Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

I'd be dubious about signing any players from Burnley to be honest. They're going down because the players aren't good enough for the Premier League (with a couple of exceptions perhaps). The difference with raiding Portsmouth is that they are primarily going down because of the upheaval at the club and the subsequent points deduction. They have a much better standard of players who, individually, have shown that they can perform at Premier League level - Prince Boateng, Piqionne, Diop, Belhadj etc.

Moussa Dembele saying today he expects to leave AZ in the summer. Really good player imo, dunno if we'd have a chance signing him mind.

Urby Emanuelson has said he'll be leaving Ajax on a Bosman in 2011. Worth a cheeky bid? 

Moussa Dembele saying today he expects to leave AZ in the summer. Really good player imo, dunno if we'd have a chance signing him mind.

Urby Emanuelson has said he'll be leaving Ajax on a Bosman in 2011. Worth a cheeky bid? 

Be flabbergasted if a) we made a bid or b) if we did he moved.

Be flabbergasted if a) we made a bid or b) if we did he moved.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we made a bid. He fits the bill in terms of our transfer policy - young, resale value, possible bargain due to contract situation. I doubt very much if he would be interested though

I rememer Dembele missing a penalty against us when we played AZ at SJP.

Wasn't it Koevermans?

I remember it been a poor pen.

Dembele has only played 6 games this season according to wiki FWIW. Still only 22 though so would definitely be worth a punt if he was on a free.

David Mendes da Silva is another decent player at AZ. Strong DM type.

and on the subject of Beglian's Kevin Miralles has been pretty poor for St.Etienne but he had some decent promise when he was a bit younger.

The two lads on loan to FC Twente from Chelsea (Stoch and Rajkovic) have supposedly been top class this season. Both probably be at the World Cup. Could be worth a look.

Guest Heneage

Maybe as a winger, he's not quite progressed as expected.

Might be worth having a look at Bas Dost from Heracles in Holland, he's got quite a few goals in the Eredivisie, but is a massive step from a midtable Dutch team to the Premier League. Wouldn't be too pricey, but a move to one of Holland's better clubs will give a better judgement to how good he really is

Guest Heneage

Might be worth having a look at Bas Dost from Heracles in Holland, he's got quite a few goals in the Eredivisie, but is a massive step from a midtable Dutch team to the Premier League. Wouldn't be too pricey, but a move to one of Holland's better clubs will give a better judgement to how good he really is

Afonso Alves.

Afonso Alves.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo Luís Nazario.

Yeah, Eredivisie strikers are pretty random  :razz:

Guest Heneage

Afonso Alves.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo Luís Nazario.

Yeah, Eredivisie strikers are pretty random  :razz:

You just highlighted my next point, when was the last time we saw a leading scorer in the Eredivisie repeat it abroad. The Eredivisie is better for defenders/midfielders imo.