Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

If Real Betis don't end up promoted (3 points adrift as we speak) I wonder if people like Emana and Odonkor are salvageable. Odonkor has been shit/injuried for a few years, but Emana was very good last season in a Nolan-esque role but with legs (11 goals from midfield for a relegated side). He'd be 28 next season which means he doesn't fit "the template", though.

It wouldn't be popular but I would definitely take bramble back at the right price (cheap).

He'd bomb again at SJP. Don't think he could handle the pressure, going out of the spotlight at Wigan is the best thing he could have done.

I still think despite the "when it went wrong, it REALLY went comedy wrong" moments and the media clamour to make him the worst defender ever, bramble was on the whole pretty decent for us.

He has more natural ability than any of our current centre backs, if we sign a couple of central midfielders who can run and will help out the back four I would be happy enough with Enrique, kadar, Colo, Williamson, bramble, Taylor and Simpson for the first season back. Maybe loaning one more in for cover/signing someone cheap and experienced but still decent.

That defence would be the least of my worries. If we are being too picky there is no way we could realistically fill every position required.

He was very poor in his last season iirc, I agree there was more good than bad overall though. I don't think it would work for him or us in the slightest if he came back though.

I reckon Stephen Appiah would be worth a punt, he'd definitely add a bit of bite to the midfield. He's at bologna at the moment who aren't doing too well in Serie A. I think he's on a short contract so may be available on the cheap.

Bramble had everything to be a class centre half except for a footballers brain and when he dropped a bollock it would usually end up with a goal against.

Yeah, he looked class when Woody was telling him what to do. Pretty fucking big attribute mind, a brain.

Yeah, he looked class when Woody was telling him what to do. Pretty f***ing big attribute mind, a brain.

He looked brilliant at times then all of a sudden something would work itself loose inside him and he'd do something daft.  It was the same when he first moved as I remember him laying off a brilliant back pass which resulted in a goal.  I haven't really watched him too often so I have no idea if he's managed to get that out of his game.

The blueprint for a truly world class defender, but someone forgot to add the brain. Shame, but I can see why he's still playing in the premiership because he's an effective defender 99% of the time.

Guest ToonBart

Leazes Mag, Toontastic to Newcastle Online.

Available on a free

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If Real Betis don't end up promoted (3 points adrift as we speak) I wonder if people like Emana and Odonkor are salvageable. Odonkor has been s***/injuried for a few years, but Emana was very good last season in a Nolan-esque role but with legs (11 goals from midfield for a relegated side). He'd be 28 next season which means he doesn't fit "the template", though.

Betis got relegated?  ???

If Real Betis don't end up promoted (3 points adrift as we speak) I wonder if people like Emana and Odonkor are salvageable. Odonkor has been s***/injuried for a few years, but Emana was very good last season in a Nolan-esque role but with legs (11 goals from midfield for a relegated side). He'd be 28 next season which means he doesn't fit "the template", though.

last season

last season

Shows how closely I follow Spanish Football :lol: Thought they were still a mid-table to top half La Liga club.

liam lawerence worth a look as competition for routiledge on the right? has impressed me playing for ireland

He's too good for Stoke, and consecuently has gone down the pecking order behind Rory Delap. Good shout. I also think Tuncay will want out of that place (warming the bench seeing the likes of Mamadi Sidibe and Kitson strutting around the pitch in front of him), but they paid a handsome sum for him and they'd probably want to recoup that.

Paulo Guerrero of Hamburg seems even more realistic now to leave his current club. Yesterday after that goalless draw against Hannover he had a huge fallout with a Hamburg supporter (Guerrero threw a bottle at him). His contract is up at the end of the season. Should definetely go for him imo.

Guest BooBoo

Re the comments on Leazes Mag- I was browsing Toontastic before and the daft arsehole is STILL banging on about Hall, Shepherd, Shit board etc. There's something deeply psychologically wrong with that bloke.

Re the comments on Leazes Mag- I was browsing Toontastic before and the daft arsehole is STILL banging on about Hall, Shepherd, s*** board etc. There's something deeply psychologically wrong with that bloke.

I only use this place is it similar banter over there?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Re the comments on Leazes Mag- I was browsing Toontastic before and the daft arsehole is STILL banging on about Hall, Shepherd, s*** board etc. There's something deeply psychologically wrong with that bloke.

Pretty much, but with a Pro-NUST angle.

Transfer bollocks:

CaulkinTheTimes  #Nufc  in for #Safc loan man Alan Hutton? Un'appy 'Arry says so. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article7087524.ece

Aye, pretty much the same: fewer mongs though, and they can generally spell.

Aye, pretty much the same: fewer mongs though, and they can generally spell.

I better just stay here then.