Fight/bust up at the training ground?

binnsy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's disappointing is that despite the club have decided to keep this in house so as to not affect the promotion campaign, the local press and local sports writers who said that might be the case seem intent on cobbling together stories intent on doing exactly that.

to be fair they could see it as sweeping s*** under the carpet. in any other business/industry we'd say it stinks.

I don't know many industries or businesses that will shoot themselves in the foot to please a few headline writers.

no. i mean the journalist would see nufc keeping it in house as sweeping it under the carpet, like catholic churchmen molesting kids or chemical spills. if we keep quiet it may just be forgotten about.

The same journalists will be tearing us to shreds if we don't get promotion.

win win for the journo

They do their jobs, the club have to do theirs.

and we hopefully be honest with ourselves.

do you think it would have been treat differently had taylor been playing and in form and we werent relying on caroll ? i do

No, exactly the same. The clubs and Hughtons primary responsibility is to the success of the team, not be part of the story if avoidable, or to display a strong reaction for the the benefit of media or supporter curiosity.

Let the internal investigation and any external investigations assess the facts and dictate the futures of the players involved. If the facts have not been establised, then let that run its course. If they have then the silence should be welcomed even more as it would suggest that all parties are willing to put it in the past.

do you think if caroll had done this at any other club most on here would have been scathing ? i do.

would the same people have slagged off carrolls club for doing what nufc are ? i think so.

The people who tend to jump to to conclusions without being in full possession of the facts were always likely to wade in. If it were another club, yes the criticism I suppose would be even greater, and we'd probably take the opportunity to slag the 'offending' club off royaly as well (as we would for any little thing).

Some years ago a football manager of great experience expressed his concern at what passed for dressing-room banter in the modern game.

'There has always been mickey-taking,' he said. 'It was no different when I played. This is not the same, though. They say stuff about people's wives, their girlfriends, who earns what, really nasty, personal remarks. Some of the boys can handle it better than others. It's too near the mark. It's all meant to be a laugh, but it doesn't seem very funny to me.'

I was reminded of these comments while reading of the fight between Andy Carroll and Steven Taylor at Newcastle United. It started as a wind-up, pay packets were mentioned and then text messages to a girl. It ended with Taylor nursing a broken jaw. Can't take a joke, some people.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1261397/MARTIN-SAMUEL-David-Sullivan-missed-cue-axe-Gianfranco-Zola-knows-it.html#ixzz0jWKcuDl0

Some classic footage on: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1260019/VIDEO-SPECIAL-As-Newcastle-erupts-civil-war-Sportsmail-remembers-best-training-ground-bust-ups.html

Guest Heneage

Some years ago a football manager of great experience expressed his concern at what passed for dressing-room banter in the modern game.

'There has always been mickey-taking,' he said. 'It was no different when I played. This is not the same, though. They say stuff about people's wives, their girlfriends, who earns what, really nasty, personal remarks. Some of the boys can handle it better than others. It's too near the mark. It's all meant to be a laugh, but it doesn't seem very funny to me.'

Same in any team that, I've played in sides where you just know who you can and can't have a joke with.

so................wayne rooney twats jonny evans and breaks his jaw.

what does Fergie do?

does rooney already have a caution for assault and is he up soon for glassing someone ?

Probably, yeah

Guest guinness_fiend

Legal view of Newcastle United bust-up

the bust-up between Taylor and Carroll, which is said to have happened in an ice-bath

:lol:  He's one of my best mates, and a mackem! Had no idea he was on the Sunday Sun's payroll.

:hom:

Maybe Taylor had his eye on the wrong type of ball...

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/oct2009/7/6/newcastle-united-s-steven-taylor-learns-a-few-judo-moves-from-eight-year-old-ben-chandler-187871058.jpg

Everybody saying Sir Bob was loosing control with certain players, then in my opinion Hughton certainly has.

How could Hughton have stopped this? :lol:

Not really about stopping the fight but a sever reprimand would have been the solution.

Steven Taylor is nowt but a brown-nosing bell-end who's found out (however innocent he might be in this case) his disingenuous playing to the crowd hasn't left him as popular as he thought it had.

Fans, on the whole, prefer performances on the pitch over paper talk, which is why Carroll's goal haul this season has won him a lot more fans than all the talking Taylor (and his dad) does in the press about how much he loves the club and what it owes him.

Everybody saying Sir Bob was loosing control with certain players, then in my opinion Hughton certainly has.

Not really about stopping the fight but a sever reprimand would have been the solution.

In what form?

Guest jonlane86

In what form?

Fine Carroll 2 weeks wages and drop him to the reserves for a month.  You've got Ameobi, Ranger and Lovenkrands and we're 12 points away from being promoted IF Forest win all of their games.  9 points if we beat Forest tonight.  You do that it shows Carroll what he did was wrong and that he's not a shoe-in for the first team no matter what his actions are.  By playing him it doesn't reprimand his actions one bit and it wont defer him from doing it in future.  Hitting him in the pocket wont hurt him hugely, but if you drop him and others succeed whilst he's not in the side (which they would) then it hurts his ego, which is what he needs.

Guest toonlass

In what form?

Fine Carroll 2 weeks wages and drop him to the reserves for a month.  You've got Ameobi, Ranger and Lovenkrands and we're 12 points away from being promoted IF Forest win all of their games.  9 points if we beat Forest tonight.  You do that it shows Carroll what he did was wrong and that he's not a shoe-in for the first team no matter what his actions are.  By playing him it doesn't reprimand his actions one bit and it wont defer him from doing it in future.  Hitting him in the pocket wont hurt him hugely, but if you drop him and others succeed whilst he's not in the side (which they would) then it hurts his ego, which is what he needs.

So with Lovenkrands and Shola out injurred you want Hughton to drop an in-form Carroll for Leon Best (who has looked crap since we signed him) and an 18 year old who, if rumours are to believed, has been making a prick of himself off the field and being all "Billy Big Balls" with his former youth team colleagues and who has scored only twice? You want Hughton to make a stand at the expense of the team and possibly risk our promotion. Give your head a shake man.

In what form?

Deny ourselves the striker that's scored 10 goals in 11 games to put us in the position you describe when no complaint has been lodged and no charges made?

Do that to a 21 year old kid in the best form of his life, when he's improving and gaining confidence at a greater rate than he has or will at any time in his career.  Even though we refused to do it to Barton either before or after he was jailed.  An older, supposedly wiser, more senior squad member with more previous.  After nowt happened to Dyer or Bowyer or Shearer?

When Liverpool did nothing of the sort to Steven gerrard who had been charged.

Man City have done nowt to Michael Johnson.

Birmingham did nowt like that to Pennant.

Arsenal did nowt like that to Adams.

In a corrupt world I respect your moral stance, but with a precedent set over and over again in the past I cannot see why we should start trying to turn the tide.  All i care about is winning tonight so I'll welcome Carroll onto the pitch.

In what form?

Deny ourselves the striker that's scored 10 goals in 11 games to put us in the position you describe when no complaint has been lodged and no charges made?

Do that to a 21 year old kid in the best form of his life, when he's improving and gaining confidence at a greater rate than he has or will at any time in his career.  Even though we refused to do it to Barton either before or after he was jailed.  An older, supposedly wiser, more senior squad member with more previous.  After nowt happened to Dyer or Bowyer or Shearer?

When Liverpool did nothing of the sort to Steven gerrard who had been charged.

Man City have done nowt to Michael Johnson.

Birmingham did nowt like that to Pennant.

Arsenal did nowt like that to Adams.

In a corrupt world I respect your moral stance, but with a precedent set over and over again in the past I cannot see why we should start trying to turn the tide.  All i care about is winning tonight so I'll welcome Carroll onto the pitch.

I hope Carroll destroys Forest tonight. If he gives their centre back a good battering all the better.

what does Fergie do?

does rooney already have a caution for assault and is he up soon for glassing someone ?

so are we basing this punishemnt on what has gone on previously, both incidents which took place outside of the club? or on this alone?

what does Fergie do?

so are we basing this punishemnt on what has gone on previously, both incidents which took place outside of the club? or on this alone?

we are basing it on the way we would if he were anyone else. if it were jimmy down the street and he's found to be the aggressorof this latest incident you'd be screaming for him to be put away for at least a year.

Steven Taylor is nowt but a brown-nosing bell-end who's found out (however innocent he might be in this case) his disingenuous playing to the crowd hasn't left him as popular as he thought it had.

Fans, on the whole, prefer performances on the pitch over paper talk, which is why Carroll's goal haul this season has won him a lot more fans than all the talking Taylor (and his dad) does in the press about how much he loves the club and what it owes him.

Were you calling Taylor earlier this season when he was hardly putting a foot wrong? His "performances on the pitch" this season can't be questioned.

As for players wanting what they feel they're owed, why do you think Carroll changed his agent last year other than to ultimately negotiate him a big fat pay rise?

Were you calling Taylor earlier this season when he was hardly putting a foot wrong? His "performances on the pitch" this season can't be questioned.

As for players wanting what they feel they're owed, why do you think Carroll changed his agent last year other than to ultimately negotiate him a big fat pay rise?

i dont really get what taylors playing to the crowd is either ?

I've been calling Taylor for 5 years mate  :snod:

...and I've never seen Carroll lamenting his situation in the papers once.