Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Riquelme is 30+, has retired from international football, and went back to Argentina to see out his career at Boca. If there were a footballing equivalent of a lonely hearts add, his would read "30 something man seeks latino club for fun times, nothing serious. No Europeans or Diegos." And why would he want to play for nobodies like us anyway, aside from big money?

Having said that, it looks like he's on a free, we do have a couple of Argentinians who might help him settle, and he is a quality set piece taker compared to what we currently have...

http://www.southamericanfutbol.com/2010/04/transfers-flamengo-begin-negotiations-for-riquelme/

Was watching FoxSoccer Futbol Argentino game (Boca vs San Lorenzo) this week, and they said that Riquelme asked his agent to get him re-signed with Boca. Apparently not interested in going elsewhere.

Guest Roger Kint

Riquelme hasnt been interested in playing for anyone other than Boca for some time. Mental to even suggest him, that said with some of the other suggestions on here..........

Boca face a decision whether they are going renew Palmermo or Riquelme's contracts as both are up for renewing but they fucking hate each other so they might not renew both. To make matters worth they are both Boca legends, Palermo being their joint record goal scorer and Riquelme being class.

I am not a friend of (Riquelme’s), I have no relationship (with him). The only thing that unites us is (to) defend the colors of Boca.

Not that he'd move or be suitable for us anyway like.

Guest jeffers09

Reo-Coker fits the bill really. Jason Roberts on the otherhand would be amongst the most pointless signings i've seen us make, regardless of the price.

Would prefer him over Best anyday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/27/stoke-city-abdoulaye-faye-glenn-whelan

Stoke have some decent central defenders. Anyone of the following on a cheap would be good deal

Robert Huth

Ibrahima Sonko

Ryan Shawcross

Danny Collins

Abdoulaye Faye

Huth or Shawcross would be glorious, but I assume either would take out a large chunk of our supposed £15 million budget.  :sadnod:

Huth, glorious? No thanks.

Reo-Coker fits the bill really. Jason Roberts on the otherhand would be amongst the most pointless signings i've seen us make, regardless of the price.

Out of interest, why would Roberts be a pointless signing?

I'd definitely take Nicky Hunt for the right price. I wouldn't really target any West Ham players like with the wages they are meant to be on. We should definitely do what we can to get O'Hara. I'd love to see us go for Robbie Keane but I can't see Spurs loaning him to us and they would want a fair few million plus he will want a hefty wage for a permanent transfer. Daniel Sturridge on loan anyone?

I'd definitely take Nicky Hunt for the right price.

I haven't heard good reports from his loan spell at Derby.

JESUS. Stephen Hunt i mean  :lol: He looked quite impressive in the few games I seen him play for Hull last season.

I'd definitely take Nicky Hunt for the right price.

I haven't heard good reports from his loan spell at Derby.

JESUS. Stephen Hunt i mean  :lol: He looked quite impressive in the few games I seen him play for Hull last season.

I had a feeling that was what you meant :lol: he'd be good if we were able to get him for a low-ish price.