Making A Stand Against SKY TV.

kane2005

Guest malandro

Everyone should get on to the FSF and NUST. Make an issue of it.

They’d probably just start an online petition or launch a campaign for supporters to buy the TV rights.

Guest Brummiemag

Without Sky we would be no better than leagues such as the Eredivisie or Ligue 1.

The premier league must be one of the most over hyped products ever. David Gold was on Radio 5 earlier saying that it is best league that the world has ever known.

What a load of bollocks, its in Sky's interests to perpetuate this myth for obvious reasons - the reality is a totally predictable, uncompetitive league which is killing the domestic cup competitions, loads of dull games with most teams scraping around for bore draws and enough points to stay up

That will be us next season - what a treat to look forward to

Totally agree with this the above post.

The premier league is utter shit. It consists of the same top 4 clubs fighting for the title every single season while 16 other teams fight around for scraps. The whole league is money driven, totally and utterly money driven. Without an immense amount of financial backing no team outside the top 4 + City is ever going to get into the top 4 let ever challenge for the title again. Gold can be quiet tbh, what have West Ham ever got to look forward to? Trying to keep their head above water every season from now on, the best they can hope for is a mid of midtable mediocrity and if they're lucky and invest again more money they might qualify for a shitty European trophy that nobody seems to really care about these days anyway. The same goes for the majority of the league.

Best fucking league in the world my arse. Ok, the standard of football is the best around but so fuck, what have we got to look forward to as fans? in terms of the league, nothing really. The sooner the top 4 + Man City fuck off into a European super league the better, then we might actually have a competitive league again.

I don't watch loads of it but to me it seems that technically La Liga is far superior. Even the shit teams have footballers with excellent levels of skill and technique. They probably wouldn't get a look in at Premier League clubs outside the top four or five because they're not physical enough. :rolleyes:

Sky will eventually cripple football...if they havn't already. And after years of boring predictable tables and 'those teams scrapping around' for points fans will start to leave. Stadiums will be half empty (Ahem...Wigan. Ahem...Bolton) and SKY will pack up and leave. A few years later we may get football back to the days of 'proper fans'. Well it's a pipe dream but it might happen :smitten:

:mackems:

:idiot2:

Sky will eventually cripple football...if they havn't already. And after years of boring predictable tables and 'those teams scrapping around' for points fans will start to leave. Stadiums will be half empty (Ahem...Wigan. Ahem...Bolton) and SKY will pack up and leave. A few years later we may get football back to the days of 'proper fans'. Well it's a pipe dream but it might happen :smitten:

:mackems:

:idiot2:

You act like the Bolton/Wigan stadiums have ever been anything other than half-empty.

How profitable the PL is for Skysports at the end?

The Real Madrid and FC Barcelona contracts have since long been deficitary for their holders (satellite and cable have never taken hold in Spain, they are trying now with digital on-air TV which might work better)

Guest BooBoo

The armchairs always make their presence felt in these threads.

The real supporters though shafted again, I know folk that had booked flights for the saturday. Complete piss take.

I wouldn't have been going anyway so I'm glad it's now on TV. I am though well pissed off for the travellers who'll now miss out.

SKY will be doing their maths and watching the league table. I'd expect one or two games to be moved with about 3 weeks notice as the season closes. They'll want the 'moment' live. We are in the top 3 of the high viewing figures so for SKY its a 'selling advertising' bonanza considering the peanuts they pay Championship clubs in comparison to the Prem Clubs.

I think there should be a 30 day rule for game changes so everyone will then know there is a point where travel can be sorted and tickets purchased.

Ashley could do himself a favour by offering free transport to the game. It wouldn't cost him the earth to put a dozen buses on and would just about chip the surface in publicly giving something back.

Guest BooBoo

I wouldn't have been going anyway so I'm glad it's now on TV. I am though well pissed off for the travellers who'll now miss out.

SKY will be doing their maths and watching the league table. I'd expect one or two games to be moved with about 3 weeks notice as the season closes. They'll want the 'moment' live. We are in the top 3 of the high viewing figures so for SKY its a 'selling advertising' bonanza considering the peanuts they pay Championship clubs in comparison to the Prem Clubs.

I think there should be a 30 day rule for game changes so everyone will then know there is a point where travel can be sorted and tickets purchased.

Ashley could do himself a favour by offering free transport to the game. It wouldn't cost him the earth to put a dozen buses on and would just about chip the surface in publicly giving something back.

Good idea, would be a nice touch especially considering some of the big away followings we've taken round the country this season. Its time the fans got a little bit back.

Get in, I'm away for the weekend and I'm back Monday teatime so I can see it.

Seriously though, it's absolutely ludicrous.  The thing is that they know they can do it to us because of our fantastic away support.

I think there should be a 30 day rule for game changes so  everyone will then know there is a point where travel can be sorted and tickets purchased.

Good idea that Crumpy.

I was actually going to go to this, it isn't as far for me as it would be most but it's still a fucking mission from London to Plymouth. Got a mate from uni who's from there and a big fan and we were planning on heading down together.

Fucking shambles that they can do this. There's a non-stop shite advert reminding us what a fucking long way it is ffs, even dipmar knows this isn't on.

Guest Roger Kint

Very well written and restrained arguement put forward there.

I agree, only one attempt at backslapping is very restrained for them ;D

Without Sky we would be no better than leagues such as the Eredivisie or Ligue 1.

The premier league must be one of the most over hyped products ever. David Gold was on Radio 5 earlier saying that it is best league that the world has ever known.

What a load of bollocks, its in Sky's interests to perpetuate this myth for obvious reasons - the reality is a totally predictable, uncompetitive league which is killing the domestic cup competitions, loads of dull games with most teams scraping around for bore draws and enough points to stay up

That will be us next season - what a treat to look forward to

Couldn't agree more. It's a complete myth, best league  ;D Give me Germany any day, where fans are actually treated with respect. Modern football is shite.