Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

No way in hell Rosenborg would sell Annan for £3m. No way in hell, that's as nonsensical as them wanting £10m. :lol: They'll be wanting £5-6m no doubt based on his good WC, and they have no financial issues which would force them to sell.

Annan's contract runs to december 2011. Rosenborg would never risk letting him go for nothing, and will look to cash in as soon as possible. If Rosenborg fail to start a bidding war, Hughton is in with a serious shout if he makes a £4m-offer. Rosenborg need to get £1,5-2m from player sales in 2010, and when no one bids significant money for Demidov they may need to let Annan go. 

They've already turned down £1.5m for Demidov from Real Sociedad, and he only have four months left on his contract. Hoftun's also said an offer for Annan needs to be too good to refuse as he's more valuable to them as a player than a scrappy transfer fee, especially with a CL campaign coming up.

Also, Rosenborg never includes a potential run in Europe in their budget, so they only have to sell for £2.1 million if they don't make it into either the CL or the EL. Also, they've already sold Marek Sapara which went towards covering that part of the budget. That also goes to show how they don't get pushed around, as they turned down £3m for Sapara in 2009 and let him go for closer to £1.3m in his last year as they valued his addition to the team over the potential loss of waiting to sell him.

Guest geordienorway

No way in hell Rosenborg would sell Annan for £3m. No way in hell, that's as nonsensical as them wanting £10m. :lol: They'll be wanting £5-6m no doubt based on his good WC, and they have no financial issues which would force them to sell.

Annan's contract runs to december 2011. Rosenborg would never risk letting him go for nothing, and will look to cash in as soon as possible. If Rosenborg fail to start a bidding war, Hughton is in with a serious shout if he makes a £4m-offer. Rosenborg need to get £1,5-2m from player sales in 2010, and when no one bids significant money for Demidov they may need to let Annan go. 

They've already turned down £1.5m for Demidov from Real Sociedad, and he only have four months left on his contract. Hoftun's also said an offer for Annan needs to be too good to refuse as he's more valuable to them as a player than a scrappy transfer fee, especially with a CL campaign coming up.

Also, Rosenborg never includes a potential run in Europe in their budget, so they only have to sell for £2.1 million if they don't make it into either the CL or the EL. Also, they've already sold Marek Sapara which went towards covering that part of the budget. That also goes to show how they don't get pushed around, as they turned down £3m for Sapara in 2009 and let him go for closer to £1.3m in his last year as they valued his addition to the team over the potential loss of waiting to sell him.

The bid Rosenborg rejected was 1,2 mill NOK.

Mate of mine in the RBK academy says it was close to 12m NOK but that Rosenborg does not want to let him go before they can get in a replacement in August rather than not wanting to take the money as they want to have their best players in the CL qualifiers, and qualifying for the CL equals more money than from selling Demidov for less a month or so later.

pleade allow me to throw in the idea that it may not matter if there is a bidding war and the selling club may be faced with the choice of selling to a lower bidder if that is where the player wants to go.

Why would a reserve player now anything about a bid an how much thw club want for the player?  :lol:

'cause people at the same workplace usually talk together, Einstein. Demidov is not exactly being quiet about wanting away. :lol:

So you think that every player in every club knows all about bids coming in for players? And what the clubs think ect.

I don't. The part about the club thinking something is my assumption, the only thing I "know" about is the rejected bid. I was just using said rejected bid to back up my earlier point about how Rosenborg have no habit of accepting a bid just because it's extra money for the club rather than thinking of results on the pitch.

So you think that every player in every club knows all about bids coming in for players? And what the clubs think ect.

not all the time but you've got to admit they may talk to each other and stuff will get passed fromplayer to player.

I don't. The part about the club thinking something is my assumption, the only thing I "know" about is the rejected bid. I was just using said rejected bid to back up my earlier point about how Rosenborg have no habit of accepting a bid just because it's extra money for the club rather than thinking of results on the pitch.

just out of curiosity, how much is £2 or £3 million to rosenborg (thats pounds not euros)...is it big potatoes ?

not all the time but you've got to admit they may talk to each other and stuff will get passed fromplayer to player.

Yeah, of course, but i also think that the club recieve a lot of bids that the player not even know about. And if the players knew a lot, im sure that more of it would reach the media.

Yeah, of course, but i also think that the club recieve a lot of bids that the player not even know about. And if the players knew a lot, im sure that more of it would reach the media.

Football clubs are in general obliged (at least Norwegian ones) to tell the players or their agents if they get/reject a bid. They are not obliged to accept one, however, as they own the player. They're not obliged to mention inquiries, but firm official transfer bids, hell, my local 3rd tier Norwegian club have to tell players if a club officially hand over an offer of a packet of cookies for a player, and they all have part-time contracts.

just out of curiosity, how much is £2 or £3 million to rosenborg (thats pounds not euros)...is it big potatoes ?

Yes. For 2010, Rosenborg have budgeted with £21m operating costs, and that's with £4m deficit (not counting CL money as Kaiz said). I just can't see how they can turn down a bid of £3m, which will cover almost 15% of their total operating costs for 2010.

Oh, and exuse my business english please :lol:

Yes. For 2010, Rosenborg have budgeted with £21m operating costs, and that's with £4m deficit (not counting CL money as Kaiz said). I just can't see how they can turn down a bid of £3m, which will cover almost 15% of their total operating costs for 2010.

Oh, and exuse my business english please :lol:

They already have... I've no idea what £1.3m is % wise out of their budgeted £2.1m player sales, but still. :lol: If they sell Demidov, which they will, they're pretty much covered and should be able to hold out for more for Annan as they'd not need to sell.

Using Sapara as a measuring pole, they rejected a bid from Besiktas in 2009 said to be £3m, Annan should be worth more to them as Sapara had as much left on his contract as Annan does now. Which should mean anywhere around £4-6m. If many clubs become interested (real interest) I'd not be surprised seeing it push towards the Norwegian (export) transfer record of £7.5m (Carew to Valencia) either.

That said, who knows what will happen in today's market. I'd just be surprised to see him leave for what's pretty much nothing in today's market after such a successful WC.

I suspect your feelings towards Rosenborg make your opinion a bit biased.  :pow:

I know they will cover their budgeted sales with Demidov, but that doesn't mean they have to follow the budget when an opportunity to run with profit after operating costs arises. Especially with how the Norwegian league finances is these days, compared to how it was just last season.

Yeah, I don't disagree there. I just think it's a bit far-fetched to think he'll go for £3m after a WC like he's experienced. No doubt they'd cash in on a good enough offer, but £3m? Come on! The Norwegian league is shit cheap to by from by an International standard, but Annan should fetch a much greater price than players like Tettey, Strømstad and Helstad when they left Norway. :lol:

Also, as mentioned, Rosenborg may be the only club left in Norway that does not have impending financial doom looming over them. Granted, they can't splash the cash (Compared to other Norwegian clubs) like they used to, but they're healthy enough.

I think Man City will be selling some players, and we should really be ready to make offers for some of their players. I would take Bellamy back, him and Big Andy might work well together. S.Irland might also be a good addition to our squad.

Ireland linked with Scum again today.

How much did Parma pay Valeri Bojinov?

3 million euro was the quoted price in Bulgarian media.. I would've thought they'd let him for less as he's simply not needed. Good player though, as long as he's injury-free..

Would ireland be realistic on loan? With a price agreed now if we wish to buy him at the end of the season (if he wants to stay)

I dont think that he would be against a loan here, and we might turn his mind around and he might even wanna stay if we

have a good season and decide to buy him, he might just love it, but who knows, worth a try imo.

But i would rather like us to buy Annan ;) (but i guess this wont happen either)