This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Still early days but the signs aren't good.

I don't understand why anyone is worried about the contract length though, it was always going to be something like that and we can always shift him in the summer. I doubt we would make much if any of a loss either.

It's not early days because he was signed as an impact player for the championship. His being able to score goals from day one was his entire purpose. Unless of course i'm wrong and he's been signed as a premiership centre forward on the basis of 10 championship goals in two seasons.

I think he was signed because at the time Hughton wasn't entirely comfortable with having to rely on Carroll and Ranger as target men, having lost Harewood. This was before Carroll went on his insane goal scoring streak and without hindsight I don't think anyone would have predicted it.

It's not early days because he was signed as an impact player for the championship. His being able to score goals from day one was his entire purpose. Unless of course i'm wrong and he's been signed as a premiership centre forward on the basis of 10 championship goals in two seasons.

I think he was signed because at the time Hughton wasn't entirely comfortable with having to rely on Carroll and Ranger as target men, having lost Harewood. This was before Carroll went on his insane goal scoring streak and without hindsight I don't think anyone would have predicted it.

yip. plus if he fails we'll still be able to get shot for more than we paid for him. also he's hardly had a chance yet to lead the line, instead playing off a front man which isn't his natural game, poor, poor start but far too early to be making out he's as bad as some are.

yip. plus if he fails we'll still be able to get shot for more than we paid for him. also he's hardly had a chance yet to lead the line, instead playing off a front man which isn't his natural game, poor, poor start but far too early to be making out he's as bad as some are.

Especially as we are winning games and he's not even involved much so why he's getting slated for being kept out of the side is beyond me.

The amount of s*** this guy gets is astounding.  He's a player for Newcastle United, get behind him ffs.

Aye, Carroll's a Newcastle player too isn't he?...

The sooner we get this chump away from our club the better.

To my knowledge, Best has never glassed anyone in a bar.

And what has that got to do with footballing ability?

is that all that matters ? doesn't matter how much of a t*** someone is providing they play well...think the sameof john terry ?

No, but we weren't talking about attitude, we were talking about people criticising Best for lack of ability.

Guest JamesyJazz

How were the ten goals he scored for Cov taken?Were they maizey runs beating defenders?Were they mainly headed or simple tap ins,free kicks,poached on the rebound?

The guy must have a certain something,though I truelly admit I have still to work out what it is but I reckon he's picking up on the negative comments/attitude radiating from the crowd every time he gets the ball and its distracting him from his game.Getting behind him for a bit might help.

Look at how much Colo has improved and looked  impressive this season after gaining some confidence with the crowd getting behind him instead of booing his every touch and challenge.

Guest malandro

Nowt to do with Colocinni playing against teams that struggle to stretch our defence, and forwards who lack pace and skill. I’m not knocking the lad he‘s had good season, but he still has to prove he can cut it in the PL.

Best hasn’t got off to good start and might settle down if he gets a goal. That said, if the first half yard is in the head Best could do with swapping his copy of Call Of Duty for Dr Kawashima's Brain Training .

How were the ten goals he scored for Cov taken?Were they maizey runs beating defenders?Were they mainly headed or simple tap ins,free kicks,poached on the rebound?

The guy must have a certain something,though I truelly admit I have still to work out what it is but I reckon he's picking up on the negative comments/attitude radiating from the crowd every time he gets the ball and its distracting him from his game.Getting behind him for a bit might help.

Look at how much Colo has improved and looked  impressive this season after gaining some confidence with the crowd getting behind him instead of booing his every touch and challenge.

Scored a cracker against Pompey in the cup, poachers against Boro (h) i think in t' league

Guest JamesyJazz

Nowt to do with Colocinni playing against teams that struggle to stretch our defence, and forwards who lack pace and skill. I’m not knocking the lad he‘s had good season, but he still has to prove he can cut it in the PL.

Best hasn’t got off to good start and might settle down if he gets a goal. That said, if the first half yard is in the head Best could do with swapping his copy of Call Of Duty for Dr Kawashima's Brain Training .

I seem to remember Colo having a decent start when he first came here,then the midfield capitulated and basicaly gave up and the defence was left open.Scapegoats were saught out and Colo took the brunt of the abuse.

Guest malandro

JAB had a good start.

FC was a liability last season. Weak in the air, weak in the challenge, easily turned, slow across the ground, frequently out of position. I’m being harsh but if anything he escaped criticism for a long time because he was an Argentinean international who cost £10m.

Sideshow says he beefed up a bit and it could be it’s taken him year to adjust, it’s not like last season was an ideal environment for settling in. Or it could be that dropping down a division is all that’s changed. The truth is probably somewhere between the two and we won’t find out if he’s ‘class act’ until next season, assuming he’s still here.

Guest firetotheworks

He's hard to dislike because unlike Harewood, he puts the effort in, and unlike Butt he doesnt massively drop us in it. So I don't really get massively agitated with him because we're still winning. That set of circumstances might give him the chance to keep playing and possibly come good, but from what I've seen the signs are very bad.

He doesn't seem to possess anything that Ranger doesn't, and although Harewood was often lazy, he still found the net from time to time. I'm still baffled by the signing unless it's to make more money by selling him through the length of his contract with us.

To those still giving him the benefit of the doubt, can we start criticising this useless twat yet?

Yes.  Yes we can.

Well, I don't know.  It's either confidence, nerves or a lack of ability.

Now, he's scored lots of goals this season before he signed for us, so I'll have to assume it's one of the other.

I'd try really hard to get behind him and give him a boost.

Looks terribly short on confidence. And ability.

This, basically. Hasn't scored for ages and looks it.

He's got an FM disease.

How many hours has it been?  Usually get one around 10 hours without a goal...

He's still settling at the club.

You can see the quality the lad has, once he's comfortable in the team he'll score 10+ in the league next year in the Premiership.

Can i have a pint of what this guy is drinking 10+ in the prem maybe in 10 years he might reach that tally

Apart from his lack of confidence when he was through early on I am obviously in the minority that doesn't think he has been that bad.

I have held my hands up about my early criticism of jonas but if he chucks himself to the floor or tries another ball in with the outside of his foot I might have to find a Dr octopus costume and hide out in his house!