Sunderland...

Heron

So will O'Neill actually be given a £40 million transfer kitty in January as rumoured?

Nah.

Can you imagine if he did get a big transfer budget, he would waste it all signing players like Heskey :shifty:

So will O'Neill actually be given a £40 million transfer kitty in January as rumoured?

Nah.

Can you imagine if he did get a big transfer budget, he would waste it all signing players like Heskey :shifty:

Can see him spending big big money on the likes of Zamora, Jarvis & Sinclair.

Nah.

All sound players really.....:undecided:

In any case, he'll no doubt attempt to raid Villa.

Nah.

All sound players really.....:undecided:

In any case, he'll no doubt attempt to raid Villa.

I doubt Villa will let him take anyone of any quality, so no worries there. Maybe some of their over paid shite, which there is a canny selection of tbf.

They are good players, and they are the type of players they need and he'd like (IMO) but they'll cost a bomb in January, all 3 would be double figures, all 3 would quickly finish off any £40m transfer kitty.

If they don't go out and make a big statement like that, the club will continue its decline, and come the summer when players have more choice sunderland will be left scraping the barrel with Manure dregs looking for a final payday, and MoN will be out the door soon after, probably of his own accord.

What the hell does marra mean anyway?  I presume it's mate but just looks so daft.

Met quite a few mackems and never heard one say it.  They seem to love it on messageboards.

Only been to Wearside for work, in and out as fast as I could and never heard it then either.

Guest Chubby Jason

O'Neill is a very good manager and has proven that wherever he has been. Can we stop pretending he's crap just because he's been linked with Sunderland?

Guest Chubby Jason

Of course he has faults, all managers do. He's the best they could do though and would be a massive improvement on Bruce.

Guest elbee909

O'Neill is a very good manager and has proven that wherever he has been. Can we stop pretending he's crap just because he's been linked with Sunderland?

Guest Chubby Jason

That's pretty much what everybody has said.

I think his faults will stick out more at Sunderland than they did at Villa. It's a considered prediction, not writing him off just because he's signing for Sunderland.

It's what what "everyone" has said at all. Someone was calling him a "checkbook manager" a few posts back.

That's pretty much what everybody has said.

I think his faults will stick out more at Sunderland than they did at Villa. It's a considered prediction, not writing him off just because he's signing for Sunderland.

It's what what "everyone" has said at all. Someone was calling him a "checkbook manager" a few posts back.

He didn't call him crap though, did he? It was an observation that has some credence and evidence to it. It's a point about his limitations, similar to saying he doesn't think outside the box with regards to signings, or plays football a certain way.

I don't think there's a single person on here that thinks Bruce is a better or even equivalent manager. That said, I'm interested to see how he will go about the Sunderland job for a number of reasons that I've posted. No different to people saying that O'Shea and Brown were bad or average signings over the summer when all their fans were creaming themselves about their experience and reputation.

O’Neill will expect to be given a sizeable transfer kitty ahead of the January window and proof that Short will genuinely back him should he relocate to the North East.

Sources have suggested the kitty is likely to be around £15 million and the Northern Irishman will also want guarantees that more money will be made available in the summer.