Bristol City 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/03/10 - post match reaction from p26

Dave

Second half today affirms that Jonas, Enrique, Carroll, Guthrie, Colo have improved as players, and are definitely top 6 - 10 players next year. With Barton and Taylor that's a fairly decent spine to work around.

Second half today affirms that Jonas, Enrique, Carroll, Guthrie, Colo have improved as players, and are definitely top 6 - 10 players next year. With Barton and Taylor that's a fairly decent spine to work around.

Steady on. :laugh:

Pretty shocking for seventy minutes, Jonas (who I'm a massive fan of) didn't look interested until he scored. Nolan was anonymous, Harper made a pretty poor error, Simpson was disappointing (another player I don't overly criticise), Guthrie's passing and delivery was a bit all over the place and the front two were fed scraps. But yeah, a decent point considering everything. Enrique was probably head and shoulders our best player today in my opinion, and even he didn't look 100% fit.

You mean Top 6 in the Championship?

Careful.

Pisses me off when Jonas has those patches of being just a terror, running at players and looking for the ball to be played to him all the time.

You wonder why the f*** he doesn't do it all the time.

Erm, because he'd be f***ing knackered after 10 minutes perhaps?

Nah man, remember that game at Old Trafford in his debut.

That was pretty much what he did, and it was awesome.

Take it you just watched the highlights then?

Nobody can sprint for 90 minutes, it's not possible. Sure he had a great debut, and we all want him to have more end product but he needs a breather between running at the opposition.

Pretty shocking for seventy minutes, Jonas (who I'm a massive fan of) didn't look interested until he scored. Nolan was anonymous, Harper made a pretty poor error, Simpson was disappointing (another player I don't overly criticise), Guthrie's passing and delivery was a bit all over the place and the front two were fed scraps. But yeah, a decent point considering everything. Enrique was probably head and shoulders our best player today in my opinion, and even he didn't look 100% fit.

Guthrie suffers, I think, from Gary Speed syndrome: having to do the work of a half-arsed central midfield partner. Especially away from home.

Pisses me off when Jonas has those patches of being just a terror, running at players and looking for the ball to be played to him all the time.

Nobody can sprint for 90 minutes, it's not possible. Sure he had a great debut, and we all want him to have more end product but he needs a breather between running at the opposition.

The point is moreso that he doesn't do it anywhere near enough.

First half today he didn't get up to much at all.

Careful.

To be fair, if we signed Casillas, Maicon, Ronaldo and Aguero to play the other 4 spots he'd probably be right.

The point is moreso that he doesn't do it anywhere near enough.

First half today he didn't get up to much at all.

Will agree with you on that. He really upped his game after he scored, but then to be fair so did everyone.

If he, or indeed any of the others had a bit more nous about them for the first 70 minutes (Or the first 93 minutes for Best) we'd have had a much better chance of coming away with all 3.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Harper 6

Simpson 6

Coloccini 6.5

Hall 6.5

Enrique 8

Routledge 6

Guthrie 7

Nolan 6

Gutierrez 7.5

Carroll 7

Best 5

Subs:

Kadar 6.5

You're pretty generous. Out of interest what did Nolan do to be rated a 6?

Careful.

I'm basing it more on the last few games rather than today. But I thought over the whole 90 minutes today this wasn't the best performance, but they turned it round in the end. We're going to need a lot of players next year who don't give up when we're two goals down, because, lets face it, its going to happen a lot.

Harper 6

Simpson 6

Coloccini 6.5

Hall 6.5

Enrique 8

Routledge 6

Guthrie 7

Nolan 6

Gutierrez 7.5

Carroll 7

Best 5

Subs:

Kadar 6.5

Being kind to Jonas like.. aye he got a goal but 1st half and early on in the 2nd he was shocking.

Guest fraser

We all know that we were on a hiding to nothing in this game. Plucky City, having just lost their manager, had nothing to lose and played like it; next week they'll struggle. This was typical of our games this season versus the plucky underdog and we could have and should have won it. I think we have a team with sufficient quality to get promoted and stay up next season.