Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

From a couple of those lists posted, it seems like Paul Scharner's contract isn't expiring. Does anyone know when he signed a new one? Shame, because he'd have been a cracking freebie.

The one name that stands out there is Sofiane Feghouli, we'd do very very well to get him.

This midfield issue is going to be absolutely massive for us. We definitely need a lot more mobility and drive in there. Otherwise we are just going to get run ragged again.

Reo-Coker and Kevin-Prince Boateng are some names we should at least be thinking of. Put these two alongside Nolan in a midfield three and it would make a world of difference.

From France - Dabo, Perrin, Clerc or Kallstrom would all be pretty amazing signings.  Not sure how realistic Kallstrom would be though.  Would have thought we'd stand a vague hope with Dabo or Perrin.

Clerc or Kallstrom would all be pretty amazing signings.  Not sure how realistic Kallstrom would be though. 

Francois Clerc wants to play in Spain next year, also had a bad knock this season. As for KK "I’m very happy with Lyon. But I also think that football is a sport where you can’t afford to look too far down the track. You really have to concentrate on the present. I still have two and a half years to run on my contract, I’m happy at the club and I like the city, so why would I change?" Theat was from March 2010.

Come January when West Brom are in the bottom 3 we should go after Dorrans, he is far to good for them.

:D

As for Adams ... he looks good in a very poor Blackpool side, he is not what we need.

This is pretty much completely out of the blue, but one player I randomly love is Sabri Sarioglu from Galatasary.

We need a right back and him and Enrique together would give us a ridiculous amount of pace and sheer energy on the flanks.

This is pretty much completely out of the blue, but one player I randomly love is Sabri Sarioglu from Galatasary.

We need a right back and him and Enrique together would give us a ridiculous amount of pace and sheer energy on the flanks.

He the small fella at RB, possibly wears 8?

He the small fella at RB, possibly wears 8?

Not sure if he wears 8, but aye he was the tiny lad who looked very impressive at Euro 2008. I've seen him a few times because I sometimes watch the Turkish national team(Turkey and Korea have a lot in common and I just like the country) and he's so much fun to watch.

Him at 5 ft 7 & with Lil Wayne who is also 5 ft 7 in front of him would make the right flank, back post a target for high balls. I am already worried that it will be targeted with Homer playing at right back & he is whopping 5ft 9.

Primera Division

Pablo Ibáñez (At. Madrid)

Ewerthon (Real Zaragoza)

Kalu Uche (Almería)

Ignacio Camacho (At. Madrid)

Momo (Xerez)

Premiership

Martin Petrov (Manchester City)

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn Rovers)

Philippe Senderos (Arsenal)

Steve Finnan (Portsmouth)

Liam Ridgewell (Birmingham City)

Tamir Cohen (Bolton)

Serie A:

Taddei (Roma)

Fábio Simplício (Palermo)

Mario Alberto Santana (Fiorentina)

Marco Cassetti (Roma)

Bundesliga:

Thomas Hitzlsperger (Stuttgart)

Cacau (Stuttgart)

Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen)

Tinga (Borussia Dortmund)

Ligue 1:

Kim Källström (Olympique Lyon)

François Clerc (Olympique Lyon)

Fernando Morientes (Olympique Marsella)

Ilan (St. Etienne)

Nice list :-D, many thanks. If anyone here has any connection with the club, pass the list to the club please !

Have deleted all the ones i a) dont know at all AND dont look good on wiki ;-), b) have no desire to see near us and c) simply no chance be it age/wages.

pretty similar to the list I made ,bar Morientes (too old).

Mario Santana would be a cracking signing (can play on the right wing or attacking midfielder).....Jonas and Colo could have some sway if we ever are interested but I doubt it.

Hitzlsberger too would be a nice signing.

Clerc or Kallstrom would all be pretty amazing signings.  Not sure how realistic Kallstrom would be though. 

Francois Clerc wants to play in Spain next year, also had a bad knock this season. As for KK "I’m very happy with Lyon. But I also think that football is a sport where you can’t afford to look too far down the track. You really have to concentrate on the present. I still have two and a half years to run on my contract, I’m happy at the club and I like the city, so why would I change?" Theat was from March 2010.

Think Clerc's had a couple of bad injuries now hasn't he?  DId his knee a while back I thought.

Hitzlsberger is too old as well I think.

he`s only just turned 28 last week so I don`t think he`s that old....

oh, thought he was 31 or so. Ok, he's not too old then. Still not good enough imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Just to bring the Benayoun thing up again. Not that I think he'd come here of course, or that we'd pay 9 million. But my point is, if he goes for 9 million that's an absolute bargain. Easily worth 12-16 imo.