not going to cut it for us at top level.  I think Brighton want him on loan longer so perhaps he's doing things well in the lower leagues.

To be honest if we are going to stick anyone on the right wing during injuries it would be R.Taylor.  But he also can't beat a man or appear quick.

Best seems to be suffering from exactly the same the same thing Carroll was at the start of the season when paired with Shola, it just doesn't look like a partnership and where Shola was the one getting into the right positions at the start of the season while Carroll was doing pretty much bugger all Carroll is now the one getting into those positions and Best is the one looking poor.

I personally think we needed something completely different so it does look a bit of an odd signing however I won't write the lad off yet as even though he is used to this league some players take a while to adjust to a new side, especially when they aren't being paired with a suitable partner.

It is a shame this seems to be stunting Rangers growth though, especially as if the lad started getting a few goals and building confidence he would be adding to what at times is excellent hold up play and vision so starting to look a real prospect. He is still fairly young though, will hopefully get a few more chances till the end of the season then loaned out for the whole of the next.

Best seems to be suffering from exactly the same the same thing Carroll was at the start of the season when paired with Shola, it just doesn't look like a partnership and where Shola was the one getting into the right positions at the start of the season while Carroll was doing pretty much bugger all Carroll is now the one getting into those positions and Best is the one looking poor.

I personally think we needed something completely different so it does look a bit of an odd signing however I won't write the lad off yet as even though he is used to this league some players take a while to adjust to a new side, especially when they aren't being paired with a suitable partner.

It is a shame this seems to be stunting Rangers growth though, especially as if the lad started getting a few goals and building confidence he would be adding to what at times is excellent hold up play and vision so starting to look a real prospect. He is still fairly young though, will hopefully get a few more chances till the end of the season then loaned out for the whole of the next.

chopra would have been a perfect foil for carroll to get us straight back up

/tinhaton

chopra would have been a perfect foil for carroll to get us straight back up

/tinhaton

He certainly would have been better suited than best anyway.