Watford 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 27/02/10 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Worst game I've seen all season. Two s*** teams not playing anything decent. s*** officials. s*** crowd. General yawnfest.

Want some lemon with your bitter?

No, I'm not being bitter. You weren't very good. Neither were we. Usually, when I appear bitter, I'm trying to get a rise out of something/someone, but tonight I'm not too fussed. More open towards giving an honest unbiased (as much as I can be) view of the game, thought you lot might appreciate it. I dunno though.

Worst game I've seen all season. Two shit teams not playing anything decent. Shit officials . Shit crowd. General yawnfest.

Aye Harley should've been sent off.

So should Williamson. I'm certain our goal was offside, also, but meh.

Would've been harsh, on the "tele" looked like a block more than an elbow. Player was running away from goal anyhoo.

Worst game I've seen all season. Two s*** teams not playing anything decent. s*** officials. s*** crowd. General yawnfest.

No, I'm not being bitter. You weren't very good. Neither were we. Usually, when I appear bitter, I'm trying to get a rise out of something/someone, but tonight I'm not too fussed. More open towards giving an honest unbiased (as much as I can be) view of the game, thought you lot might appreciate it. I dunno though.

You can't be anything but subjective when you've just seen your team lose though.  We're all the same.

You can't be anything but subjective when you've just seen your team lose though.  We're all the same.

Gotta agree with him, tbh.

Guest VegasToon

Honestly, I thought we played well considering our injuries and away form this year.  A win away from St James with that line up is fantasic.  

GG coming on here tonight is not a good idea.

I'm not here fishing and I've just had an excellent dinner (and a nap from 3-5pm) with good company. Just giving my opinions. Disagree with them if you like, I was der, know what I saw.  :aww:

True, but we are obviuosly less 'not very good' than them.  Hence being 30 points better off

Aye, but like 90% of our matches down here the only difference is in defence and being able to take our chances. The quality of our football is among the worst in the division.

Seriously, what was the difference between the two teams today? Two set-pieces. Neither side had many chances, nor dominance of play, really. Was just pure shit, can't see how you can claim vast superiority, especially when half of you claim this is a 'standard win'. It's pretty poor really, you need to strengthen massively over the summer. Only players that looked 'up to it' were Colo and Gutierrez. Sure, Carroll wasn't too bad, but against better defenders, doubt physically imposing himself would have much effect. (Harper didn't do much, so can't really comment, though conversely, Loach looked really dodgy today)

Seriously, what was the difference between the two teams today? Two set-pieces. Neither side had many chances, nor dominance of play, really. Was just pure s***, can't see how you can claim vast superiority, especially when half of you claim this is a 'standard win'. It's pretty poor really, you need to strengthen massively over the summer. Only players that looked 'up to it' were Colo and Gutierrez. Sure, Carroll wasn't too bad, but against better defenders, doubt physically imposing himself would have much effect. (Harper didn't do much, so can't really comment, though conversely, Loach looked really dodgy today)

:cheesy:

Seriously, what was the difference between the two teams today? Two set-pieces. Neither side had many chances, nor dominance of play, really. Was just pure shit, can't see how you can claim vast superiority, especially when half of you claim this is a 'standard win'. It's pretty poor really, you need to strengthen massively over the summer. Only players that looked 'up to it' were Colo and Gutierrez. Sure, Carroll wasn't too bad, but against better defenders, doubt physically imposing himself would have much effect. (Harper didn't do much, so can't really comment, though conversely, Loach looked really dodgy today)

Fair assessment really. Would've got a better idea between the two teams if we'd not scored straight away as we could rely on 'being less shit than the opposition' tactics a lot more being 1-0 up. Our defence was solid though. Apart from the goal, could never your mob scoring and even that was fortunate.

Fair assessment really. Would've got a better idea between the two teams if we'd not scored straight away as we could rely on 'being less shit than the opposition' tactics a lot more being 1-0 up. Our defence was solid though. Apart from the goal, could never your mob scoring and even that was fortunate.

We created about 3 chances in open play, you created one. Neither tally is massive, neither side ever looked like scoring, you were fortunate we have only one player in the squad capable of defending set plays. I'm trying to work out why you were far less impressive than expected (seeing as we seemed sub-standard also), the pitch looked a little worse than usual, but that shouldn't really be an excuse for such an awful game (from all parties, especially the officials).

We created about 3 chances in open play, you created one. Neither tally is massive, neither side ever looked like scoring, you were fortunate we have only one player in the squad capable of defending set plays. I'm trying to work out why you were far less impressive than expected (seeing as we seemed sub-standard also), the pitch looked a little worse than usual, but that shouldn't really be an excuse for such an awful game (from all parties, especially the officials).

What were you expecting like? We've played like that or worse in the majority of our away games this season.

What were you expecting like? We've played like that or worse in the majority of our away games this season.

Nothing spectacular, but a few chances created in open play from the team clear at the top of the league would've been nice, maybe? Or perhaps a few decent passing moves, only a few? Too much to expect from any team that looks to be 'effective' in this league, I guess, the likes of Swansea, WBA, Doncaster etc. play pretty football, but don't grind out the results.

Nothing spectacular, but a few chances created in open play from the team clear at the top of the league would've been nice, maybe? Or perhaps a few decent passing moves, only a few? Too much to expect from any team that looks to be 'effective' in this league, I guess, the likes of Swansea, WBA, Doncaster etc. play pretty football, but don't grind out the results.

aye, GG we were shit again.

Elton John bringing out a video?

The day we scored Against Newcastle.

Without both Routledge and Lovenkrands, we certainly lacked pace, with Best repeatedly caught by Watford defenders. Pitch was soggy from the off and got worse, Gutierrez was trying to play fancy football and finding the ball bobbling all over the place. In the centre of the park it was an all-out melee of brutal football, although the referee was still too ready to dish out yellows. Guthrie again looked out of place on the right hand side and we were exposed down that channel a few times in the first half. Although not as good a player overall, I do wonder if Ryan Taylor would be a better fit in the absence of Routledge.

My lowly position in the stand made it hard to get a proper view of the gameplay, but we were massively helped by Watford's poor forward play with a string of sloppy offsides, especially in the first half. Really didn't majorly threaten until the last 20 minutes where I thought we got stuck in our own 18-yard box and did not look comfortable with the oncoming aerial bombardment as they went direct- maybe would have worked from the off?

Overall an awful game on a wet pitch with Gutierrez our only real creative outlet, we have to be pleased with 3 points.  GG clearly hasn't seen any of our away games this season, that was pretty much par for the course.