Next Seasons Starting XI

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest kingdawson

They have played Agbonlahor and one of Carew and Heskey for the vast majority of the season.

Carew has started 4 league games this season. Heskey has started 8 league games this season.

Agbonlahor has started 27.

4 league starts for carew? where the hell did you get that from?

No excuse i misread them :lol:. On the official site it says Carew has made 15 appearances and 11 of them as a sub.

Guest jonlane86

Harper

Simpson - Collocini - Williamson - Enrique

Barton - Nolan - Guthrie

Jonas - Carroll - Routledge

Although I'd like to see us sign someone I believe that 11 could perform well, also think it should be able to convert well from 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 where appropriate

Guest kingdawson

Aye, it should have been obvious. I'd love to know how on earth he came to the conclusion that they play Agbonlahor as a lone striker.

My point still stands tho. They played 4-5-1. Agbonlahor not partnering the striker.

If you think about it really Reo-coker, Sidwell and Delph hardly ever play. So it would have been some mystery third central midfielder starting all those games in the middle to make the supposed 4-5-1.

Aye, it should have been obvious. I'd love to know how on earth he came to the conclusion that they play Agbonlahor as a lone striker.

My point still stands tho. They played 4-5-1. Agbonlahor not partnering the striker.

Um ... okay?!

:harry:

You said they played 4-5-1 'usually'. It simply isn't true, mate.

Guest kingdawson

If you think about it really Reo-coker, Sidwell and Delph hardly ever play. So it would have been some mystery third central midfielder starting all those games in the middle to make the supposed 4-5-1.

Agbonlahor didn't play up top. More a roaming player that occasionally played up top. The formation was set up 4-5-1.

Hopefully Brummie gets here (again).

I see a lot of teams for next season with Guthrie in the centre. Really like the guy, but not sure he should be starting in a midfield two in the prem. I think someone like O'Hara is a bit more robust and would do better in there. I think we would then need a  stronger, athletic, super energetic guy in there to partner someone like O'Hara - think Diame at Wigan or Palacios. Obviously not to buy them, but someone in that mould.

Agbonlahor didn't play up top. More a roaming player that occasionally played up top. The formation was set up 4-5-1.

So you've basically gone from thinking that Agbonlahor played up front alone to thinking he didn't play up front at all? :lol:

Guest Heneage

I'm sorry but anyone suggesting Ranger for the bench I think is really Naive.

Harper

Taylor              Coloccini Williamson        Enrique

Routledge         New    Barton                 Jonas

Carroll         New

Krul, Kadar, (New CB), Guthrie, NewWinger, Loven, Ameobi

Are you saying Young and Milner weren't out wide early in the season then?! Or are you saying Gabby was playing CM?!

Guest kingdawson

It is true. Last season they played 4-5-1 and this season has been a mixture (mostly 4-5-1 though imo). I mean there's countless blogs where Villa fans talk about it

http://www.thevillablog.co.uk/aston-villa-blog/avfc-opinion/is-martin-oneill-about-to-change-formation-for-the-match-against-birmingham-city/

quite a lot more tbh. As i said, you and kaka have your opinion and i have mine. Brummie knows more then all of us so lets see what he says.

I'm sorry but anyone suggesting Ranger for the bench I think is really Naive.

Harper

Taylor              Coloccini Williamson        Enrique

Routledge         New    Barton                 Jonas

Carroll         New

Krul, Kadar, (New CB), Guthrie, NewWinger, Loven, Ameobi

I'd rather buy a new RB to start every game rather than a sub centre back and play Taylor there. Same as a winger would rather buy a stronger player in another position than another sub.

Regardign Barton does he really deserve to be in the first team next season? Has done nothing since he came here and didn't even contribute this year. Would love for us to cut our loses on him. Just a headache waiting to happen. I'm sure if he was involved this year he would have only hurt our chances with one distraction or the other.

It is true. Last season they played 4-5-1 and this season has been a mixture (mostly 4-5-1 though imo). I mean there's countless blogs where Villa fans talk about it

http://www.thevillablog.co.uk/aston-villa-blog/avfc-opinion/is-martin-oneill-about-to-change-formation-for-the-match-against-birmingham-city/

quite a lot more tbh. As i said, you and kaka have your opinion and i have mine. Brummie knows more then all of us so lets see what he says.

I never mentioned last season.

Guest Heneage

Agree with the little guy on this one, Ranger should be loaned out. Preferrably to a club in a less than vibrant city.

Am I the little guy? ???