Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Cajun: Nice one. But you know what I mean. Don't think Shola is reliable.

Teasy: Yes. I think Jonas is very inconsistent. Can't say he impressed me much during WC either, mind he was almost playing a RB position under Maradonna. Clearly he's got a very good work rate, the guy is all over the field, but his technical skills ain't very impressive.

Edit: May also add that I fear for our side when we eventually get injuries..

Maybe you should wait until we actually have someone better before you wish him away, at the moment he's an important player for us, despite his faults so there's absolutely no need to replace him at the moment.

IMO having Ben Arfa in the side will bring the best out of Gutierrez, teams can no longer double up on him.

Cajun: Nice one. But you know what I mean. Don't think Shola is reliable.

Teasy: Yes. I think Jonas is very inconsistent. Can't say he impressed me much during WC either, mind he was almost playing a RB position under Maradonna. Clearly he's got a very good work rate, the guy is all over the field, but his technical skills ain't very impressive.

Edit: May also add that I fear for our side when we eventually get injuries..

Maybe you should wait until we actually have someone better before you wish him away, at the moment he's an important player for us, despite his faults so there's absolutely no need to replace him at the moment.

IMO having Ben Arfa in the side will bring the best out of Gutierrez, teams can no longer double up on him.

Can agree with that. Hopefully that is something "they" are working on "behind the scenes".

Jonas is a strange one. He does well for us, obviously has his flaws in passing, shooting and crossing, but there's no denying he brings about goal scoring opportunities and his dribbling helps relive pressure and allw others to get up the pitch. We are also no where near as defensively frail down he left as we are the right (that may have a lot more to do with Enrique being infinitely better than Perch). On the other hand, if he replaces Nolan behind Carroll, can he get in the goal scoring positions Nolan can, and, failing that, can he provide more for Carroll.

It'll be a big test of Hughton's know how getting Ben Arfa in and not losing the strengths we've grown to possess.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yes, either play Krul or get someone else in. Just my opinion as I don't rate Harper that much. He's a decent backup.

As for a striker, I fear we are a bit short without Carroll.

And a winger is clealy a backup for Wayne and Jonas. I hope we sell Jonas soon.

Ben Arfa can also occupy a spot out wide. If things get really bad injury wise, Hughton can put Guthrie, Barton or Ryan Taylor out wide too.

Guest VegasToon

I'd say the Keeper and Midfield positions are definitely bottom on the priorities list.

Has to be a LB and ST.

:thup: 

• 2 weeks later...

CH

“I would like to think that our business has been concluded for the season,” Hughton told the Sunday Sun.

“The only thing that will change that is form going into the window and seeing where we are there.

“But very much I would like to think that we won’t be bringing anyone in in January.”

Taken from http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=post;topic=67828.3570;num_replies=3599