MLS 2010

Kaizero

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I have to agree with Cubaricho on this.

LA has a larger Latino population and is culturally much more of a "soccer city" than New York. LA doesn't even have an American Football team... NYC has two.

LA has had plenty of NFL teams, they just keep moving away.  >:D Agree that it'd make sense due to the Latino population, though I guess you'd want to believe the Italian Pop of NYC would be interested.

well either that or 'the new york celtics' for all the irish-american types in NY might do alright

Yeah, naming a team after the Basketball team from the city of New Yorks blood rival in all sports probably won't win over your average Knicks and Yankees fan.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pre-Match 'trailer' was fucking awesome. Was like some sort of Movie/Wrestling promo. Jon Busch makes me laugh to, its like people don't realise he's 5'8" or something and keep shooting low. HARD AND HIGH INTO THE CORNERS!

San Jose wins! :celb:

Very kind of you (they're partners with Spurs)!

Aye, didn't let it put me off ;) I just support because their nearest to the Bay Area, which gets the majority of my support when it comes to American sports.

Guest Heneage

This league is crying out for a clinical striker. So many players are good technically but can't score to save their lives. I also expected more from the N'kufo Montero partnership, the latter looks really poor whenever I've seen him.

This league is crying out for a clinical striker. So many players are good technically but can't score to save their lives. I also expected more from the N'kufo Montero partnership, the latter looks really poor whenever I've seen him.

That problem has plagued the US in general forever. The MLS reflects this oddly, even with the influx of imports. It is a league (and country) of goalkeepers and midfielders.

Guest Heneage

It's not really just a finisher either the movement of a striker, too many of Beckham's crosses fizz across because his attackers don't make the moves, an LA side with N'kufo would be lethal.

On another note Gonzalez looks like he has potential, good size on him just needs some training, a Dutch or Belgian club could do him wonders.

As for Seattle, they need a defensive leader, a captain at the back to organize and lead them and then someone in the middle with some craft or creativity, Elano springs to mind that player that doesn't have a position he just drifts towards the ball. Do they play 4-3-3? I think that's what they are trying the problem is the top 3 is either inverted triangle meaning N'kufo is useless or Montero and Zakuani get too far ahead, they should be looking to play one two's in and around the box with him to exploit the space in behind a deep LA defence.