When Will Face-Hugger (Steve Bruce) Be Sacked Sweepstake!

NG32

does anyone know what bruces last 38 games- points total is?

more than i thought tbh. that is gonna be tight like.

Yeah, i think they may just scrape it  but t does mean that they haven't progressed whch means they wll be beatable next year.

when jones and bent jump ship, they will be in worse shit than us next year.

They'll probably have to flog a few others like Malbranque n all, wages and all that.

Spoke to my brother-in-law who was at the game today and they're falling into the same trap as we did last year with Kinnear. Content to not get beaten but don't like winning. Left Bent and Jones (who looked like he didn't want to know) isolated; playing 30 yards in front of their midfield with no support or service. No confidence, no discernible tactics, can't keep/use the ball, crowd get twitchy as fuck after 15 minutes, playing players out of position (Campbell on the wing), picking up suspensions etc.

They got booed off and have only won once in 17 games. They're in a major, major rut.

Get in.

If they look likely to drop I might even dirty my feet to see the big moment they perish. I was at the Gillingham game many moons ago and a 2010 version would be ideal.

Which end were you in against Gillingham?  I was in the paddock.

If they look likely to drop I might even dirty my feet to see the big moment they perish. I was at the Gillingham game many moons ago and a 2010 version would be ideal.

So long as it's not on a day we can go up then I might join you, unless it's a situation where if they don't get relegated then they will be safe.

Only jokeing, I won't go at all, more interested in us.

Wasn't that win against Barrow? :lol:

I was talking League games. They've won once in the league since the beach ball in October. :bluf:

karmas a bitch eh

Not much to do with luck - they've been shite.

Just had a look at their fixtures, trust them to have a decent amount of games to take points from.

Because they've taken plenty of points against Stoke, Portsmouth, Fulham etc at home..

They have 3 crunch away fixtures as well I believe. Can't see them winning any of them atm.

Which end were you in against Gillingham?  I was in the paddock.

I went in the Roker End. Tried the clock stand but the turnstiles had been shut. Funnily, as I went in my mate behind me got stopped off a copper and refused entry - the same copper had reconised him from SJP as he';D chucked him out a week or two before.

Just had a look at their fixtures, trust them to have a decent amount of games to take points from.

Because they've taken plenty of points against Stoke, Portsmouth, Fulham etc at home..

They have 3 crunch away fixtures as well I believe. Can't see them winning any of them atm.

Bolton on Tuesday will be a massive game for them. They have Birmingham and Man City up after I think. They've won once away all season so the away form looks right.

Bolton on Tuesday will be a massive game for them. They have Birmingham and Man City up after I think. They've won once away all season so the away form looks right.

a week on tuesday i think.

had a look at the others down there, all have similar run ins.

Bolton's looks canny for them, but Wigan's and Wolve's are worrying, I wouldn't be all that confident about Wigan either, and Burnley are as good as down aswell. Lets hope though, if they lose every single game the they will go down.

To be honest though, I can see 33 points being enough to stay up, and thats just two wins for Sunderland.

If we had of stayed up, we would of pissed all over these guys.

ultimately sunderland will win a couple and stay up, but its going to be closer than it should ever have been. staying up isnt exactly a victory for them! i think they'll look back at this season with embarassment and so they should.

ultimately sunderland will win a couple and stay up, but its going to be closer than it should ever have been. staying up isnt exactly a victory for them! i think they'll look back at this season with embarassment and so they should.

they remind me very much of us this time last season.

I went in the Roker End. Tried the clock stand but the turnstiles had been shut. Funnily, as I went in my mate behind me got stopped off a copper and refused entry - the same copper had reconised him from SJP as he';D chucked him out a week or two before.

We could hardly move where I was and it was as weird as hell having 3 sets of fans in the same ground when only two teams were playing.  I could see a big black & white union jack in the Roker to the right of centre.  I would guess a few hundred of ours were in that end as they were singing Newcastle songs quite a bit.  :lol:

We could hardly move where I was and it was as weird as hell having 3 sets of fans in the same ground when only two teams were playing.  I could see a big black & white union jack in the Roker to the right of centre.  I would guess a few hundred of ours were in that end as they were singing Newcastle songs quite a bit.  :lol:

Gillingham had a sitting section in the clock stand which the Newcastle supporters had congregated beneath. They also had the 'corner' section of standing in the Roker and i'm certain that's where the flag was because I remember seeing it myself.

And yes, it was a surreal atmosphere which because of my location i couldn't enjoy. Much!

they remind me very much of us this time last season.

Yep. The fact there was a little gap, the "worse teams than us around the bottom" thing, "easy" home games that suddenly look tough and turn into draws or defeats...if they don't beat Bolton they'll be bottom 3 by Easter I reckon.

Guest johnson293

If it is true that Ellis Short is unhappy with Bruce, and the way the team are playing, then he wont be too happy with this...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/741041/BRUCE-BUILD-OR-BUST-FOR-SUNDERLAND.html

From the NOTW, but allegedly Bruces rebuilding plans for next season will need more investment, and the breaking their wage structure.

He spent £30m in the summer, and Bent is allegedly on £60k/week anyway.

Good Luck with that one Steve!!!