Sunderland...

Heron

They'll probably still finish above us, unless their morale has been completely destroyed

I fully expect them to but it's the fact they believe we'll be utterly distraught if they do so :lol:

Survival was always the aim this season. I expected Sunderland to be battling in the top six or seven. Even if they steamed away from us in the final half a dozen games or so it wouldn't dampen my enjoyment of this season whatsoever. The fact they'd class finishing ahead of us as a victory shows how piss poor they've been.

Fucking hell, one of us goes on there to say that we aren't really that bothered about finishing above Sunderland and that our key aim is to stay in the league. Amackem then says, "Bollocks, you would be very happy if we finished 20th and you finished 19th".

Even when told different they just won't have any of it.

Guest Antec

someone on smb is saying they are 50/1 to drop.

fancy a piece of this before the wba game.

Save ya cash, it'll never happen

if form over the last 6 games was repeated over next 6 . table would read.

Man utd          78

Arsenal          69

Man C            66

Chelsea          66

Spurs              59

Liverpool        55

Everton          52

Newcastle      47

Bolton            47

Fulham            47

Wba                46

Stoke              43

Brum              41

AV                  40

W ham            40

Wolves            40

Wigan              39

Sunderland      39

B pool              38

B Burn              37

I'm pretty sure that there will be more flip-flops in positioning between us both before the season is over.

The only thing that I'm sure of is that they will celebrate going back above us in the table despite their previous statements that it's not a big deal. And then justify it that that they are just paying us back.

One thing this weekend has proved is that the theory that Newcastle fans are not bothered about finishing above Sunderland is now blew out of the water,the sheer euphoria on this thread and the "other games thread" has been stunning.

One poster by the name of Jonny Hall even described it as "the best weekend ever",let's hope Newcastle do finish above Sunderland to save some serious red faces on this messageboard come May.

Wearside, Sunderland faces should be red at the fact that we have even a sniff of a chance at finishing above you. Even now you should still finish above NUFC, but given the ambitions of both clubs at the start of this season, it shouldn't even be in doubt.

Guest Wearside

Sunderland's ambition at the start of the season was a top 10 finish and despite a bad run lately we still have a good chance of achieving that,obviously after spending long spells of the season in the top 7 people got carried away and upped those ambitions to qualifying for Europe so to only finish 10th now would be slightly disappointing.

Newcastle on the other hand have IMO over-achieved(tin hat on) and I'd wager very few Newcastle fans expected you to have a good a season as you've had.

The season lasts 38 games however and I'd be surprised if you finished above us looking at the fixtures both clubs have remaining.

Wearside, you're right, our ambition was to stay up so anything beyond that is a brilliant result.

If we finish in the top 10 it would be a massive bonus, and above Sunderland then great (although that doesn't matter to me personally).

if form over the last 6 games was repeated over next 6 . table would read.

Man utd          78

Arsenal          69

Man C            66

Chelsea          66

Spurs              59

Liverpool        55

Everton          52

Newcastle      47

Just shows how much nonsense the form table is, we were towards the bottom before the wolves game and now our current form would have us finish 8th!

Guest toonlass

Tbh Wearside, we have overachieved as far as I am concerned. I said at the start of the season that I would be happy finishing 4th from bottom. Sunderland, and where they finished, didn't even enter my head. The fact we have exceeded my expectations, and on the way put 6 goals past you lot with only 2 in reply, has made this season a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would have been.

I really couldn't give two hoots where we finish in relation to you. I was smiling at the weekend because it was funny that we have overtaken you in the league, considering how the muppets on RTG have been crowing about how far ahead of us you were since January and the way your lot celebrated your 1-1 win with the goal of the season at your place.

If I was a Mackem I would be worried at how much it's going to cost to stand still next season. There isn't a hope in hell you'll get Welbeck. Muntari and Sessegnon have hardly set the league alight, Gyan plays way better for Ghana than he does for Sunderland.

So aye, I'm very happy at how we've overachieved this season.

Looking at the run-in for both teams, it's highly likely that Sunderland do finish above us, but not a given in any way.

I think that newcastle have over achieved, certainly have in several home games (Villa, Sunderland, and Arsenal).  I thought our wins would be 1-0 scrapers not the swash-buckling demolitions that we have seen on a few occaisions.

I don't really buy into the "newly promoted club" concept that many keep using.  We only barely were relegated, and didn;t loose too many players when we went down, so we were quite similar when we returned to the Premier League. To me "newly promoted" means a team full of Championship/League 1 players, not a team returning with existng premier league players.

But when it all comes down to the last game and the two clubs reflect on their seasons.....Newcastle will look back on 4 points from 6 and a 5-1 derby hammering so who finishes 10th or 11th and who has 43 pts or 44, will be immaterial. We all know who had the better season.

Newcastle on the other hand have IMO over-achieved(tin hat on) and I'd wager very few Newcastle fans expected you to have a good a season as you've had.

The season lasts 38 games however and I'd be surprised if you finished above us looking at the fixtures both clubs have remaining.

Fully agree. There's been a couple of negatives, hughton & carrolls departure, but on the whole i'm thrilled with how this season has gone. Off the field there was the usual muppetry, but on the field i feel we've restored some pride. Actually, i'd say we restored pride and then some. The way we went down was embarrasing, the way we came back has been a breath of fresh air.

I'm pretty sure that there will be more flip-flops in positioning between us both before the season is over.

The only thing that I'm sure of is that they will celebrate going back above us in the table despite their previous statements that it's not a big deal. And then justify it that that they are just paying us back.

One thing this weekend has proved is that the theory that Newcastle fans are not bothered about finishing above Sunderland is now blew out of the water,the sheer euphoria on this thread and the "other games thread" has been stunning.

One poster by the name of Jonny Hall even described it as "the best weekend ever",let's hope Newcastle do finish above Sunderland to save some serious red faces on this messageboard come May.

That comment clearly wasn't aimed at the Sunderland result alone. That was purely the icing on the cake.

Guest johnson293

The irony of a Mackem on a Toon board talking about celebrating being higher than NUFC when their club has released "Black Cats, Top Dogs" DVDs is not lost on me

:clap:  ;D

although spurs are getting ran around here, you've got to admire their one touch football. We do it a little bit here and there in random matches but they are properly trying the barca way and seem to be able to look/touch/pass in one fluid move which we fail to do and sit on the ball then mis-hit easy passes

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=582218&page=2#ixzz1IgB1T2jV

although spurs are getting ran around here, you've got to admire their one touch football. We do it a little bit here and there in random matches but they are properly trying the barca way and seem to be able to look/touch/pass in one fluid move which we fail to do and sit on the ball then mis-hit easy passes

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=582218&page=2#ixzz1IgB1T2jV

the barca way :lol: :lol:

the barca way :lol: :lol:

Fucking hell :spit: :lol: :lol: