Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

Was out round Wakefield where I live around 2 weeks ago and overheard a Sunderland fan in a club, went and interupted and ended up wound up about 2 minutes later when he insisted "Am tellin yaaa...Tiiiitus Bramble was signin of the seeeaason lasst yeeear...Wigan playa of the yeeear" then "Sessegnon..oh my goood..what a playaaa..get in any team in the leaague."

Would walk into any team outside the top 6 and also into some in the top 6, no question about it. You will find out how good he is in 8 days time.

He gonna be playing up top this year?  Seems to have scored a few pre season.

Yes, he will be playing behind Gyan as a forward and looks a totally different player to when he first come and was shunted out on the wing, I predict he will outscore Gyan this season.

Was out round Wakefield where I live around 2 weeks ago and overheard a Sunderland fan in a club, went and interupted and ended up wound up about 2 minutes later when he insisted "Am tellin yaaa...Tiiiitus Bramble was signin of the seeeaason lasst yeeear...Wigan playa of the yeeear" then "Sessegnon..oh my goood..what a playaaa..get in any team in the leaague."

Would walk into any team outside the top 6 and also into some in the top 6, no question about it. You will find out how good he is in 8 days time.

He's a good player, I saw that from his time at PSG. Not quite sure he's as good as many of your counterparts are proclaiming though; however I'll be happy to take that back after seeing what he can do this season.

What do you think your line-up will be for the derby btw?

Guest Wearside

Woudl you expect him to play in more of a 5 man midfield for the derby?

Basically will he be playing anywhere near Tiote?

If we play 5 in midfield,at home, in a derby, I will be fuming so no I fully expect a 4-4-1-1 system in the derby, that's how we've lined up all pre-season.

He gonna be playing up top this year?  Seems to have scored a few pre season.

Yes, he will be playing behind Gyan as a forward and looks a totally different player to when he first come and was shunted out on the wing, I predict he will outscore Gyan this season.

Definitely worth a bookmark that

Guest Wearside

He's a good player, I saw that from his time at PSG. Not quite sure he's as good as many of your counterparts are proclaiming though; however I'll be happy to take that back after seeing what he can do this season.

What do you think your line-up will be for the derby btw?

I'd say the team next week will be....

Mignolet/Westwood

Bardsley O'Shea Brown Richardson

Larsson Gardner Cattermole Colback/Or new left winger

Sessegnon

Gyan

Guest Wearside

Woudl you expect him to play in more of a 5 man midfield for the derby?

Basically will he be playing anywhere near Tiote?

How do you think Newcastle will line up in the derby?

Last year at the game at the SOL, I was convinced Pardew was going to go 5 in midfield but to be fair he went for it and played 2 up front, it seems this year though, that judging by how many midfielders you have, that maybe 5 in midfield might be the way that you may go.

Wouldn't mind O'Shea's injury keeping him out a little longer. A Bramble/Brown partnership at the heart of their defence would have massive potential if Titus' pre-season form is anything to go by.

That left side looks really weak too, don't you possess any proper left sided players, Wearside? ???

Guest Wearside

Wouldn't mind O'Shea's injury keeping him out a little longer. A Bramble/Brown partnership at the heart of their defence would have massive potential if Titus' pre-season form is anything to go by.

That left side looks really weak too, don't you possess any proper left sided players, Wearside? ???

Nope, our left side is weak as p***, desperate for a left winger and hoping we sort it before next week. At the moment either Colback and Vaughan, who are both centre midfielders will be playing there and if Colback plays it might be like playing with 10 men due to his Newcastle tendancies. :)

Nope, our left side is weak as p***, desperate for a left winger and hoping we sort it before next week. At the moment either Colback and Vaughan, who are both centre midfielders will be playing there and if Colback plays it might be like playing with 10 men due to his Newcastle tendancies. :)

I've not seen him much over the past couple seasons, but Richardson's never a LB either, is he?

Guest Wearside

I've not seen him much over the past couple seasons, but Richardson's never a LB either, is he?

I'd rather Richardson left back than Bardsley but no, he is not a left back IMO, decent going forward but a liability defensively.

Krul

Simpson, Taylor/Williamson, Colo, LB

Barton, Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas/Marveaux

Best/Shola, Ba

or same back 5 and:

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Marveaux                            Jonas

/Obertan               

Ba

That's assuming Barton's still here obviously.

Guest Wearside

Hey wearside..whats up with Craig Gordon? is he definitely out in the cold now?

Injured at the minute and not expected back till September at the earliest, in last year of his contract and we are trying to get rid but highly unlikely anyone will take a risk on a injured keeper.

I'd say the team next week will be....

Mignolet/Westwood

Bardsley O'Shea Brown Richardson

Larsson Gardner Cattermole Colback/Or new left winger

Sessegnon

Gyan

No way man.. that's like the best team in 50 years!!

Guest Howaythetoon

Shocked - was working in mackem land today and two of the lads we were working with were die hard smbs but really canny lads. They reckon the derby will probably be a draw, they said their own fans put too much pressure on the team to win these games and they all play with fear as a result. Reckon Bruce does the same following the 5-1 too.

Guest Wearside

Krul

Simpson, Taylor/Williamson, Colo, LB

Barton, Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas/Marveaux

Best/Shola, Ba

or same back 5 and:

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Marveaux                            Jonas

/Obertan               

Ba

That's assuming Barton's still here obviously.

I'd rather you played 442, reckon we could get over-run in midfield if you play 5. I know you played 442 last season and were the better team but I'd fancy our chances if you played 442, especially if Barton is not involved.

At the moment,I reckon it will be a close game with us edging it but that could easily change over the next week depending on injuries to either side or new signings etc.

Actually thinking about it, there's no chance we'll play that second way, can't see us throwing Obertan or Marveaux into the deep end. It'll most likely be 4-4-2, or possibly a more strict 4-5-1, as oppose to the formation above which is almost a 4-3-3, with Barton on the right and someone like Gosling coming into midfield.

Am I missing something here? Outside of Sessegnon and Gyan that team looks like complete and utter shit.

Bit strong. Defence looks reasonably solid to me. The problem though that they have IMO and have had for a good couple of years is a completely inbalanced side, still no natural left back or left winger.