Making A Stand Against SKY TV.

kane2005

Is it possible . . I very much doubt it as there is too much money involved for clubs to turn it down.

However , we can let our feelings be known.

They have done us over so many times this season , and I think changing the Plymouth game to a Monday Night is now a step too far !!

SKY TV - WHAT ABOUT THE FANS?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will be hung from Level 7 on Saturday.

The more successful you are the more you get put on TV, I am quite happy going to night games if its coming from us winning games and getting back in the premiership.

Nah, I'm sorry, I do understand the need for cash but this is an absolute piss take. The longest trip in the British football league calendar and to move it to a Monday night. No real excuse, totally inconsiderate. Saturday lunch, evening or Sunday would have all been far more bearable, now we are conceivably in a situation where we could seal the league at a game where supporters who have been going all season can now not make it down.

The more successful you are the more you get put on TV, I am quite happy going to night games if its coming from us winning games and getting back in the premiership.

I think that's missing the point somewhat. Any of the Sky kick off times would be preferable to this, even a Friday night, to allow fans to use some of the weekend for travel.

There can be no justification for them to do this. Monday games should be reserved for local games for when the likes of North West, London or Midlands teams play each other. NOT for when fans have to make the longest journey in British senior football.

Sadly nothing can be done against Sky but it'd be good for the club to make somekind of gesture and put the c.£80k fee toward subsidised travel or offset the ticket price.

Its a game I wouldnt have made it to so happy it's on tv but its a disgrace to treat away fans like this. NUFC.com is reporting that "We understand that strong protests were made by Newcastle to both the Football League and Sky over the rescheduling of this game, but fell on deaf ears."

So a rare occasion where the club is looking out for the fans.

This is the kind of thing which NUST should be throwing themselves behind, things which the fans actually are concerned about

Have said the same before more than once. 

Us being charged more to sit in a temporary uncovered stand at Blackpool than the home fans sitting in a covered stand with a comparable view is another one.

Just mentioned this to my brother, who lives in Cornwall , and even he is considering not going as he probably wouldnt get back til after midnight , would have to drive also as no trains back for him either.

Absolute joke , longest trip in the whole of the football league and they put it on on a Monday night. How many have probably already booked train tickets etc for this and now they are expected to take two days off work to see the game.

Sky TV continually shows a disregard for football fans throughout the country with their constant rescheduling of fixtures.

Their latest decision to put Newcastle’s away game to Plymouth on a Monday night is disgraceful!! The longest trip in the whole of English Football and they've got the audacity to shift it to a day/time, which is a total inconvenience for all fans travelling from the North East.

We could potentially seal our promotion that day and it means fans that have been travelling the length and breadth of the country in following their team missing out.

Moving our away game against Swansea to an earlier KO time on a Sat was just about bearable even though it meant leaving ridiculously early, but this takes it to a whole new level.

What about fans that have already made plans and booked up? This latest decision is inexcusable and can’t be justified in any shape or form. A group of Newcastle fans had planned to do an eight day charity bike in aid of help for heroes (facebook group can be found here -http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=610680114#!/group.php?gid=165367283343). It scuppers their original plans for a worthy cause. It’s an absolute joke and the executives making these decisions are a bunch of thoughtless bastards!!!

Guest Brummiemag

Maybe the best way to make a stand against these money grabbing bastards is to hit them where it hurts - cancel the subscription to Sky Sports

Its a game I wouldnt have made it to so happy it's on tv but its a disgrace to treat away fans like this. NUFC.com is reporting that "We understand that strong protests were made by Newcastle to both the Football League and Sky over the rescheduling of this game, but fell on deaf ears."

So a rare occasion where the club is looking out for the fans.

I thought Sky TV had to get agreement from both clubs involved and the League before a game is rescheduled. Is that not how it works?

While I agree that Sky Sports are wreckign the game as much as they may have saved/are saving it they're still a bunch of money-grabbing bastards who need a good kick up the arse.

Is it possible . . I very much doubt it as there is too much money involved for clubs to turn it down.

They have done us over so many times this season , and I think changing the Plymouth game to a Monday Night is now a step too far !!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you kick up this much of a fuss when our game against Pompey was moved to a Monday at the end of last season?

Cancelled my Sky Sports package just this minute.

Pack of wankers.

(Was planning to do so today anyway, regardless of this news. But I feel all the more vindicated now. :snod: )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you kick up this much of a fuss when our game against Pompey was moved to a Monday at the end of last season?

Yes . Why?