Doncaster Rovers 0 - 1 Newcastle - 23/03/10 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Surprised at the criticism of Butt's selection when the team was announced although it was entirely predictable.

With that back four (only one first choice in position), away to an in form side, a holding protective midfielder was a good call and with Smith out it had to be Butt.

However when the one first choice defender is Colo then you still have every chance of defending well, that said TK looks like a very able stand in - he could become a great defender in time for us.

Credit,again, to Carroll for a match winning goal despite what had preceded the match and great credit to Hughton and his backroom staff for a very good result.

Sets Monday night up very nicely. A huge game.

Oh and Ryan Taylor's booking was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.  Ridiculous.

I forgot about that - the guy taking the corner, booted the ball off Taylor, whilst he was still lying on the ground.  Nolan wasn't too happy with him either.

Did anyone see the Harry Potter 'lookalike'?  Kid with dark hair and glasses selling programmes and we were shouting 'There's only one Harry Potter' and 'Harry, Harry gies a wave' - he did in the end :D

Guest Geordiesned

Forgot about Taylor's booking. Complete joke. He was pushed over to start with and should have had a free kick but the ref gave a corner and then their lad just booted it straight at him and the ref booked Taylor for not being 10 yards! Complete disgrace.

Guest Phil K

Kadar coming on leaps and bounds.

Excellent.

Did anyone see the Harry Potter 'lookalike'?  Kid with dark hair and glasses selling programmes and we were shouting 'There's only one Harry Potter' and 'Harry, Harry gies a wave' - he did in the end :D

What our away support is justifiably famous for.

Good humour.

Your first couple of paragraphs match up to the story I heard, and one of the rags tells - ST gauging support and boasting about women and his bigger pay, and Carroll hitting first.

Doesn't take away the seriousness, but typical mouthy lads - i have no doubt ST will be looking for the chance to land one on Carroll too sometime in the future.

These lads aren't the brightest buttons on the tray after all. They'd lose an argument with their breakfasts.

Excellent to see Kadar coming on, just hope the Premierleague doesn't come too soon for him.

I wouldn't have too many worries for him mate. Huntington and Ramage played in plenty of games at that level between them and I think Kadar looks a far better prospect than those two. He looks to me like he'll relish it.

Guest Phil K

Excellent to see Kadar coming on, just hope the Premierleague doesn't come too soon for him.

What delights me about him, he's willing to try the unexpected now. The rocket shot at Bristol, and one or two moves here.

Confidence is spiralling upwards it seems. :D

Guest Rey Mysterio

Harper needs dropping he was shite last night. Simpson needs putting down. I'd of rather had Harry Potter at left back, or right back for that matter. Colo fantastic again, Kadar was our only other decent player on the night. Credit to the team as a whole though for grinding out a win.

Harper needs dropping he was s**** last night. Simpson needs putting down. I'd of rather had Harry Potter at left back, or right back for that matter. Colo fantastic again, Kadar was our only other decent player on the night. Credit to the team as a whole though for grinding out a win.

aye righto.

Harper needs dropping he was shite last night. Simpson needs putting down. I'd of rather had Harry Potter at left back, or right back for that matter. Colo fantastic again, Kadar was our only other decent player on the night. Credit to the team as a whole though for grinding out a win.

To blame for a couple of the goals. :nods:

We won 1-0.

???

Harper needs dropping he was s**** last night. Simpson needs putting down. I'd of rather had Harry Potter at left back, or right back for that matter. Colo fantastic again, Kadar was our only other decent player on the night. Credit to the team as a whole though for grinding out a win.

We won 1-0.

???

he knows. pointing out the silliness of the bold. harper had a decent game but his kicking was crap.

Did anyone have a good view of their offside?  The highlights on the TV are shit and don't show wether it was really offside or not.

Obviously its not important now, but I just want to know :)

We won 1-0.

???

he knows. pointing out the silliness of the bold. harper had a decent game but his kicking was crap.

Sorry, whoosh etc etc.

We won 1-0.

???

Sorry, whoosh etc etc.

:lol:

We won 1-0.

???

On't radio they were speculating that Harper was told to kick first time. Just hoof it out, don't try to control.

I dunno.