Wolves handed suspended £25000 fine...

Fatwax

It was a masterstroke from McCarthy and if we do similar next season and stay up as a result, I'll be bowing at Hughton's feet.

At the end of the day, if Ferguson had done it before an important Champions League game (which he has in the past) and won the game, people would be bumming him like mad.

Guest Brummiemag

It was a masterstroke from McCarthy and if we do similar next season and stay up as a result, I'll be bowing at Hughton's feet.

At the end of the day, if Ferguson had done it before an important Champions League game (which he has in the past) and won the game, people would be bumming him like mad.

If we did the same next season I would be angry and ashamed - no point in getting promoted if thats the attitude, may as well stay in the Championship because we can play teams like Wigan and Stoke every week there.

As I said in an earlier post Wolves as a club lost a lot of pride and dignity that evening and most of the Wolves fans I know who actually go the games were really angry about it. Some things in football and some things about supporting a team are far more important than just the result, pride is one of them and Wolves lost theirs that evening 

If we did the same next season I would be angry and ashamed - no point in getting promoted if thats the attitude, may as well stay in the Championship because we can play teams like Wigan and Stoke every week there.

As I said in an earlier post Wolves as a club lost a lot of pride and dignity that evening and most of the Wolves fans I know who actually go the games were really angry about it. Some things in football and some things about supporting a team are far more important than just the result, pride is one of them and Wolves lost theirs that evening

Premiership > Championship.

That's what it's all about. We have to stay up no matter what. Whether that's playing a weakened team at Old Trafford, or getting Carroll to nut the Everyon goalkeeper into the net on the last day, we have to finish 17th.

Dignity, attitude and pride don't pay the bills and keep us in the Premier League.

Guest optimistic nit

His common sense made him choose an option which devalues the entire point of the league his team is competing in. The league itself comes before a manager winning games in that league. Every manager can play who he wants to an extent, its fairly obvious when a side is throwing a match like wolves did.

I see no reason to make every single team in the league play their best side, whats happening now is fine. The rubbish teams that cannot rest their entire sides without creating crap non competetive games should be punished for doing so & the teams who can rest more players and still compete for points should be allowed to do so aslong as they do compete. Whether that fits to exactly the way some crap generalized rule is written out doesnt matter much. Aslong as the reason the rule was put in place is stuck to, they can carry on.

what about teams like sunderland a few years back or derby a couple of seasons ago that cant compete even if they play their strongest XI? should we just disqualify these teams all together?

resting the entire XI did make a mockery of that game somewhat, and it was not very respectful to the fans who came to watch but in terms of its long term reprecussions for the league it does not come close to discipling a team purely based on the managers team selection. surely you can see that sets a very dangerous preciedent. additionally the argument that big teams are aloud to rest players because they can still win games if they do is complete rubbish.

Does this mean when Arsene Wenger inevitably plays a much weakened side against Wolves at the weekend we get a fine?

unless your liverpool or man u yes it does and a tut tut from the premier league for not treating their "best league in the world" as your top priority

Guest Stephen927

West Ham only have themselves to blame, you simply have to take care of your own results. Hull beating a weak Fulham team shouldn't hide the fact that the West Ham players simply are not upto the fight, they don't look arsed at all about fighting for Zola or the club. They know he'll be replaced in the summer whether they stay up or not, if the're going to act, Gold and Sullivan need to act now.

Does this mean when Arsene Wenger inevitably plays a much weakened side against Wolves at the weekend we get a fine?

unless your liverpool or man u yes it does and a tut tut from the premier league for not treating their "best league in the world" as your top priority

Resting players for Champions League is fine because the Premier League wants English teams to win it.  Resting players against one of the big four is not fine, because it upsets the rest of the big four.

No, because Arsenal with just ressies would kill Wolves. They're not weakened cause they won't go to the match with the "We're not gonna win this anyways, so let's just throw the match." attitude.

Bit rich of West Ham to start complaining about rules and regulations being broken when they only stayed in the PL because an ineligible player kept them up a few years back. And they fucking got away with it. Pricks.

Guest Stephen927

Bit rich of West Ham to start complaining about rules and regulations being broken when they only stayed in the PL because an ineligible player kept them up a few years back. And they f***ing got away with it. Pricks.

Don't they have to pay Sheffield United £30m?