Sunderland...

Heron

Guest firetotheworks

I just hate the word 'Cattermole'.  No-one with that name can be a successful footballer, surely?

What's that in your avatar Elbee?

Guest elbee909

I just hate the word 'Cattermole'.  No-one with that name can be a successful footballer, surely?

It's from the series 'Snuff Box' - Matt Berry kicking some golf twat for some reason or other.

Guest firetotheworks

It's from the series 'Snuff Box' - Matt Berry kicking some golf t*** for some reason or other.

Ahhh, Ok. I still havent got around to watching all of Snuff Box yet. The 'boyfriend' routine is absolutely amazing on that.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6401664,00.html

Stuart Attwell made the right decision in allowing Liverpool's opening goal against Sunderland to stand, according to refereeing chiefs.

Steve Bruce was furious with the official after Saturday's 2-2 draw, claiming that Attwell should have ruled out Dirk Kuyt's effort.

Fernando Torres seized on Michael Turner's free-kick before playing in Kuyt, but the Black Cats were adamant that he was just touching the ball back for goalkeeper Simon Mignolet to restart play.

However, the Professional Game Match Officials body (PGMO) has defended Attwell after looking back at the incident.

"PGMO has reviewed the first goal scored between Liverpool and Sunderland and believe that the correct decisions were made," read a statement.

"In the majority of cases, referees indicate for the restart by gesturing to players to take the kick.

"These gestures can be minimal.... there is no requirement by Law to use the whistle to make the indication.

Correct

"The ball is then in play when it is kicked and moves. So, in this case, the ball was in play as soon as it is kicked by a Sunderland player.

"Also, the Laws state that the free-kick must be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

"Again, in this case, the referee correctly determined that the free-kick was played from the right place."

Turner was shocked by the decision but admitted that next time he would ensure there was no confusion by picking the ball up and rolling it.

"I just passed it back to the goalkeeper to come and take. I would never have back-heeled it like that to take a free-kick. It's just one of those things," he said.

I don't think Bramble was bad business at all *tin hat on*

£5M for a defender from a team with a shocking defensive record who'd just been relegated.  Still should of signed Distin.

dont judge the player by his teams record

Judge him by the 10-15 fuk ups that season which helped them get relegated.

He was canny when they first came up, looked a prospect, shame he never came close to filling his potential. Thick fuker.

he got them relegated, what bullshit!

He HELPED, thats HELPED, the word there is HELPED, you see it? Do you? I didn't say he GOT them relegated.  :rolleyes:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11707_2225090,00.html

Bramble was dropped by Ipswich boss George Burley for Sunday's Premiership defeat at home to Newcastle with the manager citing the 20-year-old's recent poor form as the reason behind his omission.

The England Under-21 international has failed to recapture the sparkling displays that lit up his maiden campaign in the top flight, and stamped him out as a future star.

He has been linked with a string of bigger clubs in the past and, should Ipswich succumb to relegation, which is a distinct possibility given their present plight, Bramble could be sacrificed to balance the books.

Town boss Burley has admitted that Bramble has rejected the offer of a contract extension, but is planning further talks with the youngster and his agent Jonathan Barnett.

Burley said: "We did make Titus an offer. It is normal practice to do this with any young player. It is an on-going situation and we are still hopeful of reaching an agreement.

"I have spoken to his agent a number of times and, at the moment, there is no agreement. We will just have to see where we go from here."

Manager even dropped him he was that bad.

Why are folk so keen to continue painting him as a bad defender. It's just complete and utter nonsense. He's a good defender and has been for a while.

Who, Bramble?  hes fucking useless man.

He's been a solid Premier League defender for the past few seasons tbh.

Guest Stephen927

I'm probably biased when I say this but I honestly thought Turner had underplayed a pass back to Mignolet. Bruce is talking shite if he thinks he wouldn't have loved to see his team capitalise on a chance like that, he'd be doing his nut if they passed it back to the keeper in the interests of fair play, and rightly so.

I'd say also cut off the supply to Bent but most of his goals are scrappy penalties/penalty box scrambles. He's a good goal poacher but technically awful, mind I doubt Sunderland fans care about that. I'd also watch out for Henderson. My Sunderland-supporting mate has been going on about him for nearly 2 years now and he's been their 2nd best player this year and the latter parts of last, if not their best.