Holy crap I'm gonna visit Newcastle for the first time!

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

So I booked my plane ticket today.  Crossing the sea on KLM and coming to see the game against Sheffield United on April 5.  :cheesy:

Coming with a group of my amigos from Baltimore who are Arsenal supporters, but they are cool dudes who will definitely cheer for the Toon when we go.  Need advice about a couple things, including a good spot in SJP for the four of us to sit, and some information about getting to and from the train station and SJP, and of course good pre- and post- match pubs.

Anybody want to dispense some wisdom?

Guest toonlass

So I booked my plane ticket today.  Crossing the sea on KLM and coming to see the game against Sheffield United on April 5.  :cheesy:

Coming with a group of my amigos from Baltimore who are Arsenal supporters, but they are cool dudes who will definitely cheer for the Toon when we go.  Need advice about a couple things, including a good spot in SJP for the four of us to sit, and some information about getting to and from the train station and SJP, and of course good pre- and post- match pubs.

Anybody want to dispense some wisdom?

You want to be with the people who sing and chant then get into the Leazes corner, block D preferably. You will be able to see the ground from the train station. If in doubt follow the people in black and white. Pre-post match pubs, basically any in Newcastle to be honest. The Strawberry and Shearers are experiences for tourists and can be pretty crowded, and the lads should be able to tell you more about where is best.

Avoid Fenham. There are no pubs.

The Fox and Hounds is a pub in Fenham.

Yeah but it's in Fenham, wo want him to come back, not go back in pieces sent in packages.

Stay away from the west end of the city, and pretty much any pub in the city centre is decent on a matchday. If yours staying for a little while then hit the clubs in Newcastle, it's the party capital of the UK, 2nd to Amsterdam in Europe (beaten by weed and hookers) and 8th in the world,and then you can go to Whitley Bay which is a party town just outside of Newcastle, it's of a lower class then Newcastle but still highly regarded throughout the UK.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Thanks man this is all great.  Is it pretty easy to get seats in Leazes corner or should I book as soon as possible?  Also, are Strawberry's and Shearer's worth it?  I sort of have mixed feelings about tourist bars.  Overpriced and usually all the ambience is in all the crap on the walls, not so much the people there...

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Awesome, thanks WBCP.  Those places easy enough to find?

The more I'm looking at Leazes Corner, the better it looks, tbh.  Is the East stand worth looking at?

is whitley bay any good on matchday or do i want to be as close to SJP as possible?

Read everyone's advice, take it all in, google it. THEN drop me a PM let me know: How long your in Newcastle, what you want out of a trip to Newcastle & I will let you know where & what you should do.  

is whitley bay any good on matchday or do i want to be as close to SJP as possible?

It's about 6 miles away atleast, and about half an hour away on a normal day, it can take upto about an hour and a half on a match day if the traffic is bad, not bother after the match though.

Read everyone's advice, take it all in, google it. THEN drop me a PM let me know: How long your in Newcastle, what you want out of a trip to Newcastle & I will let you know where & what you should do.  

:facepalm:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Thanks Thespence, definitely take you up on it.

lol madras, that's all I need to hear.

Anybody know where colo gets his hair cut?  I'll probably need a trim around then anyway...

:thup: :thup: :thup: everybody thanks for the advice!

I'd rather go to Whitley Bay then Fenham, I must admit myself I'm not a Whitley person but if you want a bit of a cheap night out in the clubs etc then theirs not much better.

or stop in the city centre as its cheap enough and walking distance to everywhere...jeez man he's after advice and you're arguing about shitty suburbs.

YBG........when do you get here ? friday night is good, pre match will get the buzz, saturday post match you'll enjoy, sunday afternoon after the night before is always good. enjoy! it's a very compact city centre so its all quite close.

Awesome, thanks WBCP.  Those places easy enough to find?

The more I'm looking at Leazes Corner, the better it looks, tbh.  Is the East stand worth looking at?

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/245/81095796.png

They're all on the same road, literally a few doors apart each.

I know some on here opt for the Trent House, which you'll see just to the left of the Traffic box.