Sunderland...

Heron

I want to remove enough of OptaJoe's fingers to stop him tagging a needless gimmicky word onto the end of his tweets.  Three.

I've dumped the fucker from Facebook for precisely that. Gone.

:blush: I like them. Twat.

Guest Wearside

I personally don't think they had many injuries, about average, probably the same amount as us yet we've a much smaller squad.

They rode their luck first half of the season, they still can't quite see that, thought they have cottoned on their luck has changed, but really it's not bad, it's just normal and the quality is the real problem.

What a load of rubbish.

Whilst injuries are a feeble excuse I'd wager not many clubs in the league has had as many serious injuries as we've had and by serious I don't mean hamstrings or groin that keep you out for 2/3 weeks,I'm talking injuries that keep players out for months on end.

Guest Slarth

I personally don't think they had many injuries, about average, probably the same amount as us yet we've a much smaller squad.

They rode their luck first half of the season, they still can't quite see that, thought they have cottoned on their luck has changed, but really it's not bad, it's just normal and the quality is the real problem.

What a load of rubbish.

Whilst injuries are a feeble excuse I'd wager not many clubs in the league has had as many serious injuries as we've had and by serious I don't mean hamstrings or groin that keep you out for 2/3 weeks,I'm talking injuries that keep players out for months on end.

Everton have had quite a lot all season, not sure about anyone else mind.

Guest Wearside

Toons Taylor claims we have only had an "average" amount of injuries,by anyones standards we have had a high amount of injuries and people who have been following Sunderland a lot longer than me can't recall a season as bad as this for serious injuries in there lifetime.

What a load of rubbish.

all seasonish we've had taylor,gosling and ben arfa aswell as shola, best for lengthy spells ie more than the two weeks calf knock type of injury.

Guest BooBoo

What a load of rubbish.

I actually think injuries to that duck egg Campbell and Captain Custard himself, Cattermole have been a blessing in disguise. Both are awful footballers.

31/10 showed there's a shocking lack of guts in Sunderland's dressing room and its a collective loss of bottle that's costing you, not injuries which are bing used as a smokescreen. What hasnt helped either was signing Muntari and Sessegnon, both of whom have been playing as if they couldn't give a toss.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What a load of rubbish.

all seasonish we've had taylor,gosling and ben arfa aswell as shola, best for lengthy spells ie more than the two weeks calf knock type of injury.

Harper too.

Guest BooBoo

is bruce really that bad in the transfer market though? made a few decent buys at wigan iirc? valencia? palacios? rodallega?

He's bought some dross for the Mackems mind. Only Bruce would sign Cattermole and then compound the mistake by making him club captain.

is bruce really that bad in the transfer market though? made a few decent buys at wigan iirc? valencia? palacios? rodallega?

He's bought some dross for the Mackems mind. Only Bruce would sign Cattermole and then compound the mistake by making him club captain.

evey manager makes their bad signings. imo giving him money to spend would be far from the 'suicide' some people are claiming, thats all i'm saying. if i was them i'd leave him there but i hope they sack him just to see how funny the fallout is, who they gonna get?

Toons Taylor claims we have only had an "average" amount of injuries,by anyones standards we have had a high amount of injuries and people who have been following Sunderland a lot longer than me can't recall a season as bad as this for serious injuries in there lifetime.

if you hadnt had those injuries do you think you would have made it to europe?

Guest Wearside

Madras

Ok then you say you've had Ben Arfa,Taylor and Gosling(who you signed knowing full well that he would miss a large chunk of the season anyway) and I will raise you Gordon,Turner,Cattermole,Welbeck,Campbell,Meyler(two times),Bramble

over the top but point made. mensah was a crock when he signed and meyler and campbell wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Guest BooBoo

evey manager makes their bad signings. imo giving him money to spend would be far from the 'suicide' some people are claiming, thats all i'm saying. if i was them i'd leave him there but i hope they sack him just to see how funny the fallout is, who they gonna get?

Other than Bent, who couldn't wait to leave the club, who has Bruce signed that could actually be labelled a good buy for them? The jury's still out on Gyan, from what I've seen he's Oba Mark II and was hopelessly overpriced after WC2010.

over the top but point made. mensah was a crock when he signed and meyler and campbell wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

???

???

most mackem i know say they had an outside chance of the europa and thats when they were sixth.

First choice goalkeeper missed over three months with shoulder ligament injury.

Star signing and probably most talented player out for 30+ games with broken leg.

Best striker and then top scorer out for a month and missing five games before being sold with no replacement.

Ryan Taylor missed three months through injury.

Steven Taylor missed three months through injury.

Danny Guthrie missed two months through injury.

Dan Gosling has missed pretty much all season through injury.

Alan Smith will have missed four months through injury.

Steven Ireland has missed nine matches through injury.

Joey Barton recently missed five matches through injury.

Harper, Guthrie, Smith, Simpson, Ben Arfa, Gosling, both Taylors, Ireland, Best & Ameobi, whether we rate them or not, have all had long term injuries yet we've managed to just about get by.

Madras

Ok then you say you've had Ben Arfa,Taylor and Gosling(who you signed knowing full well that he would miss a large chunk of the season anyway) and I will raise you Gordon,Turner,Cattermole,Welbeck,Campbell,Meyler(two times),Bramble