Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Wouldn't take Beye back in a month of Sundays.

32 year old former player with injuries and lack of games behind him? Come on man, there has to be better targets than him.

Probably, but if it's a choice between Simpson and bringing Beye back.......

Totally agree. Sure there are better options out there but if it was a straight choice between the 2 I'd go for Beye.

Bringing Beye back will simply destroy team morale. He wanted out when the going got tough and he deserves whatever he position he is in now.

The main difference between this season and last season's team is Team Morale and we will be depending on this to pull us through especially if we have limited transfer funds, which is looking very likely.

This. The reason for our current success isn't only that we have the best squad in this league but it's heavily down to the morale of the team.

Rather have Simpson (who still is young and could make the step up) than Beye.

We'll get relegated with Simpson starting, i'd put everything I own on it.

One player hardly will get us relegated, will he?

I'd say the same about Nolan next season.

What? That we will get us relegated or won't?

If he starts on a regular basis, we will get relegated. No doubt in my mind.

Here the same what I think about Simpson. Did Nolan get Bolton relegated "on his own"? No. He was their captain and they played in Europe.

Guest Roger Kint

Here the same what I think about Simpson. Did Nolan get Bolton relegated "on his own"? No. He was their captain and they played in Europe.

In all fairness Bolton didnt paly 4-4-2 too much with him in the middle

I haven't talked about the way we should play. Just said he was in their side. And tbh I can see Hughton playing loads of 4-5-1 at least away from home next season with Nolan behind a striker.

Have I missed something with Perch? Never seen him stand out for Forest and even without knowing who he was when we played them, none of their players stood out to me as a player who I thought, "he'd do a job here".

Played well for 45mins against us so everyone loves him based on that. Don't think he even played in their match on Monday.

I haven't talked about the way we should play. Just said he was in their side. And tbh I can see Hughton playing loads of 4-5-1 at least away from home next season with Nolan behind a striker.

:weep:  aw fuck.

:weep:  aw fuck.

Why? It worked this season to get 1-0 wins away from home. I would be more than happy to get a 1-0 win away from home against the likes of Wigan, Bolton or Birmingham. At home we can and should play 4-4-2 with Guthrie and Barton through the middle (or someone new) and should have a party.

I think we will be looking at players like; Johnson, O'Hara, Noble, Cleverley etc as well as a couple of out-of-the-blue foreign players like Jonas.

Which IMO is the correct route to go down.

Guest Roger Kint

I think we will be looking at players like; Johnson, O'Hara, Noble, Cleverley etc as well as a couple of out-of-the-blue foreign players like Jonas.

Which IMO is the correct route to go down.

Yeah, players who are improving or have something to prove as opposed to older signing every time for me. Johnson not soo much given his problems but the others yes.

You lot are still picking Michael Johnson? :dowie:

Are you disputing his talent?

Assuming you are of course reffering to his alleged drinking problems, why is it impossible for a youngster to turn his career around?

There's nothing to suggest he has a bad attitude (i don't think), therefore i'd like to think we are club that is prepare to give a talented youngster a chance.

If we can sort out a reasonable deal, he'd be a decent signing for us.