Sunderland...

Heron

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has revealed record signing Kenwyne Jones has taken a significant pay cut to join the Potters.

It is understood Jones was earning around £60,000 per week in his final contract with the Black Cats, way beyond Stoke's financial clout.

But as well as agreeing to spread the £8million paid for Jones over a period of four years, Sunderland have also assisted Stoke with regard to the wages.

Notice on the fantasy league Bent is listed as doubtful for the first game with  back injury an all.

I didn't think that was allowed anymore?  I thought there was now a rule that payments for a transfer couldn't be spread over more then 2 years, or did I imagine it?

Guest neesy111

I see sunderland have 3-4 players now on loan, I think they ain't got any money to spend on transfers except when they sell!

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has revealed record signing Kenwyne Jones has taken a significant pay cut to join the Potters.

It is understood Jones was earning around £60,000 per week in his final contract with the Black Cats, way beyond Stoke's financial clout.

But as well as agreeing to spread the £8million paid for Jones over a period of four years, Sunderland have also assisted Stoke with regard to the wages.

Notice on the fantasy league Bent is listed as doubtful for the first game with  back injury an all.

How the hell was he on £60k a week? Wasn't he signed from someone like Southampton and was relatively unknown?

How the hell was he on £60k a week? Wasn't he signed from someone like Southampton and was relatively unknown?

roy keane, thats how

Mackem lad at work today said he signed a new contract not that long ago.

There was a lot of hype around him after his first season, with the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool supposedly after him. Sunderland clearly panicked and threw money at him.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=515499

:spit:

We have to go all out for the fa cup this year like- we're too good to go down and not good enough to qualify for the Europa league, a cup run might well be our main source of excitement this season (as well as the league double over the mags)

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=515499&page=2#ixzz0wWSgaOlj

my personal favorite.

They didn't play Bent, and they played a top European side, I'm sure they won't be losing much sleep over it.

1 player doesn't make a team you know

i can't wait for darren bent to get a serious injury, cos they'll be a mess of a team without him

:lol:

They didn't play Bent, and they played a top European side, I'm sure they won't be losing much sleep over it.

i can't wait for darren bent to get a serious injury, cos they'll be a mess of a team without him

Fuking hell Neesy man.  :lol:

Guest Heneage