EC 2012 Qualifying

Village Idiot

Portugal

Denmark

Norway

Cyprus

Iceland

I'm pleased with that, we'll finish second rather easily with Drillo at the helm. [/cocky] Danes will give us a tough match though, and Iceland showed in the WC qualifiers they're not the joke they used to be. Still optimistic though, could've been a lot lot worse.

What are Bulgaria like nowadays? And i don't suppose Montenegro have played much competetively, have they?

That'll do nicely, tbh. Should be a piece of piss.

bulgaria were fairly crap in wc qualifying and no montenegro aint played much hence their low seeding but they're not a bad side, better than wales imo (then again i rate my local u11 as better than wales)

Slovakia and Slovenia confuse me, they are basically the same country

Tell them that - they fucking love getting confused with each other.  Austria separates these two countries BTW so they're aren't really neighbours.  Watched the last Euro Championship final in Slovenia.  All of the riverside pubs had opened up the pub-front and had a large screen TV showing the match on the banks of the Ljubljanica.  An excellent atmosphere of thousands getting pissed on Union beer and collective delight in the downfall of the hated Hun.

And the qualifiers will be...

Castrol reveals favourite nations for UEFA EURO 2012™ qualification battle.

The 16 countries most likely to qualify from their groups for the final stages of the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament have been revealed today by UEFA EURO 2012™ sponsor Castrol.

Castrol’s analysis shows Netherlands, Germany, England and Spain at the top of the list of 51* competing nations as the most likely to make it past the qualification stage, with Russia, Italy and France just outside the favourites, and with work to do to qualify for UEFA EURO 2012™.

Castrol has applied the same expertise they apply to the development of their oils to create the qualification chances, using objective analysis and highly advanced technology to offer fans a unique insight into what it will take for their team to be successful and reach UEFA EURO 2012™.

Castrol’s team of Performance Analysts who also developed the Castrol Rankings and Castrol Index, have measured past team and player performance to work out the attack and defence ratings of each nation. Then, by simulating the qualifying tournament more than 50,000 times and taking into account the draw groupings, Castrol has calculated each team’s chances of progression through the UEFA EURO 2012™ qualifiers to show which countries are most likely to secure a place at the all important Final stages alongside hosts, Poland and Ukraine.

Castrol Ambassador and Spanish football legend Emilio Butragueño says: “I always look forward to the draw for the UEFA EURO 2012™ tournament to see which old rivalries it may throw up. This year, thanks to Castrol, fans can get a more accurate forecast of how the competition will pan out and how their home country will get on. I’m personally very pleased to see that Castrol expect Spain to make the Final stages again. I look forward to watching this happen!”

* Excluding Poland and Ukraine who automatically qualify as hosts

http://www.castrolfootball.com/uploads/2010/02/07/or_or_euro_2012_castrol_table_566.jpg

• 1 year later...

I applied for 2x tickets for Poland´s group matches. Not that hopeful of getting tickets, a nation of 40 million hosting their first big football tournament and all. I'll find out when the lottery is held at the end of April, will be gutted if I don´t get tickets :(

Massive demand for UEFA EURO 2012 tickets

Published: Friday 1 April 2011, 14.00CET

More than 12 million requests have been made for UEFA EURO 2012 finals tickets between the window for applications opening on 1 March and closing yesterday, 31 March.

Published: Friday 1 April 2011, 14.00CET

Massive demand for UEFA EURO 2012 tickets

More than 12 million requests have been made for UEFA EURO 2012 finals tickets between the window for applications opening on 1 March and closing yesterday, 31 March.

The sale of tickets for the UEFA European Football Championship taking place in Poland and Ukraine between 8 June and 1 July 2012 closed on Thursday 31 March with an impressive total of 12,149,425 ticket requests made by fans worldwide. This is an all-time record for the UEFA European Football Championship and represents an increase of more than 17% from UEFA EURO 2008.

With applications from no fewer than 206 countries worldwide, the demand for the various types of ticket available for UEFA EURO 2012 has exceeded supply for all matches of the final tournament. This means that lotteries will be carried out in order to allocate tickets. The lotteries will be made by UEFA under notary supervision between 19 and 22 April, and successful applicants will be informed via email before the end of April.

Polish and Ukrainian citizens have shown huge interest in purchasing tickets, to such an extent that nearly 88% of the overall requests have originated from the co-host nations. Among other countries with high application numbers, Germany with 2.82%, Russia with 1.16% and Switzerland with 1.00%, reflect the strong desire of their fans to attend UEFA EURO 2012.

The tremendous success of the ticket sales underlines the huge interest among football supporters in the finals in Poland and Ukraine, and proves that the event is eagerly awaited not only in the two host nations but also around the globe. Millions of fans are looking forward to a three-week celebration of the best that European national-team football has to offer in the summer of 2012.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Football Supporter,

Customer reference number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

We are delighted to inform you that your ticket application for UEFA EURO 2012™ has been successful.

You have been allocated Follow My Team tickets. For detailed information about the tickets you have been allocated, please log into the ticket portal at www.UEFA.com.

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.vefritid.is/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/champagne-4.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CsDPIVIWcF8/S8MHGpZ-ZnI/AAAAAAAABwc/_Ne2yNsCiYc/s1600/Celebrate.jpg

http://media.nowpublic.net/images/65/3/653a3752239d394e6859cc3e6f174c8a.jpg

12.1m ticket requests and I was lucky enough to get 2 tickets for all of the home team games played in the capital inside a 50k stadium.

Can´t believe my luck really. Out of those 12.1m ticket application minimum must be 4-5m  coming from Poland, so 4-5m applications for matches held in a stadium holding 50k and I manage to get two tickets for all of the group stage games (including the opening match itself). Really hope we get drawn against Germany, the atmosphere would be electric/murderous.