Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

In the lower Milburn where theres loads of empty seats?

You're probably right, they'll be thinking do we put the scoreboard in the empty seats or do we put the scoreboard in that corner where they call me a fat cockney b******.  It will be a tough choice if they look at it that way.  :nope:

They could put the TV in the Leazes Corner and move the singing section into the lower Millburn.

How much are the tickets in the lower Milburn, & if they did it being moved would just give them another reason to complain.

Guest toonlass

Was there any need for the Ashley chants at 6-0?

Shows they’re not fickle though doesn’t it? That they’re not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldn’t even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

Was there any need for Dekker to accuse them of not being proper supporters? I have my reservations about overall benefits of the signing section but they get behind the team game in game out.

so not chanting about him is kissing his ring ?

as for getting behind the team quite alot of it is taking the piss out of the oppositions fans and starting anti ashley stuff. i personally like the gallowgate east stand corberes response when the kids start with the anti ashley stuff.......they start chanting "newcastle newcastle newcastle"

The "get out of our club" chants seemed to have stopped, thank fuck (and I am not an Ashley apologist by any stretch of the imagination), and the "I don't care about Ashley" chant is not really offensive is it compared to calling him a "fat cockney racist". There are plenty of people in Level 7 who don't sing anti-ashley songs, but when people are singing "stand up if you love the toon" and hardly anyone stands up in the lower leazes and milburn it is disheartening, especially as the Barnsley fans were taking the mick out of the rest of the ground not singing and making a noise today. I don't doubt that some of the Gallowgate makes some noise but we cannot hear it in the Leazes corner just like you say you can't hear us.

Shows theyre not fickle though doesnt it? That theyre not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldnt even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

Was there any need for Dekker to accuse them of not being proper supporters? I have my reservations about overall benefits of the signing section but they get behind the team game in game out.

6-0 up and singing about the owner rather than the team?

If theres one criticism that cant be levelled at the LC its that they dont back the team.

Didn't say that, did I?

So what point were you trying to make, that they can only sing about the owner when its 0-0?

Didn't say that either. You can read what I said, it's fairly straight forward.

Won't their be two?

Also I really hope no stadium reduction is needed and also no one's view of the pitch is impared by them.

Can you really see Ashley putting two new screens in and taking seats out to fit them in?, only if the sponsorship money outweighs the money that could be taken in by ticket sales.

Where will these TV's go?

Shows they’re not fickle though doesn’t it? That they’re not going to start kissing his ring just because we win a few games in a league we wouldn’t even be in of it wasn't for the  Ashley inspired disaster that was 08/09.

as for getting behind the team quite alot of it is taking the piss out of the oppositions fans and starting anti ashley stuff. i personally like the gallowgate east stand corberes response when the kids start with the anti ashley stuff.......they start chanting "newcastle newcastle newcastle"

this was noticeable on the radio and made me smile. We're stuck with the guy, we are top of the league and we are winning 6-0. Not the time or the place. All that said I wish llambias would shut the fuck up, BBC, sky and program notes repeating same thing and clearly having a bit of a dig, all so tit for tat

We don't need any new TV's or score boards, I don't want to see ugly TV's stuck around the stadium taking up seats. We all know what the score is, and by the little clocks in the corner, and the dozen clocks we all have on our phones, iPods etc we all know what time it is and how longs left, if score updates are so bad then put them on the screen that shows advertisements like they do at half time, if you want to see replays wait untill MOTD or whatever is on later is on, or go into the cocourse, f*** off with f***ing our stadium up, it's bad enough that we have s*** Direct up on the Gallowgate and the name is being changed.

We don't care about Scoreboards

We don't care about TVs

All we care about is NUFC

The "get out of our club" chants seemed to have stopped, thank f*** (and I am not an Ashley apologist by any stretch of the imagination), and the "I don't care about Ashley" chant is not really offensive is it compared to calling him a "fat cockney racist". There are plenty of people in Level 7 who don't sing anti-ashley songs, but when people are singing "stand up if you love the toon" and hardly anyone stands up in the lower leazes and milburn it is disheartening, especially as the Barnsley fans were taking the mick out of the rest of the ground not singing and making a noise today. I don't doubt that some of the Gallowgate makes some noise but we cannot hear it in the Leazes corner just like you say you can't hear us.

all we tend to hear (which i guess is what the majority join with from level 7) is "your support is fucking shit" which was thankfully missing from the repetoire today and the "fat cockney bastard" song.

has to be said aswell today, for all barnsley brought a good following we didn't hear one peep from them.

They could put the TV in the Leazes Corner and move the singing section into the lower Millburn.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if anybody had the balls to suggest that one. :lol:

Derek, we need a couple of scoreboards but I have no idea where to put them.

Mike, lets put them in the top corner where they call you a fat bastard.

Good idea Derek, where do we put the people from the corner.

Let's put them in the empty seats in the lower Milburn.

Derek, you're sacked.

Guest toonlass

The "get out of our club" chants seemed to have stopped, thank f*** (and I am not an Ashley apologist by any stretch of the imagination), and the "I don't care about Ashley" chant is not really offensive is it compared to calling him a "fat cockney racist". There are plenty of people in Level 7 who don't sing anti-ashley songs, but when people are singing "stand up if you love the toon" and hardly anyone stands up in the lower leazes and milburn it is disheartening, especially as the Barnsley fans were taking the mick out of the rest of the ground not singing and making a noise today. I don't doubt that some of the Gallowgate makes some noise but we cannot hear it in the Leazes corner just like you say you can't hear us.

all we tend to hear (which i guess is what the majority join with from level 7) is "your support is fucking shit" which was thankfully missing from the repetoire today and the "fat cockney bastard" song.

has to be said aswell today, for all barnsley brought a good following we didn't hear one peep from them.

Really? I personally think we sang the "ooooh Colocinni" song louder than anything else today

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if anybody had the balls to suggest that one. :lol:

Derek, we need a couple of scoreboards but I have no idea where to put them.

Mike, lets put them in the top corner where they call you a fat bastard.

Good idea Derek, where do we put the people from the corner.

Let's put them in the empty seats in the lower Milburn right next to us.

Derek, you're sacked.

I was genuinely gutted we failed to keep a clean sheet. How daft?

actually felt sorry for their sub keeper by the end, not sure if he managed a real save

The Beeb's official stats are fantastic reading. We only had 5 shots on target apparently :lol:

1 of the goals was a header.

I think it's more a case of penalties not counting as a shot, still confused me initially when I glanced at them.

Nor do headers, but were both probs right, with us having one shot on target that didn't go in.

what? Of course headers count as shots on goal! What would make you think otherwise?

Guest The_Scoreboard

all we tend to hear (which i guess is what the majority join with from level 7) is "your support is f***ing s***" which was thankfully missing from the repetoire today and the "fat cockney b******" song.

it was sang loads of times actually. TBH everyone can sing whatever they want as far as i am concerned, but 'get out of our club' seemed to be sung as a piss take today - I still find it baffling when hundreds of fans are leaving with ten minutes to go and we are 6-0/6-1 up. f*cks me right off when they stand at the railings in front of me and block half the pitch.

We don't need any new TV's or score boards, I don't want to see ugly TV's stuck around the stadium taking up seats. We all know what the score is, and by the little clocks in the corner, and the dozen clocks we all have on our phones, iPods etc we all know what time it is and how longs left, if score updates are so bad then put them on the screen that shows advertisements like they do at half time, if you want to see replays wait untill MOTD or whatever is on later is on, or go into the cocourse, f*** off with f***ing our stadium up, it's bad enough that we have s*** Direct up on the Gallowgate and the name is being changed.

We don't care about Scoreboards

We don't care about TVs

All we care about is NUFC

This. I'd be amazed if there has ever been that much support for TV's in the ground. I apreciate that it could pull in some extra revenue, but they just seem tacky to me.

If its for the World Cup, just get something temporary rigged up.

Guest Geordiekev

Well I'm over the moon to see the sheer delight on the face of Jonas and to see him continue applauding the fans even after the ball was back in play, he clearly  :smitten: being here and it was so obvious how much that goal meant to him and us.

Far better than his last when he had read all the negative crap on the boards/forums and got himself down, the bloke is a total class act.

Ashley chants were pretty pathetic today and seemed as though they had exhausted everything and the "get out of our club" was the only thing that sprung to mind, great to hear it drown itself out at it's first attempt, just proves their are still a few sheep knocking about in the ground, but also kinda backs DL comments up about it being a minority chanting, good on the rest who killed it off with a different chant..

The midget was funny as fook lol, as was the ballboy who thought he was at a swan diving comp, Carroll was insisting that the goal was his! did he get a touch? ...

Roll on the smoggs..

Are you having games for the Olympics at SJP?

Sorry, brain spaz, I meant the World cup 2018.

"Installation of the screens this summer will also give the city’s bid to be a host city in the World Cup 2018 a boost, meeting FIFA’s criteria."

/....or maybe I did mean the Olympics after all, cheers Madras. :lol:

Are you having games for the Olympics at SJP?

(Taking into account BottleDogs question)

If England wins the bid in December then yes we will.

For the Olympics we will host some games.

We will also host games in the 2015 Rugby World Cup aswell.

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

he's not off the hook. i've always objected to singing it during the match at anytime. before or after is ok if you want to.

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

He's not off the hook and I think he clearly understands that some people don't want him at the club.  We're top of the league and the last person on my mind at that time was Ashley.  People are getting sick of hearing the Ashley songs now.  We're going up and some people are willing to see what happens from now as we can't go back in time and change anything, we can only try to change the future for the better.

If we are winning 6-0 you have to be a determinedly miserable bastard to moan about Ashley instead of enjoying a great result. Can't think of a worse time to do it myself.

If we are winning 6-0 you have to be a determinedly miserable bastard to moan about Ashley instead of enjoying a great result. Can't think of a worse time to do it myself.

:thup:

Guest toonlass

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting shite at Ashley.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

hey blef....was farty man farting today ?