This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Best won't be good enough for the Prem, piss poor signing.

Gonna need 2 decent striker signings in the summer to give us a chance of survival, but with Carroll the main man, Best recently signed, Shola being shite, i can't see us selling any of those 3.

The Best deal is a good example of why it is sometimes a good idea to give one of our own youngsters an early chance rather than spend good money on players of questionable pedigree. Carroll and Ranger can both claim to have made far bigger impact in the games they've played, and I am pretty sure that Kadar is another one who will prove better quality than any lo0w cost central defender with more experience.

Joe Hart was loaned out to Birmingham and he's been a massive success, at City he wouldn't have got a look in a year ago, now there are pundits questioning whether he should be challenging Given for the no 1 jersey next season ( :iamatwat:

Best has not scored in 13 appearances since signing from Coventry in January. His form has not been good enough to persuade anyone he is capable of making the step up to the Premier League.

The Republic of Ireland international cost £1.5m at the start of the year, but Newcastle will accept less than that if a Championship club is willing to take the striker off their hands before the start of next season.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/05/05/pancrate-and-hall-face-the-magpies-exit-door-61634-26378258/

The Best deal is a good example of why it is sometimes a good idea to give one of our own youngsters an early chance rather than spend good money on players of questionable pedigree. Carroll and Ranger can both claim to have made far bigger impact in the games they've played, and I am pretty sure that Kadar is another one who will prove better quality than any lo0w cost central defender with more experience.

Joe Hart was loaned out to Birmingham and he's been a massive success, at City he wouldn't have got a look in a year ago, now there are pundits questioning whether he should be challenging Given for the no 1 jersey next season ( :iamatwat:

to be fair watching ranger this season and best at coventry i'd take best for the price we paid.

(i'll nail my colours to the mast now...i don't think ranger has got what it takes to make it beyond championship level)

edit...is that the "wouldn't have been given a chance " joe hart who played nearly 50 times for man city till they signed given ?

Bit of a shame for Hall but in fairness he's in no way, shape or form a top level defender. That said, he's looked as good as Williamson when on the pitch imo. I'd imagine Carroll, Shola and Lovenkrands have probably shown him up in training though.

If Given doesn't recover for the start of the new season and Hart stays there and starts as first choice, poor little Shay will be drafting another open letter via his solicitor about not getting back into the team once fit.

Anyway, back on topic, Best is fucking shite.

• 2 months later...

Just seen it on SSN now and he did, aye. At the time though, lots of people around me said "did he shite touch it" and it certainly looked that way. It was a glancing header.

Maybe we could give him a chance to see what he can do now he has had a chance to settle and getting a pre-season with us?

Let's face it, he has already exceeded the massively low expectations anyone had of him for the pre-season.