Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

If Real Betis don't end up promoted (3 points adrift as we speak) I wonder if people like Emana and Odonkor are salvageable. Odonkor has been s***/injuried for a few years, but Emana was very good last season in a Nolan-esque role but with legs (11 goals from midfield for a relegated side). He'd be 28 next season which means he doesn't fit "the template", though.

Would Emana come ?

If so bring him in i have only seen him once and he was good.

Paulo Guerrero of Hamburg seems even more realistic now to leave his current club. Yesterday after that goalless draw against Hannover he had a huge fallout with a Hamburg supporter (Guerrero threw a bottle at him). His contract is up at the end of the season. Should definetely go for him imo.

I have always wanted us to sign him, really seems to have all the credentials for a good striker. If his contract is up I say go for him.

Bramble had everything to be a class centre half except for a footballers brain and when he dropped a bollock it would usually end up with a goal against.

Yeah i echo most people when i say for the most part he was a decent defender, any one remember the game against Chelsea when we beat them in the f.a cup he was outstanding and against a strong chelsea side.

Same could be said for S.taylor, if only he had a brain he would be quality, though he maybe able t do something at rb, from what i seen he looked like a top 10 rb, imo

Guest Roger Kint

If Real Betis don't end up promoted (3 points adrift as we speak) I wonder if people like Emana and Odonkor are salvageable. Odonkor has been s***/injuried for a few years, but Emana was very good last season in a Nolan-esque role but with legs (11 goals from midfield for a relegated side). He'd be 28 next season which means he doesn't fit "the template", though.

I asked about Emana the other day on here, was hoping you would see it ;D

Guest firetotheworks

What is this 'if only he had a brain' stuff?

If any fit player had the footballing brain of someone like Woodgate or Rio then of course they'd be world class. You could say that about almost any defender in the PL. Most aged between 20-30 are fast enough, and strong enough, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Guest maccan

How about Real Madrids tranferlisted players Gago and M. Diarra? Gago also plays for Argentina so Coloccini and Gutierrez can talk him over here.

I read a rumour earlier this year about Lavezzi. He should fit the bill here, he can play up front and wide on the right-flank.

Guest firetotheworks

How about Real Madrids tranferlisted players Gago and M. Diarra? Gago also plays for Argentina so Coloccini and Gutierrez can talk him over here.

I read a rumour earlier this year about Lavezzi. He should fit the bill here, he can play up front and wide on the right-flank.

I imagine Real Madrid players are probably a bit out of our range. :)

Betis got relegated?  ???

last season

Shows how closely I follow Spanish Football :lol: Thought they were still a mid-table to top half La Liga club.

There's probably a lot of people out on the continent unaware of our relegation too.

Bramble had everything to be a class centre half except for a footballers brain and when he dropped a bollock it would usually end up with a goal against.

Yeah i echo most people when i say for the most part he was a decent defender, any one remember the game against Chelsea when we beat them in the f.a cup he was outstanding and against a strong chelsea side.

Same could be said for S.taylor, if only he had a brain he would be quality, though he maybe able t do something at rb, from what i seen he looked like a top 10 rb, imo

I disagree.

Bramble has both brawn and brain. On his day he is the epitome of intelligent muscular defender. Unfortunately, he has serious consistency and concentration issue. Taylor doesn't read the game as well as Bramble, but then Taylor is more consistent.

And this one flaw makes him a terrible defender. Despise Bramble and anyone with any sense would never have him back.

Yeah mentioned him earlier. Only seen highlights but he looks decent and I can't imagine they could hold out for much (if any) more than they paid so £3m is a good price for a decent young striker.

Anyone know how quick he is? He has looked fairly Pacey at times but the odd run can be deceptive, I know he is a fairly tall lad.

He's not really quick but quick enough if you know what I mean. Been a fan of his for a while now, great left foot, good in the air and I think this season in the premiership has taken him to the next level.

I doubt Hughton will shop abroad this summer, as we're a newly-promoted side he'll probably want to sign players who he knows can step up to the plate and perform immediately (as opposed to signing foreign players who may take a while to settle in).

Sebastian Larsson is a free agent in the summer and hasn´t agreed any new contract with Birmingham. They are now refusing to play him until he signs. Atleast that is Larssons version in swedish media today. It all looks like he will leave on a free this summer and I'd say we should try to get him in. He's a usually a right winger but also comfortable in central midfield and as a right back. A useful player with a grat right foot, good at set pieces.

It looks like swedens new national coach will play him mainly at rightback because its a trouble position for sweden and the competition in midfield is tough. Maybe we could help him to transform into a good right back both for NUFC and his national team.

He would definately be a good versatile player to get in for free.

Sebastian Larsson is a free agent in the summer and hasn´t agreed any new contract with Birmingham. They are now refusing to play him until he signs. Atleast that is Larssons version in swedish media today. It all looks like he will leave on a free this summer and I'd say we should try to get him in. He's a usually a right winger but also comfortable in central midfield and as a right back. A useful player with a grat right foot, good at set pieces.

It looks like swedens new national coach will play him mainly at rightback because its a trouble position for sweden and the competition in midfield is tough. Maybe we could help him to transform into a good right back both for NUFC and his national team.

He would definately be a good versatile player to get in for free.

If he's on a free he'll get snapped up by one of the top 6.

Madrid valued Gago at €18m this winter window, and Diarra on €20m past summer. So I'd say no.  

Think of the wages these muppets will be on, too.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Danny Simpson and colo are going to get torn a new arsehole in the prem. Def need a new RB

Guest JamesyJazz

Danny Simpson and colo are going to get torn a new arsehole in the prem. Def need a new RB

Only if the midfield isn't doing a decent job.

You just wont let this year long vendetta against Colo drop, will you?

Simpson I agree with, he's been absolutely shocking in the last 3 months.