Tempting fate - next year

Liam Liam Liam O
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cancel the loans then. Oh no, he cant because LLL says if we go bust that would mean hed lose the money. Odd, that he doesnt want to risk losing the money one minute but is apparently happy to never get it back the next.

We are no better off if he cancels the loans.  If things went badly then he would be our biggest creditor and because of that he would be entitled to get a share of whatever cash the club brought in, if he cancels the loans then he isn't.  We're no better off if he does cancel the loans than we are now with the loans that we're not paying back.  At least he has a little security as things stand now and he must deserve that, mustn't he?

Guest malandro

I understand that. What I don’t understand is this reluctance to accept that he might be looking to have the loans repaid out of any future profits the club might make. He’s not Mother Teresa.

I understand that. What I don’t understand is this reluctance to accept that he might be looking to have the loans repaid out of any future profits the club might make. He’s not Mother Teresa.

He hasn't taken a penny yet so why worry about something which hasn't happened and might never happen?

Where was she taking profits from?

The bitch is making profit from us?!?

YOU OLD, DEAD, ALBANIAN NUN, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!  :clap2:

Where was she taking profits from?

The bitch is making profit from us?!?

YOU OLD, DEAD, ALBANIAN NUN, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!  :clap2:

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone stupid enough to say 'I would rather go down than play poor football and stay up' where the fuck have you been the past 5 years? Wake up man we have been shocking to watch 95% of the time since Robson(and a few years before him too) and if we can stay up next year them maybe just maybe we can build and move on. We will never amount to anything taking the WBA approach. Yes our expectations have been drastically lowered, we all know why but I for one never want to see this bastard league again in my lifetime.

Fair enough but some teams have spent the last 10 years in that division staying up by any means possible. Theres no reason to assume it would be any different the following year or the year after that.

The longer we're back in the division the better it will be for us.  We've lost a fortune this season and that will take time to get over.  We'll not manage that in 1 season, it might take a couple.

More like ten years if Ashley uses any profits we make to start paying off his loans.

Speculation.

If we repay £15m a season it would take ten years to pay off the £150m he’s lent the club. How much profit do you think we’re going to be making?

No interest? Kind of him.

I can't possibly answer this question until August, circumstances could change drastically.

Even before strengthening the current squad we would probably have a decent chance of staying up. We've got to pick up more points than three teams from the two promoted Championship clubs and whoever doesn't get relegated from the Premiership this season I.e. the likes of Bolton, Burnley, Hull, Wolves, Wigan, Portsmouth, West Ham, Sunderland and Stoke.

With the players playing as a team this season for a manager they like and with relative stability off the pitch (unlike last season) it should be very possible. With the state of most football club's finances I can't imagine the teams I've mentioned doing any major squad strengthening. A lot of them will be getting rid of players to try to balance their books.

Guest malandro

Fair enough but some teams have spent the last 10 years in that division staying up by any means possible. Theres no reason to assume it would be any different the following year or the year after that.

The longer we're back in the division the better it will be for us.  We've lost a fortune this season and that will take time to get over.  We'll not manage that in 1 season, it might take a couple.

More like ten years if Ashley uses any profits we make to start paying off his loans.

Speculation.

If we repay £15m a season it would take ten years to pay off the £150m he’s lent the club. How much profit do you think we’re going to be making?

I can't possibly answer this question until August, circumstances could change drastically.

Not much point charging yourself interest, though there is an option to charge interest on the £100m loan. Presumably this was put in place in anticipation of the club being sold with its debts intact. Again, not the action of a man who isn’t looking to get his money back.

Guest malandro

He hasn't taken a penny yet so why worry about something which hasn't happened and might never happen?

Taking money out of the club and then loaning it money to cover the operating losses would be pointless.

Taking money out of the club and then loaning it money to cover the operating losses would be pointless.

Plenty have taken money out and saddled us with loans to cover it.

Voted yes but I don't see why we shouldn't be looking to achieve what Birmingham have this season. Tbh with a few decent signings we should survive comfortably considering the amount of crap teams in the bottom half of the prem, unfortunately a few decent signings has been wishful thinking in recent seasons.

Voted yes but I don't see why we shouldn't be looking to achieve what Birmingham have this season. Tbh with a few decent signings we should survive comfortably considering the amount of crap teams in the bottom half of the prem, unfortunately a few decent signings has been wishful thinking in recent seasons.

There aren't many newly promoted teams push on like Birmingham have. We have to be realistic and assume that its more likely we take the route of a struggling first season back.

Also, their upsurge in form coincided with a change of club ownership  :pow:

There aren't many newly promoted teams push on like Birmingham have. We have to be realistic and assume that its more likely we take the route of a struggling first season back.

Also, their upsurge in form coincided with a change of club ownership  :pow:

Although I agree, I just don't think I can bring myself to simply wish for safety. It just doesn't seem right  :weep:

Guest malandro

Plenty have taken money out and saddled us with loans to cover it.

But they weren’t borrowing money off themselves were they?

To make his money back off the club without selling, the way football clubs make money, he'd have to stay here until the day he dies :lol: And even then he'd probably only get half back

Speculation.

Not much point charging yourself interest, though there is an option to charge interest on the £100m loan. Presumably this was put in place in anticipation of the club being sold with its debts intact. Again, not the action of a man who isn’t looking to get his money back.

It would be wise of him to take over his own club.

There's no appreciable difference between 8th and 17th place, and we certainly haven't got a popsicle's chance in hell of making 7th, so yes the goal is no more than to stay up.

And I think we can do it O0

Seens this is a next season thread, who would you keep in the starting eleven next term? I don't think we're a massive way off being a Premier League side but a centre mid and a striker have to be top priorities.