Champions League

Guest neesy111

The CL anytime. Great clubs are remembered for their European dominance. And if for some reason people think winning the PL is harder than winning the CL, ask Chelsea.

But by that same tune you can say "Ask Liverpool" and it'd shit entirely on your point.

Different teams are suited to different competitions. Winning the league = consistent high performances, winning that CL doesn't represent that at all.

Man U - Bayern should be fun to watch, so long as you pay no attention to the build up and have the TV on mute the whole game through.

The Barcenal game is gonna be tasty too, hope to fuck they're not on the same night.

Two teams I really didn't want to face, Barca and Inter and to get to the final we'll have to play both, jesus christ. Can't wait to see Thierry on the pitch again though :smitten:

Man U having a bye to the final - gay.

One from Barca/Inter/Arsenal in the final -  good stuff.

It is a sad state of affairs when one considers a match against Bayern Munich ansd then against the teams that have won Ligue 1 for eight years running as a bye. The fact of the matter is that both will be difficult to navigate for Man U, imo. Bayern and Lyon are good sides with experience in the competition, while it seems Bordeaux have saved their best football for Europe.

It is a sad state of affairs when one considers a match against Bayern Munich ansd then against the teams that have won Ligue 1 for eight years running as a bye. The fact of the matter is that both will be difficult to navigate for Man U, imo. Bayern and Lyon are good sides with experience in the competition, while it seems Bordeaux have saved their best football for Europe.

Bordeaux also have nigh on the best defence this season in the competition along with one chance one goal Chamakh i think they could provide a stern test for Manure and almost certainly will progress ahead of Lyon!

Solid team Bordeaux with the likes of Plasil(Who has scored in every competition he has played this season) and Wendel who has excelled in the champions league and then obviously Cavenaghi and Gourcuff. I could see them taking Manure. Henrique and Ciani are also very solid unfortunately Diarra will be a massive miss for them!

I was joking in considering it a 'bye', but genuinely they've gotten an absolutely piss easy side of the draw.

Bayern haven't pulled up trees all tournament and should genuinely already be out. Both French sides would be reasonably hard game but I honestly can't see them losing. I'd love them to get beat and for a French side to make the final I just can't see it at all. It's a sad state of affairs I agree but Man U are an absolute class above them 3 teams.

Man Utd will brush Bordeaux or Lyon aside providing Rooney/Ferdinand/Vidic are fit. Looking forward to their games with Bayern more than the Arsenal/Barca games to be honest. Can see the latter being 180 mins of pretty traingles but not much goal action.

Man Utd will brush Bordeaux or Lyon aside providing Rooney/Ferdinand/Vidic are fit. Looking forward to their games with Bayern more than the Arsenal/Barca games to be honest. Can see the latter being 180 mins of pretty traingles but not much goal action.

I can't really see Arsenal being able to defend Barca for 180 minutes. Chelsea and Man U have done it pretty well, but Arsenal have nowhere near their defensive discipline and Wenger will probaly not tell his boys to stay back. Really, I can't think of any part of the game Arsenal are superior in, especially if they are going into that match with Bendtner and Eduardo as their only strikers still.

I can't really see Arsenal being able to defend Barca for 180 minutes. Chelsea and Man U have done it pretty well, but Arsenal have nowhere near their defensive discipline and Wenger will probaly not tell his boys to stay back. Really, I can't think of any part of the game Arsenal are superior in, especially if they are going into that match with Bendtner and Eduardo as their only strikers still.

Barca should beat Arsenal relatively comfortably, I'm just not a massive fan of both their styles of play. Much prefer direct, quick attacking football rather than slow intricate build up.

Small chance RvP will be back for the second leg, but we have BGB(Big Game Bendtner) it's fine!

I really do believe we could qualify, Big Sol could just sit on Messi for 180 minutes?

Thierry :smitten:

Sol Campbell :lol: :lol:

Listen, if you play the big bumbling grandfather against the Barca attack for two legs then the Barca boys will spell A-R-S-E-N-A-L over the two legs.

It's all your opinion, Diablo, but there is nothing slow about the way Barca play. Sometimes they play very slow in the neutral areas of the pitch, but their play in the attacking zone is sharp and crisp.

Bollocks. Sol Campbell has been faultless since he has been back and played in pretty much ever game. I know it's different playing against Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink over Messi/Henry/Pedro/Ibrahimovic but still, he's good! And will do a good job when he plays.

I genuinely believe we could beat them over both legs!

Guest kingdawson

Bollocks. Sol Campbell has been faultless since he has been back and played in pretty much ever game. I know it's different playing against Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink over Messi/Henry/Pedro/Ibrahimovic but still, he's good! And will do a good job when he plays.

I genuinely believe we could beat them over both legs!

Earth calling Ash, Sol Campbell vs Messi? It will end up like a crime scene. Sol will end up battered and bruised like a rape victim.

Your best bet is to pray every day for Gallas to return by then (which tbh will make no difference as Barca will still dismantle you).