Sunderland...

Heron

I don't have any hesitation in saying SJP is the best stadium in the country TBH. f*** accusations of bias!

Location undoubtedly - not many would disagree.

Considering it's a pretty good arena too with a better than average atmosphere it would definitely have a chance of being considered the "best".

Didn't our extension cost more to build than their ground cost from scratch? 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't have any hesitation in saying SJP is the best stadium in the country TBH. Fuck accusations of bias!

It fucking well is.

You don't get the pre match buzz through the ground anywhere else either.

I don't have any hesitation in saying SJP is the best stadium in the country TBH. f*** accusations of bias!

Considering it's a pretty good arena too with a better than average atmosphere it would definitely have a chance of being considered the "best".

Their ground cost £15m iirc :lol:

Guest neesy111

Stadium of shite lacks a lot of facilities inside the concourse.  Only 2 levels of them around the ground while SJP has far more in milburn and leazes.  Stadium of shite isn't a bad stadium just I hate all flatpack stadiums.

To be fair to Bob Murray that's a cracking price, especially when you consider it was only marginally more expensive that the Riverside which is a genuinely awful flatpack monstrosity. Shame Berb ruined it by fussing over gold taps and borrowing an already shit name :lol:

Guest BooBoo

I reckon Murray cut more corners than Ally Fraser did in Thornley Manor tbh

Murray also hired Arthur Pringle as head of PR.

A 42000 seater stadium for 3/4 of Jordan Henderson :lol:

Isn't the SOL a 49,000 seater ?

Guest Howaythetoon

Isn't the mackems stadium built on 'low quality' ground? And I've heard a few stories about the cutting of corners :lol:

I work all over the country and nearly everyone agrees SJP is one of the best stadiums in the country. Even leaving bias aside it ticks all the boxes and scores greatly on location alone. When people visit Newcastle they almost always take in a tour of SJP or at least get some snaps of themselves outside the ground. You see it every day. People don't even f***ing visit sunderland! Their stadium is truly shite and ugly too.

Guest BooBoo

Isn't the mackems stadium built on 'low quality' ground? And I've heard a few stories about the cutting of corners :lol:

I work all over the country and nearly everyone agrees SJP is one of the best stadiums in the country. Even leaving bias aside it ticks all the boxes and scores greatly on location alone. When people visit Newcastle they almost always take in a tour of SJP or at least get some snaps of themselves outside the ground. You see it every day. People don't even f***ing visit sunderland! Their stadium is truly shite and ugly too.

Yeah but there's is much better because ours is lop sided. Or something.

Isn't the SOL a 49,000 seater ?

Yeah, after they extended it. It was 42k when first built.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mind I think SJP is looking a bit worse for the ware these days. It looks dirty and drab. There needs to be some black and white seats and a lick of paint here and there for me just to brighten it up.

Guest BooBoo

Mind I think SJP is looking a bit worse for the ware these days. It looks dirty and drab. There needs to be some black and white seats and a lick of paint here and there for me just to brighten it up.

The outside of the stadium is particularly grubby, really could do with washing all the moss/ algae off the outside of the stands. It's very noticeable on the east stand/ Leazes End.

Aye there ground is made of metal isn't it? Where as ours is pretty much solid concrete

its actually constructed like a modern factory/ warehouse unit , quick and cheap. already starting to crumble like.

The outside of the stadium is particularly grubby, really could do with washing all the moss/ algae off the outside of the stands. It's very noticeable on the east stand/ Leazes End.

New dugouts and padded seats in the corporates tho'.   :pow:

New dugouts and padded seats in the corporates tho'.   :pow:

The padded seats are very nice. :pow: