Sunderland...

Heron

I raised the point in the Others Clubs transfers thread - they have half a dozen centre backs but not many fullbacks, perhaps the rumours that Bruce doesn't rate Angeleri are true?

Bruce is crazy.

Last season they had Mensah, Da Silva, Ferdinand, Turner and then Kigallon

This season they have Mensah, Da Silva, Ferdinand, Turner, Bramble and then Kigallon (rumoured to go to Boro on loan), with Onuoha coming in

Onuoha. Fucking hell, man  :weep:

He's one of my favourite footballers too. With a few exceptions, they're building a canny squad there.

are they? buying a lot of defenders but the rest of the side? attack especially if they sell jones and replace with a loan of welbeck 

riveros, al-muhammadi and mensah are good players. angeleri is, but may not get a chance. plus they've got good young players. certainly think its the best squad outside of the top 8.

Not a bad squad at all.

Craig Gordon

Phil Bardsley

George McCartney

Michael Turner

Anton Ferdinand

Paulo da Silva

Matthew Kilgallon

Marcos Angeleri

Titus Bramble

John Mensah

Boudewijn Zenden

Steed Malbranque

Kieran Richardson

Jordan Henderson

David Meyler

Andy Reid

Lee Cattermole

Ahmed Al-Muhammadi

Cristian Riveros

Teemu Tainio

Fraizer Campbell

Darren Bent

Kenwyne Jones

David Healy

Midfield has questions over it, and strike force is very dependant on one man.

There are questions all over the pitch. None of their players stand out as a quality player, except Bent. However it is a large squad with averagely good players, they are going to be a solidly mid table team.

Why all the love for the scum??

Because we are not thick and blinded by our hatred for them, we have to accpet this is a good deal for them and they have a better squad than us.  I do find it funny though that we can be like this yet they cannot and irrespective of how we are looking they'll always make up some excuse as to why we are shite.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They can fuck off to be honest bastard grief leeches.

This is the same Sir Bobby Robson who had suffered cancer four times when they spat venom and abuse at him when he was watching the England match at the Sol.

Same bloke who at every derby they sang about him pissing himself.

I'm bitter about it because it made me sick at the time. They can't have it both ways and for them more than any other club it seems to be a form of humbling themselves.

''jesus wept, face palm etc'' from some sour...

Guest neesy111

sunderland's midfield and strikeforce are particularly average except from bent

They can get goals at the top level though, well Bent and Jones can anyway. Campbell might turn out to be good, dunno

Jones is overated imo, I was one of the people who thought when he first joined them that he looked a player similar to drogba, my god how wrong was I  :facepalm:

Why all the love for the scum??

Because we are not thick and blinded by our hatred for them, we have to accpet this is a good deal for them and they have a better squad than us.  I do find it funny though that we can be like this yet they cannot and irrespective of how we are looking they'll always make up some excuse as to why we are shite.

Mackem Wum!!

sunderland's midfield and strikeforce are particularly average except from bent

They can get goals at the top level though, well Bent and Jones can anyway. Campbell might turn out to be good, dunno

Jones is overated imo, I was one of the people who thought when he first joined them that he looked a player similar to drogba, my god how wrong was I  :facepalm:

Possibly, still too early to say though I reckon. I think if he could stay fit for a whole season he would be top quality.

Not a bad squad at all.

Craig Gordon

Phil Bardsley

George McCartney

Michael Turner

Anton Ferdinand

Paulo da Silva

Matthew Kilgallon

Marcos Angeleri

Titus Bramble

John Mensah

Boudewijn Zenden

Steed Malbranque

Kieran Richardson

Jordan Henderson

David Meyler

Andy Reid

Lee Cattermole

Ahmed Al-Muhammadi

Cristian Riveros

Teemu Tainio

Fraizer Campbell

Darren Bent

Kenwyne Jones

David Healy

That looks like a pretty expensive but ordinary squad, in such precarious times, for a club who normally have to pay over the odds to attract players yet will never be one of the leagues big revenue earners.

Maybe Bruce really is the "Geordie agent" they feared.