Next Seasons Starting XI

Guest sicko2ndbest

Harper/Krul

STaylor  Coloccini    NEW    Enrique

NEW    Guthrie      NEW  Jonas

NEW  NEW

It is extremely unlikely that we are going to purchase 2 new strikers so I suppose Carroll is going to have to start.

Absolute necessities are new CB, RM, CM, one FW (someone like Doyle would be nice)

Guest kingdawson

Don't like to agree with KD, but i agree with him

Sure whenever possible they play

Downy-Milner-Young behind a single striker...

Don't really understand why you don't like agreeing with me if i'm correct. If you're correct i agree with you. Pretty simple.

Anyway you're right. Villa get good results when they play 4-5-1. Even their fans were complaining when O'Neil switched to 4-4-2 a short while ago.

Don't like to agree with KD, but i agree with him

Sure whenever possible they play

Downy-Milner-Young behind a single striker...

Wrong I'm afraid.

It's almost always Gabby and Heskey/Carew uupfront and a midfield four of Young, Petrov, Milner and Downing.

Definitely a pure 4-4-2 side with two wingers.

Guest kingdawson

No Kaka that's now they do that. Before Milner became a revelation in cm, they would usually play 4-5-1. No probs though, we'll just wait until Brummie gets on here (again).

We're not looking to kick arse are we, we're looking to survive and I think most of the lads will do just that.

Steve Harper

STaylor  Coloccini  Williamson  Enrique

Routledge  Guthrie  NEW! Please  Gutiérrez

Carroll    Lovenkrands

Bench: Krul,  Simpson, Kádár, Barton, RTaylor, Ameobi, Ranger.           

I'd love get some fresh faces in there, but chances are it might not happen. I'd prioritize another center midfield and striker.

No Kaka that's now they do that. Before Milner became a revelation in cm, they would usually play 4-5-1. No probs though, we'll just wait until Brummie gets on here (again).

Before Downing was fit he played Milner on the right and either Delph or Sidwell in the centre with Petrov. With Downing's return Milner was then moved in centrally to partner Petrov. Gabby has consistently been played with either Heskey/Carew upfront unless two of the three were injured or for the odd match where O'Neill wanted to be more defensive e.g. liverpool away early in the season I believe.

We're not looking to kick arse are we, we're looking to survive and I think most of the lads will do just that.

Steve Harper

Gutiérrez  Guthrie  NEW! Please  Gutiérrez

Carroll    Lovenkrands

I'd love get some fresh faces in there, but chances are it might not happen. I'd prioritize another center midfield and striker.

If only this was possible  :lol:

Steve Harper

Gutiérrez  Guthrie  NEW! Please  Gutiérrez

Carroll    Lovenkrands

If only this was possible  :lol:

Whoa! big mistake, stick Routledge on the right.

Guest kingdawson

They have played Agbonlahor and one of Carew and Heskey for the vast majority of the season.

Carew has started 4 league games this season. Heskey has started 8 league games this season.

Agbonlahor has started 27.

They have played Agbonlahor and one of Carew and Heskey for the vast majority of the season.

Carew has started 4 league games this season. Heskey has started 8 league games this season.

Gabby - 28, Heskey - 16 and Carew - 15.

Guest kingdawson

no no my friend. I'm afraid you didn't read my post properly and decided to include sub appearances. Carew has STARTED 4 League games and Heskey has STARTED 8 league games.

Exactly, Agbon and one or the other.

Give it up man, KD.

Guest kingdawson

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10265~28715,00.html

15 appearances.....11 as a sub......not great at maths but doesn't that make it 4 starts?

no no my friend. I'm afraid you didn't read my post properly and decided to include sub appearances. Carew has STARTED 4 League games and Heskey has STARTED 8 league games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?teamId=362&cat=starts&order=true&season=2009&leagueId=23&cc=5739

GS - Games started

SB - Substitute appearances

4 league starts for carew? where the hell did you get that from?