Wolves handed suspended £25000 fine...

Fatwax

Guest Stephen927

So they've been handed a fine but they don't have to pay the fine?

How exactly does that work? My parking fines definitely aren't the same.

Depends who gave you the parking fine. ;)

It's suspended so if they do it again, it'll cost them.

It's stupid really. What about all those close season games when the title

has been wrapped up and the likes Man U don't field their strongest side?

Pathetic ruling.

Michael Owen wouldn't even bother bending over to pick that up.  Whats the point in fining teams tiny amounts???

Personally i dont think Mick done anything wrong but if you are going to fine a team then send out a message.

What a load of shit.

Yeah but aren't teams also meant to field the strongest possible team in the cups aswell? We all know Arsenals policy when it comes to things like the league cup... the fine stinks of trying to look like the governing body actually has some power so poke the little teams whilst they coil out a terror turd over the billy big bollocks of the leagues.

Too small a punishment. Way too small.

Difference between the top teams and the likes of Wolves is that Man Utd and Rsenal's reserves can beat most PL teams, Wolves' reserves cannot. They blatantly threw the game, weakened top "four" teams still expect to win, and do just that.

Difference between the top teams and the likes of Wolves is that Man Utd and Rsenal's reserves can beat most PL teams, Wolves' reserves cannot. They blatantly threw the game, weakened top "four" teams still expect to win, and do just that.

exactly.

Guest Stephen927

McCarthy might be able to get away with it by saying who can judge what is considered a weakened team. But I'm sure at the time he explained what he was doing.. I can't remember.

McCarthy is a cunt.

Guest Roger Kint

exactly.

Just like when Man Utd got beat off West Ham saving them and Liverpool got beat off Fulham effectively saving them? Am sure you will just shrug such team selections off with ease if it ever hampers us ;D

Not sure what I think of this, but put down my initial thoughts.

In my opinion, if the club want to field a weakened side for a strategic reason then they should come clean about it before the game and also pay the money back to the Wolves fans who went to the game.  Nobody should be conned in to paying money to supporting a team that is purposely undermining itself.

It is a bit gay to throw in the towel before even trying, but on the other side of this I can understand that it's almost a certainty in probability terms that they would have been beaten no matter what side they put out.  Of course there is always a chance they could have nicked a draw or even a cheeky 0 - 1, but it's more likely they would have lost.

Hmm, strange that. I don't remember Man Ure getting a fine for doing similar against Hull on the last day of last season, or any other time a top 4 club does it, or even something similar in the League Cup. One rule one............and all that.

Pathetic.

Should have been a much more severe punishment. I'd fucking love it if they go down by one point now, wonder how McCarthy will justify not trying against a team that got beaten at home by Leeds then. Would serve the wonky nosed cunt right.