Sunderland...

Heron

Numerous newspapers and websites.

Still stupidly high like but not in comparision to some other teams ratios.Man City's was 98% in the last accounts and indeed Newcastle's was over 84% in the last accounts.

Wrong.

Sorry my apologies it was 82.6%

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2010/05/02/newcastle-united-accounts-reveal-111m-debt-79310-26358985/

Would that not include wages from players from the relegation season?

It does aye and even says so in the article, after we got rid of most of the ridiculous money deadwood like Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Martins etc on the way down to the championship our wage ratio dropped massively.

Numerous newspapers and websites.

Still stupidly high like but not in comparision to some other teams ratios.Man City's was 98% in the last accounts and indeed Newcastle's was over 84% in the last accounts.

Wrong.

Sorry my apologies it was 82.6%

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2010/05/02/newcastle-united-accounts-reveal-111m-debt-79310-26358985/

Would that not include wages from players from the relegation season?

It does aye and even says so in the article, after we got rid of most of the ridiculous money deadwood like Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Martins etc on the way down to the championship our wage ratio dropped massively.

So really, Wearside posting that is absolutely pointless as it in no way reflects the finances of the club at the present time?

Guest Wearside

It'll be all those DVDs of their win at Chelsea. Queues going down the street, I heard.....

Any idea how the sales of the DVD of Newcastle's "draw" with Arsenal are progressing?

Is it out yet? You would imagine a game called by many neutrals as the PL greatest comeback is due a DVD release.

I remember when you started off on this board as a well balanced & some appreciated your comments but the guard had to drop eventually & the bitterness is flowing. You did well to keep it going for so long.

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=85&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=300506

So a poster tries to take the piss out of Sunderland for bringing out a DVD of our win against Chelsea, and you just expect me to saying nothing when you bring one out for drawing a game?

It's called banter mate.

Guest Heneage

It'll be all those DVDs of their win at Chelsea. Queues going down the street, I heard.....

Any idea how the sales of the DVD of Newcastle's "draw" with Arsenal are progressing?

Is it out yet? You would imagine a game called by many neutrals as the PL greatest comeback is due a DVD release.

I remember when you started off on this board as a well balanced & some appreciated your comments but the guard had to drop eventually & the bitterness is flowing. You did well to keep it going for so long.

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=85&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=300506

So a poster tries to take the piss out of Sunderland for bringing out a DVD of our win against Chelsea, and you just expect me to saying nothing when you bring one out for drawing a game?

It's called banter mate.

Weren't Chelsea missing nearly half a dozen first team players including Lampard Essien and Terry?

Guest Wearside

It's called banter mate.

Weren't Chelsea missing nearly half a dozen first team players including Lampard Essien and Terry?

You've named three,not quite half a dozen and if we are going down the route of saying things like that we were missing four first team players in Bent,Mensah,Meyler and Campbell.Maybe one day you will be able to swallow your pride and admit it was the best result of the season(to date).

It's called banter mate.

You've named three,not quite half a dozen and if we are going down the route of saying things like that we were missing four first team players in Bent,Mensah,Meyler and Campbell.Maybe one day you will be able to swallow your pride and admit it was the best result of the season(to date).

maybe for you but for me a certain 5-1 was best . :snod:

Guest Wearside

It's called banter mate.

If you asked any neutral fans around the country what has been the best result of the season so far I'd wager the vast majority would say Chelsea/Sunderland with possibly Arsenal/West Brom a close second.

It's called banter mate.

If you asked any neutral fans around the country what has been the best result of the season so far I'd wager the vast majority would say Chelsea/Sunderland with possibly Arsenal/West Brom a close second.

;D  I doubt any neutral fan would remember 1 single Sunderland result.

Guest Heneage

It's called banter mate.

In the entire league? How pompous a statement is that. :lol:

I'd say Blackpool beating Liverpool is a better result considering the majority of their squad have never even played in the league.

It's called banter mate.

I think most will say that 4-4 draw imho.

I reckon Blackpool at Anfield will stick in my head a lot longer. I know Liverpool were playing poorly, but still. It's sort of a compliment to the mackems, but I don't see them winning against the 'big four' as anything like as big a deal as blackpool. Having said that, neither team is in the top 4.

3-0 was impressive, though Chelsea didn't turn up and Sunderland were gifted the victory. Certainly DVD worthy for the mackems, shame it'll not make a dent on the £27m loss.

More than half of the Chelsea team I doubt would be viewed as first choice starters.

Best result of the season can only be bottom of the table Wolves beating the as then unbeaten Man Utd at Molineux. Other than their blistering start to the season, Chelsea have been generally mediocre all term.

Guest elbee909

Chelsea Sunderland was a great result for the neutral (and Sunderland obviously), but the 4-4 was a much better game of football.  In a particularly bonkers 'isn't football marvellous' sort of way.

SAFC intake for next season, the lads in bold are lads I would expect us to get imo.

Glen Lane

Hailing from Millfield, Sunderland, Glen is often used at left back but can also play on either side of midfield. He has been with the Academy since the age of nine and has worked his way through the ranks.

Lewis Gibbons

Lewis lends ball-winning skills and can operate in either defence or midfield. From Bensham, he has been a Sunderland Academy player since the age of 10.

Liam Agnew

Sunderland fan Liam hails from the city and plays as a midfielder. He is a player who has goals in his game and has been involved in England training camps.

Johnny Burn

A centre back who can also play on the right side of defence, Johnny plays an aggressive game and has been with the club since the age of 13. He hails from Darlington.

Andrew Cartwright

Andrew joined the Academy at under-15 level from the famous Wallsend Boys' Club. Father Peter played 65 league games for Newcastle United and also represented Scunthorpe and Darlington. Andrew is a good team player who covers a lot of ground.

Ross Holland

Able to play in the centre in midfield or on either wing, Ross is a good technical player. Based in Birtley, Ross joined the Academy at under-14 level.

George Honeyman

George is very highly rated and has been with the Academy since the under-11s. He comes from Prudhoe in Northumberland.

Callum Hope

The left-footed midfielder joined Sunderland from local club Fulwell. He has been affected by injuries this season but is now close to full fitness.

Carl Lawson

A striker who can also play out wide, Carl joined the Academy at under-13 level. He is an intelligent link-up player who lives in High Barnes, Sunderland.

Reece Noble

Reece is the brother of first-year professional Liam Noble, who graduated from the youth team last season. Noble senior is currently enjoying his first taste of senior football on loan at Carlisle in Npower League One. Reece can operate in both full-back positions and joined the Academy as an under-9. crammy

Johnny Maddison

An Academy player since he was nine years old, Johnny is a highly-rated goalkeeper who has already trained with Craig Gordon and Simon Mignolet. He is a tall player who provides a physical presence. He lives in Woodstall Village, County Durham.

Kieran Martin

Kieran is a strong, imposing midfield player who can also be deployed at centre back. He hails from Consett and attends Lanchester St Bede's - Michael Kay's old school.

Tom McNamee

Tom joined Sunderland at the under-14 level and has also been a member of the Newcastle Falcons' rugby union development centre. He is a strong central defender who is based in Shotley Bridge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is always a killer for me seeing a Wallsend Boys Club lad joining the scum.