Newcastle United 5 - 1 Cardiff City - 05/02/10 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We really really don't need a defensive midfielder in this league, it showed last night, but unfortunately when Smith and Butt are back one of them will be back in the middle next to Nolan, sad because these are the kind of performances we could put in if we just set out our stall to attack.

I still don't think Nolan did much last night.

He was still poor, but 100% improvement on Leicester. He also managed to keep running throughout, and was driving forwards more after Lovenkrands came on.

I didn't think Nolan did much either, like I said somewhere else we can live with 1 passenger.  Barton could make a massive difference to us if he comes back fit and focused on becoming a footballer once again.

Guest Heneage

He was still poor, but 100% improvement on Leicester. He also managed to keep running throughout, and was driving forwards more after Lovenkrands came on.

I still harbour thoughts of would Smith be better, or Barton.

The CCFC centre midfield was the rather naff and unfit looking Darcy Blake, and Stephen McPhail, who was playing his first game since having about 3 months of cancer treatment.

Their poor fitness levels made Nolan and Guthrie appear to have class engines.

Guest Heneage

Pilko, man, f*** off. We were lush.

:lol:

I feel like Moncur on the radio here. Good performance, emphatic win, and yet picking holes in it.

My Brother text me at 3-0 saying "We'll be shite against Derby so it doesn't matter." :lol:

Our bench yesterday:

Krul (£1.5m?)

Pancrate (free)

Lovenkrands (free)

Ameobi (free)

Ranger (free)

Kadar (£900,000)

R.Taylor (transfer deal makeweight; effectively free)

Think Krul was only about £250,000.

Even better, dunno where I plucked £1.5m from.

I might be wrong but for some reason I always seem to remember transfer fees. I won't remember who scored 2 games ago but can tell you how much Diego Gavilan cost us in 2000 :lol:

I didn't think Nolan did much either, like I said somewhere else we can live with 1 passenger.  Barton could make a massive difference to us if he comes back fit and focused on becoming a footballer once again.

The thought of a Guthrie, Barton, Routledge and Jonas midfield is almost too lush to dare contemplate. It might not work in every game but I bet we'd win a lot more than we lost.