Sunderland...

Heron

How come they get a decent amount of money yet try to get 3 has beens? Not one of them would I welcome here.

Gibbson a has been? Wtf.

He's shit though, I'd rather play Guthrie than him.

How come they get a decent amount of money yet try to get 3 has beens? Not one of them would I welcome here.

Gibbson a has been? Wtf.

He's shit though, I'd rather play Guthrie than him.

There's always a lot of guff talked about Man United having 'bad' players. In years gone by it was Nicky Butt and Phil Neville, until recently it was Darren Fletcher and at the moment Michael Carrick seems to be getting a lot of stick. However, Darron Gibson is without a shadow of a doubt one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Man United shirt. Can't pass, can't tackle, just spanks it into row Z from 30 yards time and time again until one finds the top corner.

I'd laugh my cock off if they signed him.

Guest Birmingham1875

Johnson and Gardner - £30m?! :spit:

This Gardner must be a hell of a player as I wouldn't pay over £4m for Roger Johnson

Funny as we paid £5M from Cardiff for him when he'd never played in the prem; and has since formed one of the most highly rated centre back partnerships in the prem, as well as playing in a cup final and making the England standby squad.

Worth £8-10m in the current market; especially as we have a two year option on his contract after this season.

Guest Howaythetoon

The mackems have got a great price for a very very average midfielder and in Brown, O'Shea and Gibson should they all sign, they will have strengthened their overall squad which is the name of the game. They are by no means stellar players but more than good enough for them either as first-teamers or as back-up. Lets not forget the dross we have in our ranks such as Guthrie, Lovenkrands etc.

Guest Birmingham1875

No way is Rodger Johnson worth anywhere near 10 million in actual world football like :lol:

Who is then? Phil Jones went for £16m, Bolton want £18m for Cahill... and foreign centre backs such as Sakho and Subtonic are on the market for similar prices. Johnson is probably the best option available for teams outside the Top 6.

The Johnson-Dann partnership was so overrated last season. They had Foster behind them and about seven other players primarily focused on defending

A slow, pedestrian side easily found out... teams just learned to shift further up the field as we weren't able to counter-attack, and then close down barry ferguson. They were under constant pressure.

The mackems have got a great price for a very very average midfielder and in Brown, O'Shea and Gibson should they all sign, they will have strengthened their overall squad which is the name of the game. They are by no means stellar players but more than good enough for them either as first-teamers or as back-up. Lets not forget the dross we have in our ranks such as Guthrie, Lovenkrands etc.

As replacements for Mensah, Onuoha and Muntari I'd say it's debatable if they're any stronger than last season.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/comolli-jordan-strategy-ngog

Just finally, how will this deal impact upon the future of David Ngog?

Sunderland have had a strong interest in David, so we've agreed to let David speak to Sunderland about his future to see if he's interested in going there. They've expressed a strong interest, so we'll see what's next for him.

They want him anyway. :lol:

The deal was for £19.25 Million, apparently.

Aye, with all the add-ons.

Unless the add ons are Gyan and (can't think of any other decent player they own) then it's still a massive rip off :lol:

The deal was for £19.25 Million, apparently.

Aye, with all the add-ons.

Unless the add ons are Gyan and (can't think of any other decent player they own) then it's still a massive rip off :lol:

True. As long as they spend it on that Man Utd trio and N'Gog, i don't mind though.

Rivalry aside, it's shocking the way the North East has yet again become a place for good young players to get out of as soon as possible. The amount of North East talent playing in the Premiership but not for any of us is terrible really, it's not like we're producing it by the bucketload anyway. The more who go and ply their trade elsewhere, the more future kids will think of doing the same.

Rivalry aside, it's shocking the way the North East has yet again become a place for good young players to get out of as soon as possible. The amount of North East talent playing in the Premiership but not for any of us is terrible really, it's not like we're producing it by the bucketload anyway. The more who go and ply their trade elsewhere, the more future kids will think of doing the same.

Sad but true. Loyalty to the team you grew up supporting/came through the ranks with seems increasingly meaningless too - perhaps I'm just being nostalgic and it's always been this way though.

The wages flying around are too alluring, I suppose. I'd like to think if I got an NUFC salary (which, let's face it, will set you up relatively comfortably for life) I don't think any higher figure would tempt me to leave the club I love - but maybe that's because I don'treally know the difference between a 15k salary and a Yaya Toure salary :laugh:

Even N-O is not immune to the allure of brighter lights, apparently.

Everytime I see this thread I want to go to London like. Fucking class city.

;)

Guest BooBoo

Very true.

The last six months have seen both clubs lose their crown jewel, the home grown player that everyone can identify with. Both Carroll and Henderson showed promise and were nigh on immediately sold, albeit for over inflated prices- whats more galling is that a faded power like Liverpool have lured both away. At least with the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza we had a good couple of years to enjoy them. The Mackems have also lost Bent, who seemingly saw a move to Villa as a step up. In reality, it was a sideways jump with both Villa and SAFC more than likely to finish anywhere next season between 9th and 15th.

It's easy to see both clubs operating this way for the forseeable; bring players through, via the academy or cheap purchases from overseas, develop and sell on while the cycle begins again.

Hotbed of football? Maybe in the stands but at the mo, the North East has reverted to the 1980s.