Football podcasts

Gash

15 hours ago, r0cafella said:

The athletic podcast was also about our achievement as well for anyone interested. 

Caulkin's much better when he takes a serious approach to things like he does here, as opposed to the ‘bantz’ approach of PotT.

4 hours ago, SteV said:

Caulkin's much better when he takes a serious approach to things like he does here, as opposed to the ‘bantz’ approach of PotT.

POD on the tyne is so bad, so little actual insight or relevant discussion. 

Having a writer who abhors tactics is quite alarming tbh. 

On 23/05/2023 at 06:22, Disco said:

Guardian Football Weekly later is going to be an absolute master class in salt and frankly it’ll be absolutely delicious.

That pod is the definition of an echo chamber. 

22 hours ago, r0cafella said:

The athletic podcast was also about our achievement as well for anyone interested. 

This one was really nice because they actually talked any what's going on with the club and the football. The guardian one is unlistenable man, they just ramble a little bit and how Joelinton is good now and then talk about whether they should talk about Saudi Arabia and that's it. 

2 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

This one was really nice because they actually talked any what's going on with the club and the football. The guardian one is unlistenable man, they just ramble a little bit and how Joelinton is good now and then talk about whether they should talk about Saudi Arabia and that's it. 

The athletic football podcast is generally worth a listen imo. 

5 hours ago, Viana said:

That pod is the definition of an echo chamber. 

Aye, I stopped listening for a while but gradually started again for reasons I’m not quite sure of. Their specials on gambling, women going to football etc are decent though. 

I don't mind Football weekly tbh. Know I'm alone on that, and I know they bring up our ownership a lot in a negative way but personally I do understand where they're coming from. Rushden can be annoying in some ways, Glendenning can be an absolute tool, but on the show tbh he's not that bad. Auclair is the one that really winds me up, I get his righteous fury, I do, god knows if Saudi Arabia had bought Man U I would be furious too, but he really does seem to think we are all evil and every player is evil and we have defiled a moral sport otherwise full of lovely dudes... I dunno, I don't want to hear podcasts that do nothing but blow smoke up our collective arses, why I can't stand POTT tbh it's like listening to people wank off. I want something to listen to that goes through talking points I hadn't thought about etc etc, it's alright to listen to on drive into work. There was a twat on football weekly mind this week who still cannot avoid making jibes about us time wasting...

Totally is better in some ways but Richardson seems to have got so low energy at times risks putting me to sleep...

Edited by Tiresias

6 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I don't mind Football weekly tbh. Know I'm alone on that, and I know they bring up our ownership a lot in a negative way but personally I do understand where they're coming from. Rushden can be annoying in some ways, Glendenning can be an absolute tool, but on the show tbh he's not that bad. Auclair is the one that really winds me up, I get his righteous fury, I do, god knows if Saudi Arabia had bought Man U I would be furious too, but he really does seem to think we are all evil and every player is evil and we have defiled a moral sport otherwise full of lovely dudes... I dunno, I don't want to hear podcasts that do nothing but blow smoke up our collective arses, why I can't stand POTT tbh it's like listening to people wank off. I want something to listen to that goes through talking points I hadn't thought about etc etc, it's alright to listen to on drive into work. There was a twat on football weekly mind this week who still cannot avoid making jibes about us time wasting...

Totally is better in some ways but Richardson seems to have got so low energy at times risks putting me to sleep...

I’ve ditched both. 

The Guardian has the occasional decent episode on a specific topic, but week to week it offers very little insight I can’t gleam elsewhere and with more depth. Totally Football is better in terms of insight, but it’s littered with in jokes. 

I find both are guilty of the pundits thinking they’re the star and trying too hard to be funny. I could tolerate that if I felt I was learning, but more often than not you can smell James Richardson’s apathy and Glendennig’s lack of preparation unless the game was shown in the pub.

6 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Auclair is the one that really winds me up

There was a fabulous take down of him during Lockdown by the old Alan Davies Arsenal podcast ‘reviewing’ his Henry book to bits.

He’s a weird cunt like, comes across as the classic I’m too important and intellectual for this peasants game but I have to make my living from it so I’ll stoop to your level you utter degenerate.

20 minutes ago, Disco said:

There was a fabulous take down of him during Lockdown by the old Alan Davies Arsenal podcast ‘reviewing’ his Henry book to bits.

He’s a weird cunt like, comes across as the classic I’m too important and intellectual for this peasants game but I have to make my living from it so I’ll stoop to your level you utter degenerate.

Do you have a link to that episode?

19 hours ago, SteV said:

When they go into proper football analysis it’s really good imo. The forced banter is absolutely woeful though ?

33 minutes ago, Disco said:

Hasn’t he erupted a few times over us recently? Proper wanker whose got his nickers in twist over Howe if I’m not mistaken 

Does anyone find it weird listening to certian podcasters after realising what they look like after building an image of what you thought they would before hand? 

Finding out David Cartilage (Spanish football journalist who appears on the ramble and a couple others) looks like a Justin Bieber wannabe has totally thrown me off. 

media-30665.jpg.1e5edae4860e6d940631173cb0662b42.jpg

32 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Hasn’t he erupted a few times over us recently? Proper wanker whose got his nickers in twist over Howe if I’m not mistaken 

Aye, he was pulling his pudding when Liverpool did us at Anfield and he’s fair about not being a fan of state ownership which is fair enough but he clearly enjoys the smell of his own farts.

50 minutes ago, Viana said:

Do you have a link to that episode?

https://www.globalplayer.com/podcasts/episodes/7DrbSGC/

Not sure on what time. :thup:

12 hours ago, r0cafella said:

The athletic football podcast is generally worth a listen imo. 

Probably my favourite of the mainstream ones as it’s single focussed and usually pretty balanced regardless of the subject. That finance fella Matt is decent. 

20 minutes ago, Disco said:

Probably my favourite of the mainstream ones as it’s single focussed and usually pretty balanced regardless of the subject. That finance fella Matt is decent. 

Chapman is a good host. Dan Bardell annoys me for probably no reason than being Brummie.

6 minutes ago, TRC said:

Chapman is a good host. Dan Bardell annoys me for probably no reason than being Brummie.

Aye, I actually think Bardell is decent as he’s bloke down the pub but aye, he didn’t get dealt a good hand in the accent game.

Whilst their preview show is probably the weakest the camaraderie between them, as they’re all Midlanders, is really good and they seem to know their stuff to a decent broad level and don’t deal in stereotypes.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye, I actually think Bardell is decent as he’s bloke down the pub but aye, he didn’t get dealt a good hand in the accent game.

Whilst their preview show is probably the weakest the camaraderie between them, as they’re all Midlanders, is really good and they seem to know their stuff to a decent broad level and don’t deal in stereotypes.

Thats fair, we need more Geordies/Newcastle Fans on the mainstream pods. Donaldson is pretty poor on the Ramble and I think Andy Brassel is probably our best representation right now.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Thats fair, we need more Geordies/Newcastle Fans on the mainstream pods. Donaldson is pretty poor on the Ramble and I think Andy Brassel is probably our best representation right now.

Donaldson is thinking about his work outside the ramble so tows the tut tut Saudi Arabia line. But yeah for a Newcastle fan I’m not sure I’ve heard a pertinent bit of analysis come out his mouth this season, he seems almost embarrassed to talk about us. 

6 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Donaldson is thinking about his work outside the ramble so tows the tut tut Saudi Arabia line. But yeah for a Newcastle fan I’m not sure I’ve heard a pertinent bit of analysis come out his mouth this season, he seems almost embarrassed to talk about us. 

I lost all respect for him when they did the quiz of which teams Sorensen played for and he couldn't get Sunderland, and when they said Sunderland he could not remember him playing for Sunderland. He clearly didn't follow the team growing up.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

I lost all respect for him when they did the quiz of which teams Sorensen played for and he couldn't get Sunderland, and when they said Sunderland he could not remember him playing for Sunderland. He clearly didn't follow the team growing up.

I always just thought he 'liked' football but wasn't massively into it. He seemed to get gig because he knew how to run a podcast from the technical side back when they were more uncommon and he was mates with the others.  

6 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Got to say I love football but really struggle with pretty much all types of football podcasts. I'm always surprised they get as much traction as they do. 

Because most of them are surface level rubbish with very little insight. 

ah well, something to pass the time whilst at the office.