EC 2012 Qualifying

Village Idiot

Nice draw. Don't think we've played any of them in qualifying for a while.

We played Wales in qulifying for the World Cup in 2006 I think. Pretty sure N. Ireland were in that group too (and beat us).

Guest MrSundlofer

For once we got some luck in the draw! Unfortunately Netherlands won't drop points but Sweden aren't what they used to be! Great games coming-up against our biggest rival Sweden!!!! O0 O0 O0

Finland will have no chance.

Nice draw. Don't think we've played any of them in qualifying for a while.

We played Wales in qulifying for the World Cup in 2006 I think. Pretty sure N. Ireland were in that group too (and beat us).

Aye I remember the Northern Ireland defeat - just can't for the life of me even remember playing Wales.

Couldn't have asked for a much nicer group, think we'll go close. :)

Think we're good enough to get to the play offs at least.

Aye, Russia would have been pretty high on my list of teams I'd have wanted from Pot 1, and Slovakia isn't a bad result from Pot 2 either.

Now, we just need a competent central midfielder of some sort to emerge from the country.

Or another one, that isn't a complete gobshite this time, at least.

Couldn't have asked for a much nicer group, think we'll go close. :)

Think we're good enough to get to the play offs at least.

Aye, Russia would have been pretty high on my list of teams I'd have wanted from Pot 1, and Slovakia isn't a bad result from Pot 2 either.

Now, we just need a competent central midfielder of some sort to emerge from the country.

Or another one, that isn't a complete gobshite this time, at least.

and Paul McShane to be told to fuck off and never wear anything resembling an Ireland jersey again :angry:

I think your draw is very good, Switzerland aren't very good and Buglaria rely on the Petrovs and Berbatov, but it is never going to be enough.

Great draw for Sweden. Netherlands will walk the group but we'll definately edge out Finland and Hungary for 2nd. We ALWAYS draw Hungary and France/Romania seem to have the same tendency.

Germany-Turkey should be good games, as will Denmark-Norway and our games vs Finland.