Newcastle United vs Barnsley - 06/03/10 - pre-match thread

Dave

We've looked our most effective with two wide men so I would like to see us go with Pancrate although obviously that would mean taking either Guthrie or Nolan out of the starting line up which isn't going to happen. So I expect we'll get another stuttering performance with an unconvincing win at the end of it. Which is good enough.

should win though they have a fairly decent midfield in Hugo Colace, Anderson De Silva and Filipe Texieira on the wing that could cause a few dangers.

Their Icelandic guy who scored in the away game looked quite good; Halfredsson I think it was.

Had a look on a few of their forums, they seem very confident about getting at least a point against us. Alhough they do say that they always do well against footballing teams, which suggests they havn't seen us play much this season!

I reckon it's gonna be:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo Enrique

Guthrie  Smith  Nolan  Jonas

Carrol  McLoven

With Best, Taylor and Pancrate coming off the bench at some point!

3-1, cant see them not scoring, but when they loose they don't seem to loose by 1.. ;)

Gutted that Routledge isn't playing like, would like to have seen both flanks in full working order with Jose returning.

We definitely need two back up wingers next season. As soon as Jonas or Routledge aren't in the team all attacks stop from their respective sides.