Sunderland...

Heron

I'm biased but there aren't many in our squad I would swap for theirs.

Our "squad" is a lot stronger than yours in all honesty.

Seriously people like Simpson, Taylor(all of them), Lovenkrands, Ranger, Best, Obertan etc wouldn't get near our squad.

If you have all players fit you have a decent first XI but honestly, you don't have a good "squad" at all.

I'd say Best at least has shown he's more lethal than Fraizer Campbell.

Frazier Campbell is injured and will not be in the matchday squad for a long time. Leon Best would never get in our squad ahead of Gyan, Sessegnon or Wickham.

:lol:

Guest Wearside

Seriously people like Simpson, Taylor(all of them), Lovenkrands, Ranger, Best, Obertan etc wouldn't get near our squad.

If you have all players fit you have a decent first XI but honestly, you don't have a good "squad" at all.

Frazier Campbell is injured and will not be in the matchday squad for a long time. Leon Best would never get in our squad ahead of Gyan, Sessegnon or Wickham.

Do you want me to bring up the Connor Wickham thread on here?

I could tolerate the first 2 (even if i disagree on Sessegnon and your general build up of him) but Wickham?

Can you manage?

I won't lie, I wanted us to sign Wickham because I think he has a lot of potential and is likely to fulfil it but I can't see him doing it for a few years yet. He looked pretty good at times last season but not great and if he is getting a lot of games for Sunderland next season the fans will have to be soft on him because it will all about experience rather than expecting much from him.

He won't manage to do what Best did last season anyway.

I won't lie, I wanted us to sign Wickham because I think he has a lot of potential and is likely to fulfil it but I can't see him doing it for a few years yet. He looked pretty good at times last season but not great and if he is getting a lot of games for Sunderland next season the fans will have to be soft on him because it will all about experience rather than expecting much from him.

more or less my opinion too, think he would have been better off with another season in the Championship

Guest Wearside

I've said here in the past that I've only seen Wickham play a handful of times, but he is being bought as 'one for the future', he will get plenty of starts for us though and if his video on YouTube of him raping Coloccini at SJP in a 2-2 draw is anything to go by, then we have a major player on our hands.

There's some fairly interesting comments from you in that thread IIRC.

I've said here in the past that I've only seen Wickham play a handful of times, but he is being bought as 'one for the future', he will get plenty of starts for us though and if his video on YouTube of him raping Coloccini at SJP in a 2-2 draw is anything to go by, then we have a major player on our hands.

Speaking of bumping posts, shall we bump yours on Wickham before he signed? Seemed to have changed a bit, must have been all those games he has played since ;) :pow:

Guest Wearside

There's some fairly interesting comments from you in that thread IIRC.

Aye, too young, I'd much rather a player who was ready to come in and do it now, it's a risk, no question about it but I'd rather him than a journeyman like Crouch or Heskey.

Guest Wearside

Speaking of bumping posts, shall we bump yours on Wickham before he signed? Seemed to have changed a bit, must have been all those games he has played since ;) :pow:

Show me one quote which says I think he is the answer to our attacking force.

I've said all along that he should have stopped in the Championship to learn his trade, he won't start for us unless their is a injury to Gyan or Sessegnon.

Very overrated too you said. BTW Wearside, I've noticed you've finally learnt that a space follows a comma. :slowclap:

But anyway, I agree with Cajun in that I think Wickham's got plenty potential. But, I still think you'd have been much better off spending that money on a player for the here and now as oppose to one for the future because I still don't see a consistent goalscorer in your team, there's still a massive hole to be filled where Bent's goals used to be.

Guest Wearside

Very overrated too you said. BTW Wearside, I've noticed you've finally learnt that a space follows a comma. :slowclap:

But anyway, I agree with Cajun in that I think Wickham's got plenty potential. But, I still think you'd have been much better off spending that money on a player for the here and now as oppose to one for the future because I still don't see a consistent goalscorer in your team, there's still a massive hole to be filled where Bent's goals used to be.

Name me one affordable striker better than Darren Bent.

You can't, because there isn't one, that's just simple facts.

Guest Wearside

You just said you had a major player on your hands, when? You also said he will get plenty of games :lol:

Injury's happen, he will get games.

Just going off the YouTube game of him against Coloccini, don't take it to heart.