Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't mind Yakubu, don't know how much he has been playing for the toffees this year like or whether he is realistic or not.

I pray to God we don't sign Yakubu and his ever expanding buttocks. I can't tolerate having to watch him play for my team more than I already do.

:lol:

What about Zoran Tošić? Will he return to Man Utd? If they don't really want him he would maybe worth a thought.

Scored 5 goals in 12 games for 1. FC Köln (Cologne) here in the Bundesliga.

Guest Heneage

What about Zoran Tošić? Will he return to Man Utd? If they don't really want him he would maybe worth a thought.

Scored 5 goals in 12 games for 1. FC Köln (Cologne) here in the Bundesliga.

Too lightweight imo. Happy in Koln too.

I'm sure he's been mentioned before, Piquionne? Should be available at a low cost, wages surely aren't that high and hopefully there won't be much competition to sign him due to his age ...

Guest Heneage

Everton linked with Nedum Onuoha for £3.75m on 30k per week. That fits within our budget and he's exactly what we need.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/800982/EVERTON-READY-FOUR-YEAR-DEAL-FOR-ONUOHA.html

Unfortunately, its the News of the World, so obviously this won't be true.

I'd imagine they'd demand about three times that price.

What makes you say that?

Everton linked with Nedum Onuoha for £3.75m on 30k per week. That fits within our budget and he's exactly what we need.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/800982/EVERTON-READY-FOUR-YEAR-DEAL-FOR-ONUOHA.html

Unfortunately, its the News of the World, so obviously this won't be true.

I'd imagine they'd demand about three times that price.

What makes you say that?

i agree good defender no way would he go for as cheap as 3.75m 7m at least imo

I'm sure he's been mentioned before, Piquionne? Should be available at a low cost, wages surely aren't that high and hopefully there won't be much competition to sign him due to his age ...

Pompey have a bunch of players I would have thought could do a job, although they obviously havent this year.

Whats the deal with Vanden Borre? he was the next big thing not too long ago, havent seen anything of him this season. Anyone know how he was playing?

Pompey have a bunch of players I would have thought could do a job, although they obviously havent this year.

Whats the deal with Vanden Borre? he was the next big thing not too long ago, havent seen anything of him this season. Anyone know how he was playing?

Whenever I've seen him he's played right wing for Pompey and been seemingly unimpressive. I Dont think he had that much potential anyway, it was a case of being a little over hyped.

How about Kevin Gameiro from Lorient. Second leading scorer in Ligue 1 this season and only 22. I was thinking he was out of our price range/ wouldn't come to us, but then I saw that he was linked to Celtic, so maybe he has low standards.

would anyone take Whittingham or Maynard?

Not me.  We need to be shooting for more Prem-standard players rather than Championship over-achievers.

Let's be honest for a second, you have no real idea whatsoever if those two are over-achieving or not.

would anyone take Whittingham or Maynard?

Not me.  We need to be shooting for more Prem-standard players rather than Championship over-achievers.

Who says they are overachieving? Newly promoted clubs simply have to look at the best of the league they've just left.