Sunderland...

Heron

Guest toonlass

Some nice arrogance being shown by Newcastle fans ahead of the Derby,keep it coming lads. :lol:

You are kidding right?

I got an unsolicited tweet from someone who I have never had contact with before called Vital Sunderland the other day who said something along the lines of "Newcastle will never beat our 9-1 win against you, watch for a repeat on the 15th! Ha'away the lads" He was crowing over a win that happened over 100 years ago, now that is arrogance.

Where do the coaches leave from? Not sure whether to get it or the train, got the train last year and it was fine so tempted to do it again.

There's plenty trains but they don't stop at St Peters, again, last time it did will they do the same again?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9344810.stm

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce says that David Meyler's injury is "devastating" after he was taken off on a stretcher in Wednesday's 1-0 win at Aston Villa.

The 21-year-old suffered a similar injury in the penultimate game of last season, and only returned to first-team action for the Wearsiders in December.

"It looks as if he's ruptured his cruciate knee ligaments again," Bruce told BBC Newcastle.

"As soon as he goes down you know something is wrong, it's devastating."

Bruce added: "We're all delighted with the result, but the aftermath is awful for us.

"I just hope we can get one or two back and that it doesn't derail what has been a fantastic season so far."

Meyler joined Sunderland from home-town club Cork City in July 2008 for an undisclosed fee, and has since made 17 appearances.

Meanwhile the Black Cats also lost forward Danny Welbeck to a hamstring injury at Villa Park, and saw midfielder Boudewijn Zenden sent off for two bookable offences.

Such injuries and suspensions have placed pressure on a squad already weakened by absences to captain Lee Cattermole, and defenders Nedum Onuoha and John Mensah.

"For a month now I was worried with the number of fixtures we're being asked to play, and for me that's the reason," Bruce continued.

"Danny Welbeck to do his hamstring in the 75th minute is purely one thing, fatigue, and we haven't the luxury to rotate and keep people fresh.

"Unfortunately we sit in a wonderful position, with a wonderful opportunity, but we're obviously just hamstrung by a host of injuries.

"I hope we can get a few back quickly, and have a bit of luck, but some of them like [Lee] Cattermole and Meyler look serious."

Should make the derby easier for us with half of the unwashed's team missing.  Hopefully they will have to play a few of their less experienced players and the pressure will cause another collapse of 5-1 proportions.  :aww:

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce says that David Meyler's injury is "devastating" after he was taken off on a stretcher in Wednesday's 1-0 win at Aston Villa.

The 21-year-old suffered a similar injury in the penultimate game of last season, and only returned to first-team action for the Wearsiders in December.

"It looks as if he's ruptured his cruciate knee ligaments again," Bruce told BBC Newcastle.

Bruce added: "We're all delighted with the result, but the aftermath is awful for us.

"I just hope we can get one or two back and that it doesn't derail what has been a fantastic season so far."

Meyler joined Sunderland from home-town club Cork City in July 2008 for an undisclosed fee, and has since made 17 appearances.

Meanwhile the Black Cats also lost forward Danny Welbeck to a hamstring injury at Villa Park, and saw midfielder Boudewijn Zenden sent off for two bookable offences.

Such injuries and suspensions have placed pressure on a squad already weakened by absences to captain Lee Cattermole, and defenders Nedum Onuoha and John Mensah.

"For a month now I was worried with the number of fixtures we're being asked to play, and for me that's the reason," Bruce continued.

"Danny Welbeck to do his hamstring in the 75th minute is purely one thing, fatigue, and we haven't the luxury to rotate and keep people fresh.

"Unfortunately we sit in a wonderful position, with a wonderful opportunity, but we're obviously just hamstrung by a host of injuries.

"I hope we can get a few back quickly, and have a bit of luck, but some of them like [Lee] Cattermole and Meyler look serious."

Should make the derby easier for us with half of the unwashed's team missing.  Hopefully they will have to play a few of their less experienced players and the pressure will cause another collapse of 5-1 proportions.  :aww:

We could be without Carroll, Ameobi, Tiote, Saylor...

I couldn't give a fuck who is fit or injured for them as i think on our day, we're better than them

They love to keep saying that they are above us though.

What is the big deal about being above a promoted side? hahaha!!!

Where do the coaches leave from? Not sure whether to get it or the train, got the train last year and it was fine so tempted to do it again.

There's plenty trains but they don't stop at St Peters, again, last time it did will they do the same again?

Depends on what the police decide.... One season I went we got the train to sunderland station, and then a metro to St Peters. But there was a bit of aggro at sunderland station with coppers etc. The following year they simply stopped the Toon-sunderland train at St Peters metro station - a lot less hassle for the police.

Guest VegasToon

There fans want revenge.  If we can keep them from scoring in the 1st 20 minutes, I can see the unwashed giving their team hell.  If we score first, I am expecting a riot in the stands.  There will be a lot more pressure on them for this game.  The slightest mistake and it will be over for 5under1and.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We could be without Carroll, Ameobi, Tiote, Saylor...

Tiote and Saylor will be fine imo. We'll probably try an rush Carroll back. I've got no idea on the extent of Shola's one so I dunno

The game is sold out. So they should as well. The save all of their dole for this game.

Apart from when we humped them 4-1 at their place and they only had 40,000 there.

9,000 empty seats, should have gave the tickets to us. We would have filled it for them.

Great fans eh hahaha!!!

They still only get 35-36,000 this season as well and that's after they give away free tickets to schools, charge a fiver for the rest of the kids and quinny pleads with them to come.