Sunderland...

Heron

The fact that Niall Quinn, who was the Heskey, Carlton Cole, etc of his day with 29 goals in 129 Premier League games for them, is considered a legend sums that club up. :lol:

Maybe when Shola retires he should get some bloke with money to buy the club too and we can consider him a legend.

Guest Wearside

The fact that Niall Quinn, who was the Heskey, Carlton Cole, etc of his day with 29 goals in 129 Premier League games for them, is considered a legend sums that club up. :lol:

Maybe when Shola retires he should get some bloke with money to buy the club too.

His playing career at Sunderland is not the reason he is regarded as a legend but that alone was impressive as he guided us to our best ever league finish in over 50 years.

Maybe it's the fact that we were relegated with the lowest points ever recorded and then he,with the help of others bought Murray out and started establishing us as a club again when it looked like we could easily have done a Sheffield Wednesday and dropped down the leagues,he then found us a billionaire who has actually gave us a chance of achieving something.

No man has done more for Sunderland than Quinn has and that's why he is regarded as a legend.

Maybe when Shola retires he should get some bloke with money to buy the club too and we can consider him a legend.

Shola's already a legend tbf.

Maybe when Shola retires he should get some bloke with money to buy the club too.

His playing career at Sunderland is not the reason he is regarded as a legend but that alone was impressive as he guided us to our best ever league finish in over 50 years.

Maybe it's the fact that we were relegated with the lowest points ever recorded and then he,with the help of others bought Murray out and started establishing us as a club again when it looked like we could easily have done a Sheffield Wednesday and dropped down the leagues,he then found us a billionaire who has actually gave us a chance of achieving something.

No man has done more for Sunderland than Quinn has and that's why he is regarded as a legend.

Any playing legends?

I mean, would you put Quinn on par with Shepherd?

The queue for the Evolution Festival is right outside my office on the Quayside and I'm in work today. I've just seen a lad wearing a Mackem top with "Shearer 9" on the back!!!! Seriously! What the fuck?!

Photographic evidence to follow - not a great pic as from in office with railings in way.

Sure it's not a Southampton top?

Guest Wearside

Any playing legends?

Well Phillips broke practically every goalscoring record going at Sunderland and is still the only Englishman to win the European Golden Boot so I'd say he was a bit special.

Quinn on par with Shepherd?

Didn't Shepherd financially ruin your club which you are still paying for now?So no,I'd not put Quinn on a par with Shepherd.

Guest elbee909

Didn't Shepherd financially ruin your club which you are still paying for now?So no,I'd not put Quinn on a par with Shepherd.

Not yet, at least.

It was enough to drive him to drink .....

and drive. Scum.

Any playing legends?

Well Phillips broke practically every goalscoring record going at Sunderland and is still the only Englishman to win the European Golden Boot so I'd say he was a bit special.

Quinn on par with Shepherd?

Still a long time for you to go but at least Shepherd and co got us champions league football and seriously challenging for the league. Where did Quinn get you?

Phillips, good player, scored a few goals but I would be a little disappointed if he was a club legend :lol:

Guest Wearside

Lee Clark, there's a legend.

Excellent player for us and you will fail to find a single SAFC supporter who disagrees,no way back for him at the end though and always picked up a mysterious injury when Fulham were due to play at the SOL. :)

Guest Geordiesned

The queue for the Evolution Festival is right outside my office on the Quayside and I'm in work today. I've just seen a lad wearing a Mackem top with "Shearer 9" on the back!!!! Seriously! What the fuck?!

Photographic evidence to follow - not a great pic as from in office with railings in way.

Sure it's not a Southampton top?

No, I saw the front with Boyle Sports splashed across it.

Lee Clark, there's a legend.

Excellent player for us and you will fail to find a single SAFC supporter who disagrees,no way back for him at the end though and always picked up a mysterious injury when Fulham were due to play at the SOL. :)

Sunderland are Shit.

Unfortunately I had to make a trip to Albania on Wearside today. Hendon of all place, to pick up a package from the  Home Delivery Network depot.

What a depressing drive it was - and this is coming from somebody that lives in South Shields.

Wheyse Keys are these?  Monkeys Knees?  Peter Reids?

Can't wait till they end up giving Niall Quinn the keys to the city, and the obvious joke opportunities that such an event will provide.

No such thing in Sunderland, you get the crowbar to the city there.