Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

Trust me, Sessegnon is not a "very good player" at all. He was on the bench even in PSG...

Since last year, he hadn't done something good.

Newcastle has much more a better team than Sunderland, which team has no injured players.

The league table disagrees.

Trust me, Sessegnon is not a "very good player" at all. He was on the bench even in PSG...

Newcastle has much more a better team than Sunderland, which team has no injured players.

The two games against each other would be a better measure

Leave wor mimi alone  :angry:

Guest Wearside

So lets get this right,2 games is a more accurate reflection then 20 odd games?

Bizarre logic here.

38 games would be a better reflection. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Guest Heneage

Yep you've done well, but you've done it by containing teams and essentially shutting your opposition down before snatching a late result. That won't always work as teams will stop trying to play against you and you'll be forced to come out and attack, that for me is when you will be found out. The midfield lacks any real creativity.

Bizarre logic here.

when you consider the 20 odd games were not all against the same teams home and away- at the same times. but the two games against each other were, then yes.

Guest Wearside

Indeed,can't argue with that.

Guest toonlass

Yup. What is it with mackems thinking the league ends in January?

thats what mackems do

Guest Wearside

Bizarre logic here.

when you consider the 20 odd games were not all against the same teams home and away- at the same times. but the two games against each other were, then yes.

So if in our next game with Chelsea we get a draw and that means we have took 4 points off them this season does that make Sunderland better than Chelsea?

No of course it doesn't.

Bizarre logic here.

So if in our next game with Chelsea we get a draw and that means we have took 4 points off them this season does that make Sunderland better than Chelsea?

No of course it doesn't.

dont worry you wont.

they're ahead of us by a few points which would suggest they're better than us and i wouldnt argue too much with that, they dropped their arse twice when playing us though.

I think we're actually better than them.  Take away their numerous spawny victories and they are very average.  Also, we've been dealt a few harsh blows this season including:

1. Consistently terrible (biased? corrupt?) refereeing against us (Everton, Man City, Arsenal, and many more).

2.  Dropping points in the last minute! :(

3.  Injuries/suspensions to our key players (Carroll, Tiote, Willicini, Barfa etc)

If lady luck moved from wearyside to Tyneside, I'm pretty sure we'd be out of sight of the unwashed.

There is no such thing as luck over a whole season. If they are higher after 38 matches than they are the better side. Injury is never an excuse. (unless there is a Dream Team-like off the field incident) Professional athletes have been paid by the club to take their place. If theses athletes are not up to standard, it is the fault of the club for not adequately preparing.

Guest toonlass

There is no such thing as luck over a whole season. If they are higher after 38 matches than they are the better side. Injury is never an excuse. (unless there is a Dream Team-like off the field incident) Professional athletes have been paid by the club to take their place. If theses athletes are not up to standard, it is the fault of the club for not adequately preparing.

That's the thing though. The mackems are talking as if the league is already over. There is still a way to go until the final standings are known. I couldn't really give a monkey's where they finish in the league, the only time I truly care a jot about them is when we are playing them, apart from that I just have a laugh at their expense. My priority is Newcastle and avoiding the drop again, the way the mackems go on is always the same, they will be happy finishing 17th in the league as long as we finish 18th.

2 or 3 key signings next summer and were ahead of them in terms of first 11, depth we'll struggle with for another year or so.

I expected the gap after coming up to be huge, but in reality they've been exceptionally lucky in games and are lucky to be where they are, in reality we should have more points, to be on the same level after a relegation and them having a great season last time out while spending big is great news for us. Even if they are ahead of us now, it won't last, not even with Ashley keeping it tight.

Sunderland has their chance to put real daylight between us and them over the last 18 months and they've blown it big time.

You've seen Dream Team, Baba? :lol: class.

:lol: Of course, man. I have many tapes of them back at my old home. I've only seen bits and pieces, but I did my best to follow the plot until I was about 15 or 16. I even remember Monday Bandele. Class show.

Sunderland have a very real opportunity for Europe this season, and they made some good acquisitions toward that goal. However, the Bent situation has exposed the reality of things. They are still a small-time club, with a small boy mentality. I do not see them progressing. However, they do seem a stable Premiership club, which is frankly more than their supporters should expect.

they're ahead of us by a few points which would suggest they're better than us and i wouldnt argue too much with that, they dropped their arse twice when playing us though.

I think we're actually better than them.  Take away their numerous spawny victories and they are very average.  Also, we've been dealt a few harsh blows this season including:

1. Consistently terrible (biased? corrupt?) refereeing against us (Everton, Man City, Arsenal, and many more).

2.  Dropping points in the last minute! :(

3.  Injuries/suspensions to our key players (Carroll, Tiote, Willicini, Barfa etc)

If lady luck moved from wearyside to Tyneside, I'm pretty sure we'd be out of sight of the unwashed.

ok graeme