Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Yakubu's goal record in the Premier League is up there with the best, Merlin.

Pompey(Prem games) 35 apps, 16 goals

Boro                            73 apps  25 goals

Everton                      63 apps  23 goals

Av of just better than 1 in 3 - OK but not spectacular, certainly not up with the Rooneys, Drogbas etc

which was my point. He is in, at best, the second tier of Prem strikers and plays for a side from which we need to get points - certainly at SJP.

If we did sign Beye I'd like us to put it down to the fact we had to sell to balance the books, the books are now balanced, and can take him back. For a year I'd sign him, plus we'd not have to worry about him having to bed into the team, settle in the area. Etc.

Players under 26

Resale value

Price low to buy due to: contract running down or club up s*** creek &  some other factors.

They are what the scouts & CH are looking for.

A laudable policy in the main - but we also need proven players at the top level in certain positions.

Being too pedantic about 'Yoof' and sell-on value will not keep us in the Prem and in any case, if they are any good we don't WANT to sell-on until they are getting towards the end...

Arsenal supposedly after Rodallega and Chamakh to go along with Van Persie, Eduardo and Bendtner! If this is true I wonder if they'd do us a deal for Vela.

vela would be interesting....

if not for sale then loan maybe....

Arsenal supposedly after Rodallega and Chamakh to go along with Van Persie, Eduardo and Bendtner! If this is true I wonder if they'd do us a deal for Vela.

vela would be interesting....

if not for sale then loan maybe....

Vela wouldn't be a bad signing. Mexican isn't he? So he would gel eventually with the help on Jose, Jonas and Coloccini.

Guest Roger Kint

If we did sign Beye I'd like us to put it down to the fact we had to sell to balance the books, the books are now balanced, and can take him back. For a year I'd sign him, plus we'd not have to worry about him having to bed into the team, settle in the area. Etc.

You can pretend that if it helps. His attitude on preseason subbings suggests you are wrong though

Just checked it on transfermarkt.de, if we were in the Premier League now we would have the youngest squad on average. (24,4 years). Arsenals' squad is 25,1 and 2nd.

Quite interesting considering that a few years ago we had many players in their late 20s/early 30s.

I think it's a good thing to have a squad mainly of young players as we can build a squad and probably be successful while spending little.

So I hope we will only sign players who are in a good age like we've done in January and no more Beye's, Owen's or even Viduka's.

We would have to sell at least one or two of our strikers as collectively they aren't good enough. Shola is a complete crock, even when he does play he is always carrying some sort of injury. He is our ledley king! He would be first out due to those reasons despite arguably being our best (no Leon puns) forward.

Just checked it on transfermarkt.de, if we were in the Premier League now we would have the youngest squad on average. (24,4 years). Arsenals' squad is 25,1 and 2nd.

Quite interesting considering that a few years ago we had many players in their late 20s/early 30s.

I think it's a good thing to have a squad mainly of young players as we can build a squad and probably be successful while spending little.

So I hope we will only sign players who are in a good age like we've done in January and no more Beye's, Owen's or even Viduka's.

Butt and Pancrate being released in the summer will only improve that average age too.

Guest BooBoo

People still mithering on about bring Beye back. :facepalm:

Too old, hardly played this season and a questionable attitude. No thank you.

People still mithering on about bring Beye back.  :facepalm:

This. It would totally piss over the dressing room too. Think of how the likes of Nolan, Smith etc would be with him if he's essentially buggered off and refused to slum it in the Championship and then swanned back in as soon as we're back in the big league.

It would frankly be an accident waiting to happen.

Guest Roger Kint

People still mithering on about bring Beye back.  :facepalm:

This. It would totally piss over the dressing room too. Think of how the likes of Nolan, Smith etc would be with him if he's essentially buggered off and refused to slum it in the Championship and then swanned back in as soon as we're back in the big league.

It would frankly be an accident waiting to happen.

Both spot on :thup:

Its not a case of want, its more a case of this would be the kind of player the club would be looking at.

Ashley is not going to buy big name players.

Who Beye?

His wages will be fairly sizable, he won't have any sell-on value and lets be fair, his best years are behind him.

All the evidence suggests to the contrary.

Guest firetotheworks

No chance would I want Beye back. He didn't get back to form after that Cattermole 'tackle', had a bad attitude after we went down, and was one that wanted to go. Add to that, that he hasn't played for Villa, or when he has, he hasn't been at all impressive and all signs point to a 'no' in terms of wanting him, needing him, or putting a bid in for him. Absolutely no chance.......cutscene 'Beye re-signs for Newcastle!!!'

Forest's RB looked tidy.

Wouldn't take Beye back in a month of Sundays.

32 year old former player with injuries and lack of games behind him? Come on man, there has to be better targets than him.

Probably, but if it's a choice between Simpson and bringing Beye back.......

32 year old former player with injuries and lack of games behind him? Come on man, there has to be better targets than him.

Totally agree. Sure there are better options out there but if it was a straight choice between the 2 I'd go for Beye.

But it isn't, there are other options.

Totally agree. Sure there are better options out there but if it was a straight choice between the 2 I'd go for Beye.

Bringing Beye back will simply destroy team morale. He wanted out when the going got tough and he deserves whatever he position he is in now.

The main difference between this season and last season's team is Team Morale and we will be depending on this to pull us through especially if we have limited transfer funds, which is looking very likely.

Like.....

The 50+ right backs in the world that are better than a 32 year old has been. Remember seeing Clerc from Lyon is out of contract at the end of the season, Perch from Forest seems a decent young alternative etc.