Sunderland...

Heron

I really hope they'll get bored soon, but I can't see it happening before they've bought some trophies.

Me either. But the alternative is to see the established few continue to win season in season out. Wind back the clock to the SJH days pre-floatation and the money we spent to be able to challenge.  What do you think other clubs fans were saying then? 

Only difference now is the amount of money it takes to actually catch up.  Ourselves and Blackburn did the same thing just in a different era.

The real difference IMO is the element of risk.  We took a risk in order to strive for success, there's nowt wrong with that and to a large degree we've paid for that risk.  I'm sure a lot of fans were pissed off about it at the time, but no doubt they've been equally happy too see us held back by the same thing that gave us that chance of success.  Man City have no risk, just an unlimited amount of free money to buy inevitable success (if you can call it that..), there's a big difference IMO.

With the recent signings I've gone from hoping teams around us lose to believing we can get the points necessary without having to rely on 3 teams sinking without trace below us, so I'm not too bothered about their win.

Some great results already in the Prem, probably the most interesting start to the league for some time imo.

Helps we're competitive like, but even so, so much undecided, so much that could happen.

Great result for Sunderland, can't be denied.

Three games in, 4 points and still not a goal from open play. City were fucking awful today for everything thats been spent there. But, if they don't put the ball in the net (how the fuck did scar face miss the open goal?) these things will happen. It was a deffo pen.

I really hope they'll get bored soon, but I can't see it happening before they've bought some trophies.

Me either. But the alternative is to see the established few continue to win season in season out. Wind back the clock to the SJH days pre-floatation and the money we spent to be able to challenge.  What do you think other clubs fans were saying then? 

Only difference now is the amount of money it takes to actually catch up.  Ourselves and Blackburn did the same thing just in a different era.

The real difference IMO is the element of risk.  We took a risk in order to strive for success, there's nowt wrong with that and to a large degree we've paid for that risk.  I'm sure a lot of fans were pissed off about it at the time, but no doubt they've been equally happy too see us held back by the same thing that gave us that chance of success.  Man City have no risk, just an unlimited amount of free money to buy inevitable success (if you can call it that..), there's a big difference IMO.

We didn't take a risk, SJH did. At that time there was seemingly no risk for us with a millionaire benefactor. Now you need a billionaire benefactor.

The only things changed is e amount of money being spent.

Risk

The money was borrowed by the club not SJH, the debt was left on the club not SJH.  Again the club borrowed money and took a risk, the fact that we're now skint is due to those risks.

If you still think the only difference between us mid ninties and Man City is the amount of money spent then obviously I'm not going to get through to you.

Guest localhero87

I've got no problem with city to be honest, not sure where the have comes from. Certainly wouldn't support the Mackems against them.

MONEY MONEY MONEY...and the jealousy that the haters' own clubs dont have it. Thats where the hate comes from.

What a load of bollocks :lol:

entirely true.

Guest localhero87

City are living proof that money can't buy you success.

They won't win anything (league, cup, Europa League) this season, I'll stick my neck out and say that.

I think the opposite. Theyve actually proven that money is all you need to be a big club. 4 years ago they had Bernado Corradi and Samaras upfront and Barton was their only decent player as they struggled to stay up.

They WILL win trophies. Lots of them. Its only a matter of time. I would actually stick my neck out and say they WILL win one this season.

Sunderland message board; thread started that Gyan was spotted at Newcastle Airport...

Why is he at Newcastle airport? The f***er had better not sign for the Scum  :angry:

:rolleyes: ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are they expecting him to go to Sunderland International Airport like?

Sunderland message board; thread started that Gyan was spotted at Newcastle Airport...

Why is he at Newcastle airport? The fucker had better not sign for the Scum  :angry:

Thats another Mackem muppet that uses Manchester Airport instead of Newcastle airport just because of the name, regardless of the fact that Sunderland city council own a greater percentage of the airport then Newcastle city council. Also he must go by the theory that all people coming into Sunderland from a different country must use a different airport despite Newcastle international being the closest airport.

Or he could just be a SMB wind up merchant?

Guest BooBoo

Gyan had a good world cup but his scoring record is pretty so-so at club level. Certainly a gamble for the Human Teddy Bear, especially if its the near the reported £10million mark.

Guest neesy111

They won't win anything (league, cup, Europa League) this season, I'll stick my neck out and say that.

I think the opposite. Theyve actually proven that money is all you need to be a big club. 4 years ago they had Bernado Corradi and Samaras upfront and Barton was their only decent player as they struggled to stay up.

They WILL win trophies. Lots of them. Its only a matter of time. I would actually stick my neck out and say they WILL win one this season.

They finished 8th a few seasons back, and £250M spent since then has got them to 5th.  I would call that a failure.

Guest BooBoo

Their undoing will be their relentless impatience. If a player (or manager for that matter) isnt a hit straight away, they will be falling over themselves to bring in a bigger more expensive version. No team can really thrive under such pressure. I think they'll lose out on a top four spot again this year.

They finished 8th a few seasons back, and £250M spent since then has got them to 5th.   I would call that a failure.

:icon_puke_r:

Guest neesy111

Why is he at Newcastle airport? The f***er had better not sign for the Scum  :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are they expecting him to go to Sunderland International Airport like?

They do have an airport, just it's used as a museum now.  It's right next to Nissan.

That's pretty special, that is. :lol:

Maybe they're expecting him to get there by train?